PDA

View Full Version : First time going to a club dressed- question

CDBoiinFLA
06-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello,

I am planning to go out to a few clubs this weekend dressed for the first time. The clubs are all crossdresser friendly and I am extremely excited. However, I do have a question or two for more experienced dressers who have gone to clubs before.

I normally like to dress in skirts and dresses and some of them happen to be pretty short. I was wondering if I should wear long pants or something less risque so that I don't commit any sort of faux paus I am unaware of. If its ok to dress as sexy as you want then that would be great, but I want to make sure I don't start off on the wrong foot.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

StephanieDragg
06-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Dress what you feel comfortable in and what you think look good, if you like short skirts where it, I think most gurls do, sometimes I show up in pant suits or long dress and everyone says dang gurl show off those legs!:hugs:... I think most important though is to wear shoes that you will be comfortable walking around in for a bit! ( that are still sexy!)

AllieSF
06-23-2010, 02:02 PM
It is difficult to really say not knowing the type of clubs that you are going to and your personal style that you want to present. The best way would be to go there in drab first and ask the bartender how everyone dresses for the weekend, guys and gals, and specifically ask if they wear what you are thinking of wearing. You are in Florida it appears, so I would think that something that takes into account the hot and humid weather also should be considered. her in the San Francisco area, the straight clubs for dancing can get pretty sexy and stylish looking, while the gay and lesbian clubs tend to be more jeans and very casual attire. Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

Also, welcome to the forum and I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Katesback
06-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Going to the clubs. Does that mean you will drive there and then sit in the car and run out of guts to actually go inside?

I remember those days quite well. I presume you are going to go to a gay bar since that seems to be the common course that crossdressers take.

I think it is fair to say that you can dress however you wish but more importantly ya might consider trying to dress like REAL women dress for the circumstances that you are in.

Katie

DonnaT
06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Having been to a few CD friendly clubs, if you really look good enfemme, then wearing short skirts will be fine.

But, then again, it depends on how the other gals dress. If everyone dresses more conservatively, then wearing a short skirt will make you stand out and possibly apart from the others.

First visit, wear a respectable length skirt, or if preferred, jeans, and get to know the other gals there.

pernille d
06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
i am going out for the first time this weekend too!!!:)

i took some advice and i have done some homework on where i am going,(a few simple quick e-mails answered my questions) . if you can do some homework ,it will put your mind at ease

what also i have learnt is wear what you feel comfortable and relaxed in.

RozalynLove
06-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Going to the clubs. Does that mean you will drive there and then sit in the car and run out of guts to actually go inside?

I remember those days quite well. I presume you are going to go to a gay bar since that seems to be the common course that crossdressers take.

I think it is fair to say that you can dress however you wish but more importantly ya might consider trying to dress like REAL women dress for the circumstances that you are in.

Katie

I don't really understand why you posted. You weren't at all supportive, you made a presumption that lead to no point being made, and advised someone that dressing as a real women would you was more important that dressing the way they wanted. I understand that you want to be as convincing of a women as possible, but you've got to understand that is a personal preference, and also that there are a lot of real women of all ages who enjoy showing flesh in the appropriate situations, such as night clubs.

abigail43
06-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I believe it is what image of your self you want to put across . do you want people to see you as a novice or a girl who has had some experience you can where a short skirt with out looking ****tish it just really depends on the shoes you where trust me you will need to have a comfortable pair if shoes so do your home work

SuzanneBender
06-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Dress appropriate to the club and in a manner in which you feel comfortable. Comfort breeds confidence and confidence breeds acceptance.

Abigal has a good point make sure you wear shoes that you can handle all night or have a back up pair available and for goodness sake girl make sure the shoes rock the outfit!

Have fun.

Daenna Paz
06-23-2010, 07:36 PM
If its ok to dress as sexy as you want then that would be great, but I want to make sure I don't start off on the wrong foot.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Above all ... HAVE FUN!!! :D

PS A stylish but comfortable pair of shoes does go a long way!

Sammy777
06-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Going to the clubs.
Does that mean you will drive there and then sit in the car and run out of guts to actually go inside? I remember those days quite well.

