PDA

View Full Version : Question

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 01:47 AM
I have a question. How would I go about telling my parents about my crossdressing? I've half-thought about just letting them know that if they find women's clothing, other than my mom's, that it's just mine, but then I don't. What do you recommend as to doing that?

Loni
06-20-2010, 02:45 AM
before telling them. test the waters about how they feel about cross dressing.:daydreaming:

i do not know your parents, how they were raised, ware they live...etc.
but even some open minded people just can not cope with this little hobby of ours.:doh:

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 02:50 AM
what do you recommend, then, for testing the waters? what should I ask, preferably without alerting them to the fact that I'm a crossdresser?

Andy66
06-20-2010, 03:07 AM
what do you recommend, then, for testing the waters?
Maybe watch that RuPaul show on television, or a movie with crossdressing characters? Good luck.

suzy1
06-20-2010, 03:09 AM
You could say you have just heard a friend, or someone at work crossdresses and see the reaction you get from them.

SUZY

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 03:12 AM
Maybe watch that RuPaul show on television, or a movie with crossdressing characters? Good luck.

thing is, I know nothing about crossdressing in my locality, meaning that I don't know where any support groups, or know any crossdressers, or know of any movies with a crossdresser.

Does Rocky Horrow Picture Show count?

Shelly Preston
06-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Lara

I suggest you read the link in my signature on telling your partner

It contains information which you may want to consider before saying anything

Joanne f
06-20-2010, 03:24 AM
If you come straight out and say "i am a cross dresser " then you will more and likely get a lot of questions thrown at you so unless you are prepared for them or do not really know the answers yet i would go for the slow approach in getting something a bit feminine or androgynous to wear and see if you get a reaction and then follow up from that depending on what the reaction is which will give them time to grow into it with you .

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 03:29 AM
If you come straight out and say "i am a cross dresser " then you will more and likely get a lot of questions thrown at you so unless you are prepared for them or do not really know the answers yet i would go for the slow approach in getting something a bit feminine or androgynous to wear and see if you get a reaction and then follow up from that depending on what the reaction is which will give them time to grow into it with you .

are you refering to wearing more feminine types of clothing? like jeans, or a more feminine shirt?

Joanne f
06-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Yes , if you wear a more feminine shirt/ top and get a " why are you wearing that " you will know they are wanting to question it but if you get no reaction then you could go a bit further, it all depends on how far you want to go and how far you think they would be happy in seeing you go in front of them .

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 03:50 AM
I did actually buy a female shirt from a store, and she was there, but we didn't know at first, but when we got home, we discovered it was a female shirt. (wow, a rambling sentence)

Point is, I have a couple female shirts already, and she's completely ok with them.

Joanne f
06-20-2010, 03:57 AM
There seams to be no problem it the moment then so why not try some female jeans or trousers/pants or jump straight to a sensible skirt and i have even known people to wear a skirt over jeans
/trousers to brake the ice so to speak, or a long top over jeans which is getting towards a dress.

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 03:59 AM
There seams to be no problem it the moment then so why not try some female jeans or trousers/pants or jump straight to a sensible skirt and i have even known people to wear a skirt over jeans
/trousers to brake the ice so to speak.

there is a nice skirt i had found recently, but I don't know exactly what you mean by 'sensible'. Also, I think shoes should be held off until I get farther in the process, though I do know my size, which is nice.

Joanne f
06-20-2010, 04:05 AM
Not to short and not to girlie ( and i am going to get into trouble in a minute for putting to many posts in):heehee:

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Sorry bout that, then, but how do I know if it's too 'girly'?

carolinoakland
06-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Trust me, you'll know what 'girlie' is when it happens.

carolinoakland
06-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Depending on you age though...'girlie' could be described as childish, barbie and tea sets...

Joanne f
06-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Try Denim or black especially Denim as males can get away with wearing a Denim skirt .

linnea
06-20-2010, 07:27 AM
I benefitted greatly from reading (several times) Shelley Preston's advice about how to tell a partner. I think that you've got to prepare yourself, and that's one way. Another way is to ask yourself (and give honest answers) about why you crossdress and why you want your parents to know. This may sound simple, but you've really got to dig deep, because when they respond, they will definitely have questions. If you aren't clear and sincere in your answers, you may do some damage.
I think that ultimately the direct approach, rather than hinting at it in various ways, is the best. But you've got to be prepared.
In the last year, after fifty years of secrecy, I have come out to my children, my spouse, and several close friends. I prepared a lot ahead of time. It has been mostly very good. I hope that you have good results with your parents (I wish that I had told mine).
Good luck.

Rogina B
06-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Age,country,a bit about you....People can't give you help to form a plan with so little info from you.:eek:

LaraCreaft
06-20-2010, 12:50 PM
As to age, I'm 23, from Wisconsin...anything else?

charlotte_sp
06-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I think in your situation, you might want to try telling just your mom first.
Most likely she will ask you (at least) these two questions, so try to prepare an honest answer.

1. Are you gay?

2. Do you want to become a girl?

Anyways this kind of thing is usually not easy, so best of luck to you.