PDA

View Full Version : Time observations from a crossdresser.

SandraAbsent
06-21-2010, 03:07 AM
A few things I have noticed about myself the deeper I go into my life as a crossdresser. Sometimes I shake my own head at how time consuming it can be. :doh:

Grooming
1. Shaving. About 4 to 5 hours per week. I shave my arms, under arms, legs, chest, legs, groin basically everything at least twice per week. This also includes all the tweezing of things like the brows and nose (ewww nose hair is just disgusting.) I also keep my head shaved with clippers so my short haired wigs don't have man hair poking through.

The benefit is that not only do I look and feel prettier en femme, but I also find that I tend to look better and well groomed drab. I have also found that either just about everyone either doesn't notice, doesn't care, or doesn't comment.

Worth it!

2. Ex-foliating. 1 hour per week. Softer healthier skin

Worth it!

3. Moisturizer. This is daily and I have found every part of me looks and feels better. This really keeps your skin together and drab or femme I would never stop now.

4. Nails. 1 to 2 hours per week. Although I don't use polish, I think it looks terrible to have nails that are all messed up. Again this would be a drab or femme thing regardless and I see as just good grooming.

Worth it!

Laundry and other maintenance:
1. Ok I dont dress 247, but I dress in one way or another daily. Even if its only sleeping in my girl PJs. So doing laundry for 2 can be a pain in the arse. I am single living alone and find myslef doing 4-5 loads per week. Grrrrrr:Angry3:

2. Cleaning breast forms after every use. Well it would be gross not to right?

3. Wig care & cleaning. My shaved man hair is much easier to maintain.

Actually dressing
Between choosing an outfit, makeup, hair styling, and the most important activity of finding the right shoes, we all know how much time this can take depending on the occasion!

Worth it!

I used to have to track my time at work as a manager so that we could identify how to be more efficient in our activities. Someday I should keep an actual log to see for sure. I am guessing that all total I probably spend 10-15 hours a week just to dress femme. When you combine work and a very needy cat its amazing how I find time to shop. Pfffff

charlotte_sp
06-21-2010, 04:11 AM
I totally hear you!
I have very few clothes, maybe 20 items total, and I hand-washed everything the other day...it took forever!

RachelDenise
06-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Sandra, an excellent post that puts our lives into perspective. You have to want it. Now you can understand the book "The Lazy Crossdresser".

Linda St. John
06-21-2010, 11:46 AM
How about all those hours spent on this forum??:heehee:

t-girlxsophie
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
The result of your Thread is clear,Sandra ITS ALL WORTH IT:daydreaming::heehee:

Nicole Erin
06-21-2010, 02:18 PM
It is a lot of work. Sometimes too much work. I have a lady at school who tells me I should be coming to school each day made up. And yes, I sometimes do. But honestly, I hate doing it, that constitutes effort. :straightface:

One beginsd to really appreciate what women go thru. Beauty is pain.

How about all those hours spent on this forum??:heehee:

You have a point. That is a necessity for any TS/CD. In fact, before Tg forums were invented, TS and CD simply did not exist. :heehee:

SandraAbsent
06-21-2010, 11:25 PM
The result of your Thread is clear,Sandra ITS ALL WORTH IT

Absolutely. I look at it this way, I love the way i feel when dressed en femme and all the time involved is well invested. Quite honestly I think the best side effect is that I present myself as a much better groomed man as well. I have always been high and tight and my dressing just reinforces the need to be.