PDA

View Full Version : In Bangkok for a few days. Any views on dressing girlie?

becki_babe_uk
06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I am in Bangkok for the next few days and want to go out dressed. Anyone got any ideas/experience? Any tips? Is it ok for a Westerner? Thanks :)

CharleneT
06-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I've never been there, some say it is the trans capital of the world. A friend of mine teaches/lives in Bangkok and he and his wife have told me that gender presentation is not a thing to worry about. You can go out any way that you want. Enjoy !

linnea
06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I've heard the same thing about Bangkok, so I'd say, have a great time, girlie-girl!

AKAMichelle
06-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Be careful where you go in Bangkok. If you end up in a hospital there, they can improve the girlie image for good. Sounds like a pretty progressive area for gender expression.

I think the only fear that I would have is to stay away from the red shirts. The military seems to be doing a lot of shooting at them lately and I wouldn't want to caught in the crossfire. Other than that, Bangkok is one of those towns that I want to visit one day.

kellycan27
06-20-2010, 01:49 PM
I have been twice..loved it. The people are really nice, and you can do ANYTHING in girly mode. I didn't have one negative experience..even when traveling in the countryside. :)