PDA

View Full Version : So I answer the door...

sandra-leigh
06-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Starting roughly a month ago my wife hasn't minded my wearing "lounge-wear" to bed and around the house. It is black, silk with cotton, goes down to about 5" above the ankle, with slits starting about half way down the upper leg -- and it most definitely looks like a dress (indeed, they advertise it as being suitable to wear out for the evening.) We have someone else living with us and we have attendants coming in every day to help with them; I wear the lounge-dress in plain site until I get ready for work (starting around 11 am.)

I have now been wearing the lounge-dress when I answered the door to the postman, to a couple of parcel delivery people, to a couple of door-to-door spammers, to a couple of charity people...

Today my wife was expecting someone to make a repair to something of hers; the repair person was late and my wife happened to be on the phone when they finally arrived and rang the bell. Thinking nothing of it, I went down and let them in. They've needed various small items since (e.g., Q-tips, WD40); I have interacted with them in my dress. It hasn't been a problem -- and my wife didn't mind what I was wearing either, just thanked me for getting the door.

The events are nothing spectacular, but they surely answer the question, "What if I'm dressed and someone comes to the door?!" with a clear "Duh, go and answer it!" And if it should someday cause one of the door-to-door fanatics (religious or political) to scurry away, it will have been all worth-while :heehee:

Jenna Lynne
06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
This is a nice reminder -- that it's basically okay, nothing to worry about!

That said, a lot depends on your presentation and your level of self-confidence. There's also the question of whether there may be consequences.

If you're renting a house from someone who is of the conservative religious persuasion, and if the person at the door is your landlord, and if you're wearing your Victoria's Secret naughty undies and nothing else ... I would say, don't answer the door.

It's always an adventure, though, isn't it?

Hugs!

*** Jenna ***

(Blogging about gender at jennawillow.wordpress.com)

Teri Jean
06-23-2010, 12:59 PM
A couple years ago I had dressed in a nice skirt and blouse and was watching a favorite show. Well some where in the program I must have lost my concentration and dozed off. Door bell rings and I jumped up to answer it. Here was a co-worker (GG) who had been a freind, rival within the union and now stumping for a candidate on the ticket. She was taken and I stammered.

Today I have no problem answering the door as I am 24-7 but it does make one think, how much do I want to share? It is going to happen someday.

Teri

kimdl93
06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I think if you're SO (if you have one) is OK with dressing at home - to whatever degree one does - then, its your home...dress as you like and don't worry bout how the delivery person or whomever reacts.

sandra-leigh
06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
For me renting is not a problem -- I own the house outright.
We have a fairly high per-capita density of churches, but there is a quite wide variety of them, and at my social level there isn't a pressure to join any of them. If I were less well off then there might be, and if I were (Anubis forfend!) to be headed for political office then I might perhaps get pressure to join something (anything) for the "optics" of it, but I'm middle enough to be left alone.

I've probably walked or bicycled en femme right by some of my co-workers' houses, but my co-workers never stop by to visit me.

Nicole Erin
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
If it is some religous fanatic, just ask them if they have any astro-glide you can borrow. You will never see them in your neighborhood again.

AKAMichelle
06-23-2010, 07:55 PM
In my case the answer would be who was at the door would determine how I felt about being dressed.

geoff352
06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
where did you get your "lounge dress" i want one! :)

sandra-leigh
06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
where did you get your "lounge dress" i want one! :)

Here (http://www.kimallansilk.com/productdetail.php?proid=20&catid=2)... Note that not all colours are still available.

geoff352
06-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Here (http://www.kimallansilk.com/productdetail.php?proid=20&catid=2)... Note that not all colours are still available.

thanks!!!

mykhelee
06-24-2010, 09:33 AM
There I was, all dressed up and waiting for my "date" and the knock at the door came. I swept to the door in my four inch knee boots, fishnets, and sexy club dress, (I was a wee bit smaller back then), opened the door.:eek:
It was a guitar player and his wife coming over to invite me out to see his band. We had known each other for a few months, but not this well!!
I blushed beet red and stammered something about a party and before I could further my foot into my mouth, she brushed my hair out of my eyes and said she figured it out already. I had been to their place a few times, "shaved pits" she said.
It could have been much worse, I now peek outside before opening.

kellgrl66
06-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the website Sandra . I loved the lounge dress so much I ordered on at that price. Hugs