PDA

View Full Version : surpise exceptance.

5150 Girl
06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
The other day my Polar Bear is out with her folks and her brother. The phone rings, she says “We have one more stop to make, and we’re thinking of going out to eat, do you wanna go?” “Yea, that’s cool” I say… She says, I’ll call ya back when we’re done.
So about half hour later, phone rings, she says “get your heels on, and fix your makeup, we’re on our way” Well, I figured this for a joke, and just grabed my regular things, tennis and a ball cap, put the dogs in puppy jail and headed out.
We had to shuffle some things in the vehicle to make space, at which time her dad said to me, “I don’t care how you dress, as long as you don’t pull a “Paris Hilton” on us…. (Refering to how she flashes herself getting out of cars)
This was quite a shock to me. I know he heard the roumors about me some time back and had little recaton at that time. The thing is, he’s a real man’s man, ya know… A farmer, former logger, and a few other manly professions… A man so concervitive that he won’t have anything to do with his gay grandchildren’s SO’s.
He has yet to meet Wynonna in person. I have to wonder though, if and when that day comes, if it will help to open his mind to other things down the road. (such as the the grand kid's SO's) I hope so.

ColleenW
06-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Wow! - That sounds great. Thanks for the post, it's always good to hear about acceptance and the good things, espically since there is still so much negativity around.:)

5150 Girl
06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
update:
A couple days ago, I didn't ceach all of the coment as things were busy at the time, but he used the words "Paris Hilton"... I said, actualy, ya know, I'm more of a Sarah Palin fan, than a Paris Hilton fan.... It went no farther as other events taking place turned the conversations. I was hoping to convey that "my drag" (for want of a better phrase) is more classy like SP, and not trapmy like PH.

I have to wonder though, and I have yet to discuss either of these conversations with my Polar Bear, but whereas he has brought it up X2 if I should take this as a hint that he may wnat to see Wynonna for himself? :confused: Confusing hu?

Kitty Sue
06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
That's great. I has a similar experience. My ex fiance's father said I do not care what you wear, CDing is only a fetish. I just hope you stay off the alcohol and drugs(I am in AA). This blew me away, as he was a hard working SE Ohio man, who had spent 25 years as a coal miner.