I presume you are going to go to a gay bar since that seems to be the common course that crossdressers take.

Katie

Wow! Thank You Captain Kill Joy
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last time I checked a "friendly" club doesn't automatically mean a Gay/Lesbian club.

And you know, when you're telling these little stories........
Have a point........It makes it so much more interesting for the listener.

Try cutting the OP a little slack, she is new here after all.

And what ever bad experiences you might have had or not had by spending the night in the parking lot of a bar is not exactly the same as a lot of other people here.

Geez! And I though I was the one with the claws :lol2: :brolleyes:

Now to answer the OP.....
Your wardrobe selection for the night can be solved with a few simple phone calls to the bars you intend to be going to. And if you can't get someone on the phone try googling them, most places have online reviews of some sorts and people will usually describe the setting, vibe and how the crowd was dressed.

Unless these are really upscale places, I would avoid a dress.
But a skirt should not be a problem, just make sure it is not short enough to be confused for a belt. :battingeyelashes:

I hope this post has actually helped you out some. And welcome!

Diane Smith
06-24-2010, 04:09 AM
If you can't wear a short skirt when out clubbing, then what are they good for? It sounds like an ideal opportunity to me.

- Diane

Kate Simmons
06-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Observe the other patrons observing you. That will give you a hint.:)

Raquel June
06-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Don't worry about it. The skankiest thing in your closet probably isn't going to surprise anybody. I'll bet the bartender has some stories for ya...

I used to spend a lot of weekends hanging out at Ohio clubs with a CD friend of mine (also a member of this forum) who wears a lot of skin-tight dresses that barely cover her butt. Never saw a bad reaction at a club, but I did see a lot of gay guys who thought she was awesome. Reactions were a little more mixed when we went to a straight strip club and she was wearing a kinda see-through leotard and assless leather chaps, but that's probably not on your agenda.

I don't really understand why you posted. You weren't at all supportive, you made a presumption that lead to no point being made, and advised someone that dressing as a real women would you was more important that dressing the way they wanted. I understand that you want to be as convincing of a women as possible, but you've got to understand that is a personal preference, and also that there are a lot of real women of all ages who enjoy showing flesh in the appropriate situations, such as night clubs.

So what if Katesback was being a bit sarcastic? You're being a hypocrite yourself for flying off the handle and calling her this obnoxious unsupportive person just because she made a smartass comment about not getting out of the car. I thought it was funny. Hell, I'm fulltime and some days I don't have the guts to get out of the car at Walmart.

And you really don't need to be criticizing someone for suggesting you dress like a "real" woman would dress, either. Going to a club should be about having fun, but it's sad to see everybody calling each other "she" around here, but then you act like someone's a huge A-hole for suggesting having the self-respect to dress like an actual woman with self-respect would dress.

Last time I checked a "friendly" club doesn't automatically mean a Gay/Lesbian club.

Then I think you need to check again, because last time I checked it does.

Maybe you can find some example of a transvestite-welcoming redneck bar somewhere, but well over 99% of "crossdresser friendly" clubs would also be considered gay or "alternative" clubs that likely have a drag show.

donninacd
06-24-2010, 06:11 AM
I went to a club dressed for the first time just about a month ago (in Florida too as it so happens) so I can share my experience. I definitely like the sexy look and wore stilettos, white fishnets and white shorts (now I have a denim mini skirt, but as Charlie Anders in the Lazy Crossdresser, which I'm currently reading points out, the inventor of skorts knew, the difference between shorts and a short skirt is not much). The stilettos were too hard to dance in and I've now bought some boots with block heels that aren't quite so high. I'm pudgy but otherwise have some passable qualities, and got groped and hit on by a few men, and also hit on by some older (I'm 47, so 50s/60s) women. All in all a fun time that makes me want to look even better by losing the weight, and want to be able to dance more by wearing somewhat more conservative shoes. Long story short, the sexy look worked for me, YMMV (your mileage may vary)

If you can't wear a short skirt when out clubbing, then what are they good for? It sounds like an ideal opportunity to me.

Ditto

Jennifer Marie P.
06-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Wear your sexiest short skirt you have all the girls will be wearing sexy skirts.

