PDA

View Full Version : Girls in Office

AKAMichelle
06-23-2010, 07:45 PM
This week I am working in a client's office. I sit in a big room with 4 women all day. They talk about a lot of issues and many of them I know the answers. Today we were talking about movies and SATC2 came up. They said their husbands and boyfriends wouldn't be caught dead in that movie. I told them that I hadn't seen it yet, but wanted to this weekend. That sparked their antennaes. But what really did was the comment that I liked this woman's Kathy Van Zeeland purse. I think that is what did it because I mentioned who made the purse. They looked really puzzled. The reason I noticed the purse was because it was very similar to one I own.

You add in the fact that my arms are shaved and ears pierced and I might be broadcasting too much.

That is 2 feet in mouth for me today. :D

Kathi Lake
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Busteeeeeeed!

:)

Kathi

Cassandra Lynn
06-23-2010, 10:52 PM
A little ranch sauce or salsa helps!
Then again, foot is better than crow.
mj (Cassie)

goofus
06-24-2010, 12:27 AM
So come out to 'em...what the hell? Women are very accepting of us, as long as we're not interested in pursuing a relationship :)

AKAMichelle
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
The reason I don't come out is they are closely connected to 300 other clients. That equals my whole business and now partners. The last thing I need is partners catching wind of this. I almost did tell one of them yesterday, but I thought better of it.

This trip did teach me one thing about how integrated my feminine side has become. I think of it as normal and don't think about it, but others view it differently.

Yes - Kathi I think I was busted. The looks were a little too questioning about things. All I have to do is mention one more thing and dots will connect automatically. :D

joann426
06-24-2010, 07:52 AM
really who cares ill tell every one

Teri Jean
06-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Yep you are so busted, toast, fried and weeeeeeeeeeell, yes they know. Now what kind of purse are we looking at? I need to pick up a clutch for this weekend. Teri

BRANDYJ
06-24-2010, 08:26 AM
really who cares ill tell every one

Glad that is an option for you, if you can and will tell them. It could be the end of a job, a career or end of a business relationship for others. Not a smart idea unless you have other employment options or are retired.

mykhelee
06-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Coming out always carries some form of a price.

When I came out as a Pagan a few of my Christian friends would no longer associate with me. When I came out as bi a few of my heterosexual friends drifted away. A real mixed bag of reactions concerning dressing, gay male crowd most aghast!

What if one of those few who is really bothered by dressing is someone you come out to?
What if that someone has a position of influence within your field of businesss?
My coming out as a Pagan cost me a job, that is still legal here in Michigan. As an at will state you can be let go for any reason at any time.

So be very careful, having both ears pierced is not as much of a "broadcast" as it used to be. Far different to suspect than have proof!!
Peace

Chickhe
06-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Ya, its stupid, isn't it... every club has its secret handshake and secret exclusion rules. Don't be surprised if they get together for lunch and form a plan to test you.

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I certainly hope that this doesn't cause problems for you professionally. Do your usual good work and things should be ok.

kellgrl66
06-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Oops busted but not dead. Like to see that purse too lol

DonnaT
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm sure it has put questions on their minds, but I doubt these questions have anything to do with CDing or being trans.

amots49
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
what's SATC2?

celeste26
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Sex and the City 2 not that i've seen it just google the letters and that what comes up

Tasha McIntyre
06-24-2010, 04:43 PM
No busted yet but......

Don't be surprised if they get together for lunch and form a plan to test you.

This was exactly what I was thinking. I think you can expect a few questions soon? Good luck with that.

