PDA

View Full Version : RLE on steriods

Teri Jean
06-22-2010, 08:52 PM
:doh: How can you make your transition even more fun?:eek:

Every year for the past 20 yrs I have been the person behind the scenes for the training camp of the Minnesota Vikings, Now they have a very good staff that prepares for their camp and it has been a pleasure to know these dedicated people. I work for the facillities department of the Minnesota State University Mankato where they have been coming for their training.

When I started my RLE and transition I really didn't give it a thought but the start of this spring the realization of my oversite has caused some anxiety.:bonk: Then at the Be-All conference I met a sister who transitioned in the sports industry. She basically said go to work like every day as they (players and coaches) are big guys and they can deal.

Satisfied I returned to work and in relaying this conversation our equipment manager tells me the Vikings staff knew last October, litterly a couple weeks after I started my RLE. :eek: One of our coaches spoke with a staff member of the Vikes and the conversation turned to me. The rest is history.:tongueout

So this next month as I set up the training room, weight room and locker room security and privacy for the vikes I will be the lady behind the scenes.:brolleyes:

Teri

CharleneT
06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Hooooorrrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh !!

:cheer: :thumbsup: :cheer: :thumbsup: :cheer: :thumbsup: :cheer:

I'm glad to hear they are respectful folks !

p.s. I photograph a Jazz Fest here every July 4 weekend. Today I got the letter telling me they wanted me back again, and that they assume I want the pass to read "Charlene Txxxxxx" ;) While I did not think there would be a problem, ya never know ...

Traci Elizabeth
06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
That is wonderful news! So are you the reason they have such a terrible record? :lol2:

Marcia Blue
06-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I am so glad to hear things are going your way. Keep us up to date on your adventure.
Hugs,

pamela_a
06-23-2010, 12:26 AM
That's great Terri. I'm so glad to hear that. :hugs:

luvSophia
06-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Well, I have to admit that is one of the biggest event to non-event transition stories I have heard. But it still never ceases to amaze me at how many things get built up in my mind to amazing proportions and then just turn out to be nothing at all. Congrats on your non-event! Hopefully they will keep turning out that way.

Veronica_Jean
06-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Teri,

How exciting to see the lack of excitement! You are just fulfilling the old adage "Behind every great man is a woman", except there is more than one in this case.

Veronica

boardpuppy
06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Terri,
That's wonderful news, at least we have some people who are grown ups and live in the real world. Periodically, I would be interested in nowing how your RLE is progressing.

Hugs,
Alice

LisaM
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Cograts, Teri! It is wonderful to hear stories like yours,

BTW, I like your new avatar!

Schatten Lupus
06-23-2010, 12:27 PM
That is pretty cool. I hope everything works out well for you.

Teri Jean
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow thanks girls and yes it will work out for the best. PENALTY BACK AT THE 50 YRD LINE! Anyway I have shared the thought with some of my co-workers and they have said as much. But in all honesty I value your advice much higher than their's. What do you mean ......... he was off side by a mile! Tackling dumby. Wheeeeew

Anyway thanks again ladies and Pam(?) see you tomorrow night?

Teri

Midnight Skye
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
That is so freaking cool! They're the only football team I ever cheered for! (go vikings!) Or watched for that matter! But seriously, like your friend said just take everything in stroll and don't mind the locker-room chatter. Boys will be boys but at the same time, they're grown mean lawn mowing machines capable of dealing with some feelings. ;)