RozalynLove
06-24-2010, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=Raquel June;2189254]
So what if Katesback was being a bit sarcastic? You're being a hypocrite yourself for flying off the handle and calling her this obnoxious unsupportive person just because she made a smartass comment about not getting out of the car. I thought it was funny. Hell, I'm fulltime and some days I don't have the guts to get out of the car at Walmart.

And you really don't need to be criticizing someone for suggesting you dress like a "real" woman would dress, either. Going to a club should be about having fun, but it's sad to see everybody calling each other "she" around here, but then you act like someone's a huge A-hole for suggesting having the self-respect to dress like an actual woman with self-respect would dress.
---

I fail to see why you would feel the need to defend this person on the grounds that they may not have been being serious. I personally took it as being serious, and if it was not then I'm sure this person is in a better position to let people know they weren't, if they want to.

As for your opinion of me being a hypocrite, I am not trying to be rude, but it's clear you have no understanding of what the word means and so should refrain from using it. I made a post stating that I did not understand why someone had given such an unsupportive, pointless reply to someone asking for advice, and I think you'll see my post was very supportive of the original poster, and also had an obvious point.

Also, the need I felt to criticize the advice to dress as 'real' as possible came from the person giving the advice suggesting this was more important than dressing how you actually want to dress. It also in my opinion shows how narrow minded some of the people here actually are, that they consider how others dress to be 'un-lady like' or consider it to demonstrate a lack of self respect.

As for your reply arguing the 'friendly' club probably being a gay/lesbian club, you are arguing for the sake of it, and since you are very bad at it, you should stop before you look ever sillier. :)

Farrah
06-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Wow!! SOunds like fun...I wish I were going too!! I hope you have a good time!! Tell us about it afterwards...

Jamiegirl1
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Wear the clothes that make you feel the most like a woman in,I usually prefer mini skirts or mini dresses,most other "girls" I have seen are also dressed very sexy!

sandra-leigh
06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Maybe you can find some example of a transvestite-welcoming redneck bar somewhere, but well over 99% of "crossdresser friendly" clubs would also be considered gay or "alternative" clubs that likely have a drag show.

Perhaps it depends on what you mean by "accepting".

This city used to have roughly 7 gay/lesbian clubs and 3 lesbian clubs (who were also fine with MTF cross-dressers I hear). There are now only 2 gay/lesbian clubs left. Not because the population of GBLT dwindled and not because they went out any less, but simply because pretty much everywhere in the city became accepting enough that having a specialized club became redundant.

There aren't any local clubs that the local GBLT have suggested might be unwelcoming. I have spoken to some "exotic dancers" and they have only named one place in the city where the patrons might give me a rough time. That doesn't mean that the staff and patrons at all the other places are going to break out the smiles when I arrive, but "live and let live".

CherryZips
06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Also any half decent fetish club across the world will accept a crossdresser in any outfit.

In fact the more outrageous the better.

And you might find people who understand exactly why you do it.

CDBoiinFLA
06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Thank you for all the informative answers and support. I'm going to do a little online research and maybe make a call or two, but if I can't find anything definitive I'm going to wear what makes me feel most comfortable and sexy.

Also, thanks to everyone that recommended comfortable shoes, I have changed the shoes I was planning on wearing thanks to that advice.

I appreciate everyone making me feel welcome!

Sammy777
06-24-2010, 03:28 PM

Then I think you need to check again, because last time I checked it does.

Call me crazy or just lucky, but don't call me Shirley, lol.

So far I have yet to have a single problem at any bar/club I've been out to, and no, they were not all gay, lesbian or alternative places but "mainstream" places.

So either my statement is still correct.......... or

So I guess when I look into the mirror before leaving,
I'm just not seeing the super cute 100% girl, so deff not a TS person that everybody else must be seeing when I'm out.

PS: I do have to agree with one thing you said.

I tend to steer clear of places like:
Billie Bob's Biker Den and Roadhouse Chicken Shack "Home of the Hells' Angels since 1998"
But I think that is just common sense on my part :lol2:

Raquel June
06-24-2010, 04:22 PM
As for your opinion of me being a hypocrite, I am not trying to be rude, but it's clear you have no understanding of what the word means and so should refrain from using it.

