PDA

View Full Version : How about a photoshop makeover?

Katesback
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Not long ago I got photoshop and since then I have been teaching myself how to use what is a shocking program!

Want to take off 30 years?

How about appear dramatically different?

How about putting your face on some elses body?

How about putting your picture into another photo?

This morning I did some work on a picture of a girl that I plan to use in a palm card. Here you can see the before and then with the changes. I am not totally satisfied with the results (still learning) but I did give her new eyes and a got rid of the wrinkles.

Perhaps some of you might wish to try out photoshop with your pictures and feminize them a bit!

Sheila
06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Perhaps some of you might wish to try out photoshop with your pictures and feminize them a bit!

A lot of folks on here already do Kate :D

EllieOPKS
06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
That's pretty cool! Is there a "lite" version of photoshop? I would like to learn how to use it.

Katesback
06-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Thats a good question. I just got the program a few weeks ago. It is what I can determine quite involved and takes some time to learn. But wow the things you can do are amayzing.

I suspect there are simpler programs out there that allow people to do some changes that are less involved than photoshop.

I simple wanted to share with ya what this program can do.

CharleneT
06-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Nicely done !!

PS is an amazingly powerful program - hence why they can get so much $$ for it :eek: If you haven't tried these, a quick suggestion for making your work easier: use separate "layers" for all changes. Go ahead and make a layer for each major change, especially including color balancing. Makes it easier to go back and "change your mind" about what you have done. As well, the transparency slider is great for fine tuning your changes.

Jenna Lynne
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
That's pretty cool! Is there a "lite" version of photoshop? I would like to learn how to use it.
You can download GIMP for free. It's cross-platform (Windows or Mac). It's not as powerful as Photoshop, but it's about as powerful as Photoshop was 10 years ago, which is saying a lot. I haven't tried photo retouching with GIMP, but I'm going to rush off and try it right now.

If only I could take it with me when I go out! "Don't look at me, please! Look at the photos!"

*** Jenna ***

Katesback
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes I did figure out layers and some of that. I did some retouching of some of my own photos but for the most part have used it at work to make logos and such.

I think that for a trans person the program offers some amayzing abilities to project what they would look like with facial changes or makeup changes and all that.

Presh GG
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I've seen some amazing PS makovers, Just wish I could turn back the clock for real :daydreaming:

Thanks Kate!
Presh GG

ReineD
06-23-2010, 03:36 PM

The latest version of Adobe Photoshop is CS5. It comes bundled with other graphic software at a hefty price. The standalone version retails for $699 on Adobe, but you can get it cheaper on other sites. There are further discounts for the educational versions. It costs even less if you get prior versions. It is a professional application, but as Sheila says, lots of people use it. Non-professionals just don't use it to its full functionality.

If you're only interested in editing digital pictures, you can get Photoshop Elements 8, the latest version, for $80. Again, teacher & student discounts or older versions are less expensive.

Ms. Emily
06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
I've tried it before but I can't seem to use it without making it look obvious that I touched it up. I probably just need to get a book or a video on it or something.

Stephanie Miller
06-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Here's a hint Kate... don't play around with it on your own body. When I first started using it, I did. Thought it was fun for a while, but you get real depressed quick when you start looking at what you think you "should" or "want" to look like. I stopped that a long, long time ago and now just have fun with the backrounds a little. In my album I have some that I did that are obvious. ( You know the ones. Me with Pres. Bush. Me on a yacht. Me with Oprah etc..) If I feel I need smaller waist - I diet. If my hairs a mess - curl it. If I see too many wrinkles I..... well I cry :cry:. But that's life.
But all in all it really is a great program. Have fun.

busker
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Probably for the average user, Photoshop Elements 8 is a very good buy. Costco often has coupons (if you happen to be a member) so you can get it for 50$--it is definitely worth it. It has two modes and the edit mode features many of the things that can be done in Photoshop CS5 the big brother(very expensive). The other options are Paint Shop Pro which is very close to PS CS but considerably less cost, and Corel Photo Paint which is also very good and less expensive. They can all do more that most people would want and sometines the learning curve is just too steep for minor adjustments. I have and use them all but I find I do a lot of stuff in PS Elements and the panorama creator blows me away.

Tina B.
06-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Elements are OK, but I find Photo shop the best. even an older version beats most other programs that I've tried. But to get the full advantage of the program a course in it helps a lot, or join a photo shop club, there out there.
nice job on the before and after, but you need to smooth out around the eyes a bit more, In can still see where you cut them in especially on the right side of the photo.
Have fun with it, it has great features in it.
Tina B.

Julogden
06-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Once you have full-blast Photoshop, you can upgrade for a lot less than full price when a new version comes out. I had CS2 and just recently upgraded to CS5 for $199. I originally got full CS2 by upgrading from Photoshop Elements for $300.

Carol