PDA

View Full Version : Suprise!!! The about floored me.

boardpuppy
06-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi Girls,
I had to wait...I just had to tell someone what happened. Let me set the stage a little. When I came out to the SO, she was needless to say a little upset. She had the normal questions but nothing else was really said about boundries except she didn't want to see me dressed. I have been underdressing 24/7 for more than a year know. To find out where I stood with her on the subject, I have started underdressing in front of her. When we were going out and seeing her friends, I could tell if I was pushing it to much.

Tonight, we were watching the tube after dinner and out of the blue she said "I almost got you a set of pink slippers today, what size do you want. I think it would be OK, as I could pass it off as a gag gift." Up to this point I was half asleep, she asked again and I had to do a double take, trying to control my voice, and not jumping up and down because I knew this would Jinks the moment, I gave her my size. Like most women these days, I would trade her off sometimes but then again like tonight she is the best thing on this earth.

Girls, I guess my question to you would be, have any of you had any experiences along these lines. Thanks a bunch.

Hugs,
Alice

SummerJ
06-22-2010, 12:26 AM
yeah, my gf has stated a couple times that she probly wouldn't be comfortable with me dressing around her

but during my trip to HK, she helped me buy hundreds of dollars worth of clothes AND a wig

then again, we havent talked about boundaries for a while, maybe she will open up a little?

boardpuppy
06-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi Summer,
Boundriies if one subject I really don't want to have but only by talking....

If the emplied boundries were expanded a little...well I don't know maybe I would get into trouble and I don't need to squarsh the good feeling etc. that I have going at this time.

Hugs,
Alice

charlotte_sp
06-22-2010, 01:32 AM
If the emplied boundries were expanded a little...well I don't know maybe I would get into trouble and I don't need to squarsh the good feeling etc. that I have going at this time.

I think your intuition is right on this one.
Now would probably be a good time to do something nice for her *hint hint* XD

kym
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Best piece of advice i can give is: let her buy the slippers if shes comfortable with it but after that take it as slow as she wants, the more you rush it and push the issue the worse her reaction will be.

kimdl93
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Many (not all) loving spouses, given time, communication and reassurance can eventually learn to accept, tolerate, and in a few lucky instances, actually enjoy a CD partner. Slippers are a great start!

Nicole Erin
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I am divorced in part due to my being TS. Other things were we didn't agree where to live (state), issues with raising our kid (my biggest problem), and basically we both just wanted our lives back. Peaceful split.

I would think she is mostly trying to accept and keep you happy. I don't know how important all this is, how far you wanna take it.

Yes, your wife really is trying to accept, give her that credit. She might be balancing "I don't like this CD'ing, but I want him to be happy". Just try not to force it on her and things should be fine.

boardpuppy
06-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Thank you girls, some of the advice given is along the lines that I was thinking myself. For starters dinner tomarrow night (no kids) this if an option (dinner not the kids) and the extend is optional also. However there are a couple of movies showing that we both have expressed an interest in seeing. Her choice but we'll see.

I love reading these threads as there is such a wide opinion base I can pick and chose from, thank you again.

Hugs,
Alice

Chickhe
06-23-2010, 03:30 AM
The gag gift comment would have caused me to say no thanks... but it is good gesture of her...doesn't say she is okay with it yet...she is trying to find a positive.

boardpuppy
06-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Thank you girls, (big smile) it makes me feel good to know how much everyone enjoys helping each other through the little things that mean so much to us all.

Hugs,
Alice

Jamie14
06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I only dream of my SO ever saying something along those lines. Afraid to say, I have given up all hope of her ever accepting things..........even though she was receptive when we first started dating..... :(

AKAMichelle
06-23-2010, 08:01 PM
NO but I could handle it - I think. :daydreaming:

linnea
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
We have had some boundary talks. I would accept the offer you received as a positive sign.

Angiemead12
06-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I usually can buy anything I want but since our closet is bursting already I have been suspended from buying any more clothes! :sad:

But once and a while she does buy me something new! especially if its on sale!