My point is that you ARE being rude. You flew off the handle and got extremely rude because you thought someone else was being rude. That is a definitive case of hypocrisy.

Also, the need I felt to criticize the advice to dress as 'real' as possible came from the person giving the advice suggesting this was more important than dressing how you actually want to dress.

You don't even seem to remember what you're complaining about anymore. Katesback said,

"I think it is fair to say that you can dress however you wish..."

Then she somewhat sarcastically said,

"...ya might consider trying to dress like REAL women dress for the circumstances that you are in."

You see that? It doesn't get much clearer. "Dress how you want," followed by a lighthearted, "Ya might consider trying..."

Get a grip on reality already.

It also in my opinion shows how narrow minded some of the people here actually are, that they consider how others dress to be 'un-lady like' or consider it to demonstrate a lack of self respect.

Wow. So you're in total denial about the whole concept that there are ladylike and un-ladylike ways to dress?

I'm no hardcore feminist, but at this point I'm becoming offended by your opinion of what it means to be feminine and the lack of consideration you have for making a mockery of women.

As for your reply arguing the 'friendly' club probably being a gay/lesbian club, you are arguing for the sake of it, and since you are very bad at it, you should stop before you look ever sillier. :)

Really? You're the one suggesting that it is totally unnecessary to try to dress like a GG would at the club you're going to. If that's your mindset, you'd better stick to an very friendly gay club.

You're basically telling people to throw on a wig and a ****ty outfit from Goodwill and stroll right into TGI Friday's if they want. While I know people who do that sort of thing (I've done it myself), it's terrible advice for someone who wants to be accepted.

If you're going to tell people it's OK to dress ridiculously and be a joke, at least have the sanity to go along with the conventional wisdom that this should be kept to gay clubs where the drag queens are also dressing ridiculously and being a joke.

I'm not too offended by you saying I look silly. I wish I could say you were being silly, but you're being arrogant and naive. Do you even go out in public? If you did, I don't see how you can give such absurd advice.

Call me crazy or just lucky, but don't call me Shirley, lol.

So far I have yet to have a single problem at any bar/club I've been out to, and no, they were not all gay, lesbian or alternative places but "mainstream" places.

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Like Sandra-leigh said, I suppose it depends on your definition of accepting. I go to straight places all the time dressed like a woman, and I haven't been beat up, but I do notice the occasional whispering. I've been to some pretty redneck-ish places with some pretty obvious crossdressers, and then I've noticed some pretty mean looks. But things have never gone too badly,

I guess when I think "accepting" of crossdressers, I mean almost everybody is going to be friendly to someone who is an obvious crossdresser who may be dressed in a terrible or particularly skanky outfit.

And just because most accepting places would be considered gay clubs definitely doesn't mean all gay clubs are accepting. Although it really depends on the individuals at the club. You can run into obnoxious people anywhere.

Lorileah
06-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Crossdresser club...short skirt? nah that will never fly ;)

These clubs cater to the high heel short skirt crowd so wear what you like.

Now, you do have to get there and back home, you might consider what if's there. In the clubs I have been to (maybe 5or 6 or 10 or something) you can change in the restroom to a shorter model.

tammygirl79
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I hear ya girl. I am a Florida girl myself who also is going out for the first time this weekend enfemme. I am going to a gay resort that is in the area. Though i can't tell you from experiance what to wear since Saturday will be my first time, I will tell you what I plan on wearing myself....I plan on wearing either my black cocktail, or black club dress. Both of them are very short but I think they are very flattering on me, and make me look sexy without looking ****ty.

