PDA

View Full Version : Posting in a female 'voice'

jemima_bates
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi -

I'm Jemima - I'm fairly new here, but have already noticed a really odd thing from the handful of posts I have made.

I've been a cd for about 10yrs, and it's always been a very private thing for me - I think I prefer it that way.

What I've found since I've joined this site is that 'Jemima' already has much more of a personality than she ever did when I simply dressed. Now I'm 'interacting' (however remotely that may be) I already feel Jemima writing as 'me' rather than the male me - if that makes sense??

It's really exciting to feel this construct of a person, who I have known for so many years, finally blossom - to develop more of a personality, with likes and dislikes and tastes and wishes.

Sorry if this is a little navel-gazing for an early post, but I just wanted to know if others here have similar thoughts/feelings.

It's quite intense.

(Does this mean I'm hooked....?!).

Thanks for reading.

Jemima
x

Persephone
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi Jemima!

I think I know what you mean and what you are feeling, and it really is an amazing process. Sometimes it feels like a prisoner who has finally been freed.

Enjoy your freedom! Take wing and soar!

Hugs,
Persephone.

jemima_bates
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Jemima!

I think I know what you mean and what you are feeling, and it really is an amazing process. Sometimes it feels like a prisoner who has finally been freed.

Enjoy your freedom! Take wing and soar!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Hi Persephone (love your name).

Yes - maybe not as strong a release as a 'prisoner', but a real sense of openness and well-being.

Jemima
x

Lexine
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Sometimes I let my girl mode self take over, but for more support-type discussions I tend to lean either way. It's great that you're able to define your girl mode to such detail though! My boy mode and girl mode have distinct characteristics, but none that overpowers the other all too much... but I think it's primarily because I grew up assimilating certain feminine traits and actions as distinctly me rather than pegging it a particular gender that made me think this way. I think it's much better in the long run :)

Yvonne York
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, I think the more we feellike a girl, the more feminine we act both in words and actions.

Amber Chen
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Jemima:
I went to psychotherapy for a few years with a therapist who specialized in TG people...what I learned was to INTEGRATE myself and become more a "Whole" person, not splitting the 'boy' side from the 'girl' side. There are good and bad sides to both. The trick is to emphasize the 'good'.
You will have peace when neither side wants to fight the other.

PretzelGirl
06-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Well Jemima. I think what you are experiencing is the ability to share with like-minded people. I don't know how your last 10 years was, but for me, I never really had anyone to relate to. So for me the floodgates opened once I hit the board. Enjoy it. It is educational and very relaxing.

Kaitlyn Michele
06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I totally relate to what you are saying mimi...

I actually found this site much more intense than even you are saying...i joined this site as crossdressers.com......at the time, i felt i was "uber" crossdressing...lol....i joined here and for the first time ever, i felt like i was being treated and thought of as a woman..this was exhilarating to me...and i got to feel and enjoy my femaleness more and more at this site.......i was also "uber" online shopping on speigel, chadwicks and macys...lol again i feel that it was more about being a woman than the shopping... when i was shopping, i was female, i was myself...and i would post here about all the stuff i did!! I felt female when i did this too

i beleive that during those moments i was more and more accepting myself and ultimately i realized/admitted that i was a woman...at that point, i found that this was the first place where i allowed myself to be a woman...

i think that's pretty cool..i have a real affection and love for this site because of all the growth i experienced....

so i totally get your point......i think we all experience it differently, but we share our femaleness here...no guy would post this mushy note:heehee:

i'm just saying enjoy it, and take advantage of the opportunity to feel thing here that you might not have in your "real" life...like really interacting as mimi...in your female voice!!!

of course for me, i got a little out of control...:heehee:

thanks for a wonderful post..yes it's intense, and yes you are hooked

hopingsecret
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Oddly enough I don't feel that way. There are certain aspects of myself that I let take the fore depending on the post (humorous, contemplative, sympathetic), but I always just feel like me. I don't see myself as having a male side or female in the way I see most people here do. About 10 years ago I tried to develop a more masculine persona as "Shawn" but I eventually just reverted back to Shannon. I am who I am; one messed up mutha (shut yo mouth).

NathalieX66
06-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Trans people seem so much cooler and confident when they talk in their natural octave range, it's everyone else that needs to get used to it.

But in speech patterns, i've observed males tend to emphasize the consonants, while females emphasise the vowels.

jemima_bates
06-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I totally relate to what you are saying mimi...

I actually found this site much more intense than even you are saying...i joined this site as crossdressers.com......at the time, i felt i was "uber" crossdressing...lol....i joined here and for the first time ever, i felt like i was being treated and thought of as a woman..this was exhilarating to me...and i got to feel and enjoy my femaleness more and more at this site.......i was also "uber" online shopping on speigel, chadwicks and macys...lol again i feel that it was more about being a woman than the shopping... when i was shopping, i was female, i was myself...and i would post here about all the stuff i did!! I felt female when i did this too

i beleive that during those moments i was more and more accepting myself and ultimately i realized/admitted that i was a woman...at that point, i found that this was the first place where i allowed myself to be a woman...

i think that's pretty cool..i have a real affection and love for this site because of all the growth i experienced....

so i totally get your point......i think we all experience it differently, but we share our femaleness here...no guy would post this mushy note:heehee:

i'm just saying enjoy it, and take advantage of the opportunity to feel thing here that you might not have in your "real" life...like really interacting as mimi...in your female voice!!!

of course for me, i got a little out of control...:heehee:

thanks for a wonderful post..yes it's intense, and yes you are hooked

Hi Kaitlyn,

That's just it - me complementing girls on their photo's and dresses just wouldn't sound right in 'boy' mode, but Jemima is desperate to!

Thanks for your reply - I'm not sure if this is the start of a big journey for Jemima or what, but we'll see.

J
x