PDA

View Full Version : What is your stuff in?

minalost
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
This is not a "where do you hide your fem things" question, but a "what do you put them in" question. I started thinking about this the other day when I decided I had enough makeup to need something to put it all in. My first thought was a nice travel makeup case, or something like that. Then I went looking. The only things found at first glance appeared to be ether made for 14 year olds - way to cutesy - or way too expensive - I'd rather spent the $20 - $25 on makeup to put IN it! So I got to thinking - why do I have to use an actual makeup case/bag/whatever? So I hit Walmart a walked out with two plastic "lunch box" containers at a total cost of about $5 and now my make up is safe and organized (okay, make that more or less organized :D).

So, what do you girls all store your make up in? Fancy case, cheep plasic storage unit, or the cardbord box it was mailed in (that's what I was using...)?
:hugs:

Jonique Patricia
06-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I recently purchased a 9,00 euro suitcase and well the wife has a ton of make up bags of all sizes that I took one for the little make up I have.

I would suggest going to Good Will's and seeing what they might have as far as suitcases and make up boxes. They might be even cheaper then Wally's Mart.

kimdl93
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
my wife and I share a make up drawer on the bathroom vanity. I have my stuff, she has hers and we share when needed :)

SuzanneBender
06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
I use one of those silly cutsey 14 year old make up cases and just load it up for trips. I have also use a fishing box and it worked great.

Elle1946
06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
A cheep plasic basket in the medicine cabinet.

Chloe Renee
06-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I use a cheap $8 plastic tool box from Wally world. It is okay, but I really wantto upgrade to what my SO uses. She has a large tackle box with pull out drawers and dividers. It holds tonnes of makeup plus brushes and supplies.

SuzanneBender
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I use a cheap $8 plastic tool box from Wally world. It is okay, but I really wantto upgrade to what my SO uses. She has a large tackle box with pull out drawers and dividers. It holds tonnes of makeup plus brushes and supplies.

Victoria make sure if you are a fisherman that it is different from your normal tackle box. It could make for a moment if you are out with your buddies on the lake and pull out the box for that perfect lure and pull out a bottle of foundation or a tube of lipstick.

Andrea Reynolds
06-21-2010, 07:36 PM
I have my own dresser drawers for my femme wear. Andrea

Marcia Blue
06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
My makeup and such, are in a case, that used to contain my butane soldering iron and torches. It is approx. 12 inches square and 3 inches deep. The outer surface is textured aluminum, the inside is lined with velvet. I need to find something as nice for my nail polish collection. I keep the polish in a plastic food container.

linnea
06-21-2010, 08:26 PM
When I came out of the closet (at least to my family and close friends), I stopped hiding my stuff--it went into the closet. What a nice feeling to find my fem things hanging on hangers instead of getting rumpled in a box in the attic or a dusty corner of the basement.

PretzelGirl
06-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I went to Walmart and looked over all the tool boxes and tackle boxes and settled on a flourescent green tool box. The tackles that I looked at had compartments that were too small. Doesn't seem like I am a unique thinker. :heehee:

NathalieX66
06-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Makeup = 10 dollar plastic toolbox
shoes = hanging shoe organizer on the back of the door of my walk-in closet.
clothing = either hanging in a walk-in closet, or in a dresser of one of my unused rooms.
prosthetics = steamer trunk
jewelry = jewlery box on the dresser.
wigs = styrofoam heads that is jammed on some microphone stands...makes it easier to comb them.

BTW, none of this is in my actual bedroom. But as you can see, this is no closeted hobby either.

mykhelee
06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Well that would depend what is going on...
I tend to go for a very natural look for make up so that all fits into the purse.
Shoes are kept in their original boxes if possible-I have a rolling suitcase that will hold six pairs of heels and two pair of boots for traveling.
I use one large and one medium rolling suitcases two hold clothes, the smaller stuffed with devices to help attain form, the other the window dressing.
I also carry a small duffel bag in case I need to go drab.
My flatiron, curling iron, blow dryer and such sundry items are also along for the ride.

Ashley S
06-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Where do I store my stuff? Everywhere!