My thoughts are, if the dress is what I feel more confident & comfortable in....then that is what I should wear. If someone thinks that it's too short, or too long, too revealing, or not revealing enough....or whatever.....then too bad. :)

Good luck with your first outing sweetie, I'm right there with ya...lol. ;)

RozalynLove
06-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Raquel June, you are beginning to annoy me now, I understand that you are of low intelligence and so am willing to break down your arguments point by point one more time, but after that I will not be indulging you in the drama you've obviously craved since your first post here. I'll have my opinion, you'll have yours', and everyone who reads the post will be able to form theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozalynLove View Post
As for your opinion of me being a hypocrite, I am not trying to be rude, but it's clear you have no understanding of what the word means and so should refrain from using it.
My point is that you ARE being rude. You flew off the handle and got extremely rude because you thought someone else was being rude. That is a definitive case of hypocrisy.

You seem to have forgotten your point, let me quote it in to remind you.

So what if Katesback was being a bit sarcastic? You're being a hypocrite yourself for flying off the handle and calling her this obnoxious unsupportive person just because she made a smartass comment about not getting out of the car.

As you can see you made no mention of my being rude, but let's just assume you were thinking it and deal with me being a hypocrite under those circumstances. What you said is a matter of opinion, and you can interpret what I said as being rude. Although, I'm sure if you read it again in the quote below, you'll see it was a genuine statement, which was presented in a civil manner, with me saying I understand why they feel that way, but that it is a personal preference and that they don't need to impose it on other people. :)

Your next point...

Also, the need I felt to criticize the advice to dress as 'real' as possible came from the person giving the advice suggesting this was more important than dressing how you actually want to dress.
You don't even seem to remember what you're complaining about anymore. Katesback said,

"I think it is fair to say that you can dress however you wish..."

Then she somewhat sarcastically said,

"...ya might consider trying to dress like REAL women dress for the circumstances that you are in."

You see that? It doesn't get much clearer. "Dress how you want," followed by a lighthearted, "Ya might consider trying..."

Get a grip on reality already.

I'm afraid it's you that has ignored what I was complaining about in an attempt to rush in and prove me wrong. What I was complaining about was the post being un-supportive, making assumptions that lead to no point, and trying to argue that dressing as a 'real' women would is more important than dressing how you want. It's just that you missed out the 'more important' bit in your quotes, as it made your argument flawed, here, let me quote what it actually said.

Your next misunderstanding was...

It also in my opinion shows how narrow minded some of the people here actually are, that they consider how others dress to be 'un-lady like' or consider it to demonstrate a lack of self respect.
Wow. So you're in total denial about the whole concept that there are ladylike and un-ladylike ways to dress?

I'm no hardcore feminist, but at this point I'm becoming offended by your opinion of what it means to be feminine and the lack of consideration you have for making a mockery of women.

No darling, I am not in total denial about 'the whole concept that there are ladylike and un-ladyike ways to dress, but what you don't seem to understand is that these things are a matter of opinion. If you feel like more of a lady when you dress a certain way, then by all means dress that way, but don't degrade someone else just because their opinion on it is different from yours.

The part about getting offended by my opinion on what it means to be feminine, and my apparent mockery of women gave me a little bit of a chuckle when I first read it, but now that I'm writing the reply I am actually a little bit worried about your mental health and encourage you to speak to a professional.

Yet more misunderstandings.. Or perhaps you just dilliberty misinterpret for the sake of getting an argument, either way you look pretty silly.

As for your reply arguing the 'friendly' club probably being a gay/lesbian club, you are arguing for the sake of it, and since you are very bad at it, you should stop before you look ever sillier.
Really? You're the one suggesting that it is totally unnecessary to try to dress like a GG would at the club you're going to. If that's your mindset, you'd better stick to an very friendly gay club.

You're basically telling people to throw on a wig and a ****ty outfit from Goodwill and stroll right into TGI Friday's if they want. While I know people who do that sort of thing (I've done it myself), it's terrible advice for someone who wants to be accepted.

If you're going to tell people it's OK to dress ridiculously and be a joke, at least have the sanity to go along with the conventional wisdom that this should be kept to gay clubs where the drag queens are also dressing ridiculously and being a joke.

I'm not too offended by you saying I look silly. I wish I could say you were being silly, but you're being arrogant and naive. Do you even go out in public? If you did, I don't see how you can give such absurd advice.

