PDA

View Full Version : Mission not accomplished (but I gave it my best shot)

StaceyJane
06-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Lately I've been thinking about getting a TX ID card with Stacey's picture on it. I had heard it was possible from some of the members of the forum and I thought I could use it where I had to show my ID buying train tickets.

I thought about it last night at work and looked up some information about getting the ID card.

This afternoon when I got up (I work nights) I started thinking about it again. Since my wife is away I'm trying to go out every day as Stacey so I got up and got dressed as Stacey. I decided that I needed to go the store to buy some soda. So I went out to go shopping. I had decided that I really didn't need the ID card and it would be a waste of money to get one.

Next thing I knew I was driving past the store on the way to the DMV. When I got there I thought "Well I'm here, might as well do it." So I went in.

It was packed inside. Great...

I got the paper work and filled it out then found a seat. On the TV in the waiting room they were showing "Big Momma's House"
Well, that meant I wasn't the only guy in a dress to look at. After an hour wait my number was called.

I went up to the counter and explained what I wanted. The lady had no problem I just need to show my DL, SS card and birth certificate. Birth Certificate? I didn't know I would have to show that since I had a valid DL. I have a lot of junk in my purse but a birth certificate isn't part of it.

So I left without accomplishing my mission. On my way home I did stop by the store and get my soda. I was crowded but I had no problems.

Again another day out en femme without any problems.

wishing2bali
06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
At least you now know what you'll need should you decide to go back and get your new ID.
Congrats on the day out

Cheryl James
06-18-2010, 09:00 PM
That is too bad, but give it another try. I believe that it is possible to do that in my state, as well. I'm just not sure that I have the courage, yet, to pull that off. Heck, I feel out of place at the DMV when I'm dressed as a guy.

Rogina B
06-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Cheryl,Florida is very easy for the ID card.They line you up forthe shot[center your head]so that it will be identical to your dl pic...Every time you get pulled over,your girl mode pic shows up on their screen in the police car!!! [last pic taken by the DMV]..So the other night,the young officer says"your picture doesn't look a thing like your DL". So,I whip out my ID card and say that is my girl pic!!! Gives them something to talk about.. Anyway,girl ID works great for travel,bar id,etc. A must have!:2c:

Stephanie-L
06-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Stacey, I just checked the Texas website on requirements to obtain a Texas ID card. You only need a valid Texas drivers license, or a valid passport, or a valid military ID. There is no other ID required. If you don't have one of these then a birth certificate may be required as a secondary piece of ID. So, it sounds like the woman was used to dealing with kids who have no other form of ID, and that is what she is used to requiring. Check the webite, I googled it easily, and it gives a list of primary ID that require no backup, then secondary ID that does require supporting documentation. Interestingly, a DL from another state is considered a secondary form of ID and they may require other documentation, though they didn't when I first got my TX DL. My advice, print out the chart from the website, and go back and get your ID. I plan on doing it next chance I get.....Stephanie

Here is the website
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/driverlicense/identificationrequirements.htm

AKAMichelle
06-19-2010, 09:02 AM
There is always tomorrow. So this time take the necessary paperwork and get'er done. :devil:

Cheryl James
06-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Cheryl,Florida is very easy for the ID card.They line you up forthe shot[center your head]so that it will be identical to your dl pic...Every time you get pulled over,your girl mode pic shows up on their screen in the police car!!! [last pic taken by the DMV]..So the other night,the young officer says"your picture doesn't look a thing like your DL". So,I whip out my ID card and say that is my girl pic!!! Gives them something to talk about.. Anyway,girl ID works great for travel,bar id,etc. A must have!:2c:

Sounds pretty easy to me except for the part about being at a busy DMV office dressed as a woman when most people will know that you are really a man dressed as a woman. I know it's not like choosing lethal injection over the electric chair, but it, still, would be a huge challenge for me at my personal stage of confidence. I have added it to my "to do" list, though.

Freddy12
06-19-2010, 11:43 AM
To me, and a lot of others, another day enfemme IS a mission accomplished! You also know what even the pickiest person will require for you to get your TX ID, so, look on the brifgt side. You accomplished A LOT!!

Tasha McIntyre
06-19-2010, 05:45 PM
To me, and a lot of others, another day enfemme IS a mission accomplished! ...., so, look on the brifgt side. You accomplished A LOT!!

I so agree with Freddy, you are conquering your fears in a big way. You did accomplish a lot.

Well done

Tash :)