My stuff used to live in boxes in the closet, but now clothes get their own drawers and hangars. Makeup is kept in a cheap plastic zip-up case under the bathroom sink, or randomly around the bathroom. Shoes are in the closet or on the floor in the bedroom, or wherever I kick them off.

It's so much nicer to not have to package it up when finished, and to not worry about girls stuff in the laundry.

eluuzion
06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I've always been a bit of an organization freak.
I have always been a fan of those cheap plastic cases with the lids. (shoebox size down to tiny ones). I like the fishing tackle and multi compartment boxes too. I also use lots of various sizes of sealable baggies. Every closet, storage area and drawer of my house is full of little labeled baggies and boxes, lol. Hey, when you are a spacehead like me...it works. :D

Before I owned jewelry boxes, I used the above strategy. My best source for storage containers is craft aisles at Hobby Lobby, Michaels' and Dollar Tree.

suchacutie
06-21-2010, 10:58 PM
I keep my makeup split into two groups. Group I is what I know I will need every time (primer, foundation, powder, etc) plus one of everything else so that from this group I could do a complete makeup job at the drop of a hat. Group II holds all my other stuff (different eye shadow, different brow pencils, different mascara, etc). These two groups are kept in...are you ready...ziplock plastic bags, and then both of these bags are in a lovely little Crabtree and Evelyn carry bag (one of many at my sink area).

The ziplock bag may sound silly, but it keeps the moisture constant and keeps excess oxygen out, besides keeping the mess to a minimum. Also, having one set of makeup materials that I know will do the job, I can just grab this bag at a moment's notic, drop it into a suitcase, and off we go!

tina

Samantha B L
06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
All of my stuff is in clear plastic shopping bags from Econo Foods and also Cosmetic Counter "Holiday" bags. My only regret is that in my last move I found out my boots fit into this long cardboard box more compactly if I threw out the special "hang it up on the walk-in closet wall" totebag that came with the boots. I hated to throw that out but I had a couple of days to get packed and I had to think quick.

SandraAbsent
06-21-2010, 11:16 PM
I live alone, and rarely have guests. Everything is right out in the open.

donnatracey
06-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Pink travel makeup bag......what doesn't fit there goes in a shoebox.....

Lexine
06-22-2010, 01:38 AM
All over my apartment ;)

I don't hide that there's a girl living in my apartment... especially if that girl is me ;)

Chloe Renee
06-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Victoria make sure if you are a fisherman that it is different from your normal tackle box. It could make for a moment if you are out with your buddies on the lake and pull out the box for that perfect lure and pull out a bottle of foundation or a tube of lipstick.
lol that would be a hoot, I'm a flyfisher, I would be more likely to accidently grab one of her clutch purses. They are about the size and colour of my fly boxes.

As for the rest of my stuff, it is in my closet and dresser. Slowly the girl clothes are taking over. No more hiding it is what it is.

Carissa
06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
I picked up a makeup box from walmart for around $20. It has six foldout trays (I use them for lipstick (x2), eyeshadow, blush, lip-liners, and mascaras. The bottom is for larger items like foundations, powders, brushes, nail gloss, or anything else that I can stuff in there.

The time is coming, however, for me to think of a new solution, as it's quite full! :o

thechic
06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
a medium sized wicker basket and in the bathroom

tinalynn
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Clothes are on hangers in an upstairs closet. Makeup lives in my purse, since I don't use very much of it - and use it rarely, at that.

Eve_WA
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
My makeup is all over the bathroom counter, and my clothes in my main closet. I banished my 'guy' stuff. 'His' clothes to the second bedroom, those that require hangers anyway. Only 'guy' thing in my main closet is the suit I havent worn in 5 years.

tammygirl79
06-25-2010, 10:49 AM
All my makeup is in one of my bathroom drawers but I am actually going shopping either today or tomorrow for a makeup case that I can use for when i go out.

All my dresses are hanging up in my closetbehind my male cloths. My shoes are in my closet on the top shelf in the shoe boxes they came in. My bras & panties are in my dresser draw along with what little male underwear I still own. My pantyhose & female socks are in my male sock dresser drawer. My purses have their own dresser drawer. And I keep my earings, necklaces & other jewelry in my vanity case that sits on top of my dresser.