I'm the one suggesting a 'GG' would dress however she liked at the club, and that the original poster can too, and also that they can do so without being thought of as un-lady like by open mined, non-judgmental people. :)

I do advise people to do what they want, however I don't think anyone in their right mind would actually consider doing that in TGI Fridays.

Yes! I am telling people that it's okay to do what you want, as long as it doesn't harm anyone, regardless of all the judgmental people who may think of you as a joke or are ridiculous looking, as long as you are happy! People who judge others like that in my opinion are usually pretty miserable inside themselves, but I think your lack of empathy for people who could very well be in the exact same situation as you, all because they dress in a way you don't find appropriate is sickening.

You shouldn't be offended by me saying you look silly, you do. You have once again used words you clearly have no grasp on, arrogant and naive. An example of arrogance would be your thinking that your opinion of acceptable dress code is more important or valid than mine. Examples of naive can be seen in every one of your arguments so far. It's just that you have the TGI Friday remark fresh on your mind and so are implying that is now the advice I am giving. Either that or you consider telling someone to do what they want as long as they harm no one else to be absurd advice, but I really hope that isn't the case.

I'm glad that's over with, and although I'm sure you'll reply with feeble, straw man arguments as per your glass ceiling, I've had enough of that kind of conversation, and would rather spend the time having a more pleasant one with someone else - Goodbye Raquel June!

Katesback
06-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Ok so ummm the internet is not exactly the best way to convey ones thoughts. That said I belive my words were pretty clear. Now like many from the past that have challenged me I am more than willing to offer you my phone number and you can call me and for one find out I am quite real and two get a very clear understanding of my message.

I cannot say that any of my challengers have taken me up on the phone call but most assuridly if you want it just pm me.

Katie

RozalynLove
06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
The internet is actually an amazing way of communicating when it comes to a debate, it is not the type of thing that requires emotional involvement, and with text there is an exact record of everything that has been said, which is important when arguing with someone like yourself, who would rather lie about what was said in order to be right. You are being ridiculous offering to carry this on over a telephone, I understand that you are a real person already! I also understand your message very well already, and that it's you're a narrow minded, judgmental bigot with low self esteem and a possible anger management problem. That just isn't the kind of person I want to talk to on the phone! :straightface:

Katesback
06-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Well to discuss the topic any further would simply bring about the moderators and the big old delete. As I said you are welcome to PM me and we can have a little chat but unfortunately I doubt that will ever happen.

Bigot, narrow minded, low self esteem, possible anger management? lol that's entertaining, thank you for having the ability to gather such insights from a simple text document. They are at least entertaining to the readers.
As always the door is open.

Katie

CherryZips
06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I feel sorry for the OP who is new.

I think the best advice purely on the grounds of personal safety and reputation is its best to blend in with your age and what other GGs are wearing at the venue.

If you want to go out in something wilder, and there is nothing wrong with that, save it for the appropriate clubs.

And remember to have fun.
We all wish you the best.

AriannaVillota
06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Way to completely hijack the thread guys. Go argue in PM.

As for the OP (original poster, if she doesn't know =) ), it depends on the amount of attention you want to attract. A short skirt and heels will garner a lot more attention than a cute pair of jeans and heels. Honestly, go in what you are comfortable and feel confident in. If you have a sexy pair of gams and want to show them off, do so. If you are less confident and just want the experience, maybe not. IMHO, I would pick the outfit you feel the most attractive in and wear that. Hope this helps. =)

anabelle
06-25-2010, 01:34 AM
I am shy, so I don't go to the clubs much dressed, but if I did....and god I want to, there are 2 factors that would determine my dress.

1.) Is it appropriate to the club. Dance, bar, casual, etc? You don't want to goto a chic club downtown in a cowgirl outfit, also don't want to go to a dive bar in a sequin dress. I, personally, dream about passing. Part of that is trying to look like "any other girl" in there...hence, gotta dress the way they would.

2.) What are you trying to do...if it is a chic style club, but you are looking to impress...not just test a first night out with some friends...you may want to dress a bit sexy/edgy. Again though, nothing crazy. If you just want to experience the club but not draw much attention, perhaps something more casual or less noticeable is appropriate.