Tash :)

Lorileah
06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Michelle, I see through your plan. Suave, cool, empathetic, with an eye for fashion and well versed in chick flicks.....uh huh I see right through that plan (right now they are discussing all the above and saying...why can't I find someone like that ?)

lacie
06-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Well are you married? If so do they know you are? If you are then maybe the comments could of been taken completely differently. Meaning that your wife influences you to watch chick flicks and shop with her for purses...If your not then I'd definitley say you got all of their wheels turning and they will be questioning things as well as watching you closely. If your worried about them finding out for professional reasons then I would tell them soon that you and your buddies are planning a deer hunting trip in the fall.:) Best of luck!

t-girlxsophie
06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
things will never be the same for you now Michelle.When i told the girls at work it was one of the best decisions I ever made.they have been nothing but supportive to me.indeed i have become like a best friend to some,one girl in particular sees me as someone to confide in.I know it may not be possible in everyones case but If its something you feel you wanna do I think you should go for it :hugs: sophie

AKAMichelle
06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Michelle, I see through your plan. Suave, cool, empathetic, with an eye for fashion and well versed in chick flicks.....uh huh I see right through that plan (right now they are discussing all the above and saying...why can't I find someone like that ?)

I hope they haven't caught on yet. :devil: maybe and maybe not this is a warmup for the real test coming soon.

I think I added to the questions today because the same woman had some pretty shoes on. We talked about her slides making that clicking sound. Then it just slipped out - Kitten Heels. I don't know why I said it but I did. I love those kind of shoes and that was it. I am going to have to keep my mouth shut. I am up to my knees now. :D I am so use to working out of my house that I just don't know how to behave in an office anymore. Must shut up!

Andy66
06-25-2010, 12:43 AM
They probably just think you're gay.

sometimes_miss
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Ya, its stupid, isn't it... every club has its secret handshake and secret exclusion rules. Don't be surprised if they get together for lunch and form a plan to test you.

Back when I thought I was perhaps a TS, I started reading girl magazines, and trying to learn to sit like a girl. Some of the women at work picked up on it. One day when we were sitting alone, one of them came over, put her hand on my shoulder, and asked me very nicely, very compassionately if I would like the panties in one of the advertisements in the magazine. At that age, I was mortified that anyone would know about me, and just said I liked looking at the pictures of the girls. Today, I'd jump at the chance. Sometimes opportunity only knocks once.

eluuzion
06-25-2010, 02:54 AM
"The ravens all seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."

:love:

AKAMichelle
06-25-2010, 07:40 AM
I have been married for 25+ years and going through a divorce. So they possibly think I got all of this information while married. I just have to watch it before the final light bulb goes off and the dots and stars align.

Jenny Doolittle
06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
I think "Happily Busted" :D

AKAMichelle
06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I have been going out to lunch with the office manager everyday while I was here. During that time, we would talk about office related topics. Today she brought her 2 girls and we all went out to lunch. The funny thing is that somehow I was joking that I could be an imposter and really a woman. I don't remember how it happened, but they wanted to call me Emily. So I corrected them jokingly that my name was Michelle. After we got back to the office, the girls came over to give me a hug and tell me they enjoyed going to lunch with me. The youngest (8 year old) hugged me and said in front of everyone - Thanks and Bye Michelle. My client (boss) was standing there and he had this look like something didn't make sense. I told him that he had to be there. :D

flatlander_48
06-26-2010, 08:08 AM
I hope they haven't caught on yet.

Sorry, it is too later. You have already displayed your Freudian Slip...

carrie-ann
06-26-2010, 09:01 AM
That's funny I kinda did the same thing. More and more often I couldn't keep my mouth shut. That's what's so great about being full time! I don't have any more opp's LOL!

linnea
06-26-2010, 09:36 AM
I know what you mean, Michelle. I have to be careful about noticing fashion, make-up, accessories lest I give away a little too much. And occasionally I put on my make-up (I often wear a very light touch of mascara) a little too heavily and someone notices. That happened yesterday with mascara; a female co-worker noticed that I was wearing it. Lucky for me that I have been involved in theater productions, so I just said that I was preparing for one--which is true--and said that I sometimes don't get all of the make-up off. If she knew the color and style of panties that I was wearing that day, she might not have bought the theater story--lol!