PDA

View Full Version : Burlesque classes

Heisthebride
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
In my hometown there are a couple of Bulesque reviews that my wife and I have seen. For my birthday she suggested she might get me classes that are taught by one of the performers. I thought about it and it sounded fun so I said yes and invited my wife to join me. That was about three months ago and the next class starts in July so my wife signed us up. I figured it would be learning some hip pops and leg streches, dancing kind of stuff. The itinerary came today and I'm a little surprised by it.

Heels are recommended, not to big a deal. So I wear heels in front of the class. Further along it states wear form fitting clothes and strippable items over them. Ok, I can strip off a shirt or belt, no biggie. Week 2 it says to bring along lingerie-gloves, bra, corset, shimmy belt. I don't even know what a shimmy belt is. Week 3 we are supposed to bring stockings and gloves for the classic "chair dance". Week 5 is pasties and tassles. At the end of the class there is a student showcase as in, in front of an audience.

I'm a little freaked out right now but this could be lots if fun. In for a dime in for a dollar I guess. The instructor knows I am a guy and says there is no judging people in the class. I'll be in front of a small group in lingerie and stripping. I think I can "man" up , I hope the class is ok with it. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm also excited since my wife is not really into lingerie, stockings, etc. She'll need to find some new wardrobe items for the class too.

Leanne2
06-21-2010, 03:20 PM
You are so lucky to have a wife that understands your needs. Most of us don't have that. The class sounds like fun to me. But you need to have a full body waxing before the first class. Don't look like a guy up there. Have a great time! Leanne

Persephone
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Just go en femme and have a great time! It is very likely that the other women in the class will be just as nervous and awkward at first as you will be. If you are there en femme they will probably be more comfortable than with you there trying to be a guy. Try to relax (not easy, I know!) and just get into it. Enjoy! And please be sure to tell us all about it!

Tracey Corset
06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
phew, can't wait to see how this pans out, have a few shots before you go out!!!! can't wait for the update

Heisthebride
06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll consider going en femme, I want to discuss it with my wife first to see if she's ok with it. I might go to the first class in drab just to introduce myself first. No special costume requirements for the first class.

My main issue with en femme is that I usually don't dress much in the summer. I have hairy legs and arms and if I shave it will be noticed by my non aware friends. If I don't shave well, that's kinda ickey with nylons. I'll try to figure out something.

celeste26
06-21-2010, 06:24 PM
That's why someone suggested a full body waxing first.

Shelby
06-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Hello from a fellow Minnesotan. This class sounds awesome, never heard of anything like this around here. I know how much we all enjoy wearing our shorts in the summer considering how short it is, so the leg hair canbe an issue,but I just decided to hell with it and shaved it off and will do so for as long as I can. I love Burlesque, it sounds fun but I don't know about performing in a show unless I was completely enfemme and I would want a friend to join me.

Loni
06-21-2010, 08:10 PM
heck with the photos we want videos...lots of videos :heehee::D:devil:

"Mary"
07-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I would so love to do this! I move awfully in guy or girl mode and it would so great to have some decent moves.

Good for you!

Eagerly watching for updates as they come. Thanks for sharing.

Aaron Zwidling
07-30-2010, 03:36 PM
So - what happened? It is the end of July so presumably you have been to a few classes and had to strip down to your corset and bra in front of the other members of the class. How did your classmates react?

patti1569
07-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I must say that this sounds like...........THE BEST THING EVER!!! I have many fantisies about what I would like to do while dressed, and now I can add burlesque classes to the top of the list. Please let us know how it went.