RozalynLove
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Well to discuss the topic any further would simply bring about the moderators and the big old delete. As I said you are welcome to PM me and we can have a little chat but unfortunately I doubt that will ever happen.

Bigot, narrow minded, low self esteem, possible anger management? lol that's entertaining, thank you for having the ability to gather such insights from a simple text document. They are at least entertaining to the readers.
As always the door is open.

Katie

No, it will not ever happen as I feel like you provided the best arguments you possible could have already, and I explained with great ease how none of them made sense. I am however happy to draw more attention to this thread by posting again, highlighting to even more people what a silly you really are! I don't see why being a narrow minded bigot with low self esteem and a possible anger management problem is amusing to you, but yes I was able to tell you were all of these things from what you wrote, and I'll quote in the specifics for justification. :)

This shows that you are narrow minded as to the definition of a lady, believing that if someone does not have the exact same opinion on acceptable attire as you, you consider them to be un-ladylike. So, you're narrow minded in that sense, you probably are in a lot more!

This shows that you are a bigot, who is totally intolerant to opinions that differ from your own. It also shows that you are hyper-sensitive to even strangers opinions, getting offended when they give theirs, suggesting to me that you either have an anger management problem or are a complete cry baby.

The low self esteem assumption comes from the fact that you are a narrow minded bigot that puts people with different opinions down, in an attempt to convince yourself you are much more of a lady than the people you're degrading, and so making you feel better about yourself.

That is all. :)

EDIT:
Just realized the person replying had changed aha, silly me! I don't think you are a narrow minded bigot with low self esteem or a possible anger management problem, Raquel June definitely is though. What you are is an unsupportive, pessimist who thinks people trying to dress as 'real' women would dress is more important than people dressing how they want. Which to me, makes you a narrow minded bigot, who has to degrade other people to feel better, hinting low self esteem. You are right though, no hint of an anger management problem from you.

SophiaGirl
06-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Anyway yeah! Were the sexiest skirt you have. Hell, wear a garter belt and make sure you can see the straps! I went as a schoolgirl last Halloween and there were 3 other school girls and they were totally jealous of my legs (and garter). So show off what you have!

<-- I looked like my avatar. :)

BTW where in Fl are you from?

CDBoiinFLA
06-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the advice! I am getting more and more excited about it! I am from Tallahassee

tammygirl79
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the advice! I am getting more and more excited about it! I am from Tallahassee
Too bad we didn't live closer together sweetie. I live in the Tampa Bay area myself. Like I said earlier, I am going out to a club for the first time tomorrow.....if we lived closer together we could go out together, be each others support...lol.

Good luck and more importantly....have fun girl! And make sure you let us know how it went...take some pictures :)

Nigella
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Due to the inconsiderate actions of some contributors of this thread the orginal topic is getting lost. The contributions of these members should have been done by PM, this is especially inconsiderate as the OP is a new member and it does not offer the support this forum is for.

I am leaving the thread open, anymore actions such as this will result in it being closed and possible warnings being given to those members who have spoilt the thread.

Remember, please, this is a support forum, whilst we don't all necessarily agree with opinions of others, they should be respected and not pulled to pieces on an open forum.

nikkijo
06-25-2010, 11:04 AM
some clubs have a theme each night, so it may be a good thing to call and see what is going on because i know a girly girl outfit wouldnt fly to well if it were a gothic night so a bit of research on your part is needed, but it doesnt have to be over the top either especially if you are just venturing out..

RozalynLove
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I think that it's just wonderful that you both have gotten to the stage where you feel comfortable going outside! I know that dressing in private is a lot of fun too, but sometimes it feels like you're 'all dressed up with no where to go', and that can get a little depressing! You should be really excited, it sounds like it could be an amazing time, but you should also be really proud of yourselves for having the self confidence to express your individuality!

Jorja
06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
While it seems I only get out to the clubs on special occasions now days, I have learned over the years if it is a new club to me, to first call or email ahead and ask what the usual dress is like. Also as mentioned many clubs have theme nights. So you may want to try to dress accordingly. Otherwise, wear what you are comfortable in with comfortable shoes. Relax, Breath, and have a wonderful time :kiss: