PDA

View Full Version : Do you over-shop?

juno
06-23-2010, 07:56 PM
It is common for men to complain that women buy things they don't need. Shopping for women's clothes, I realize that it is easy to do. There is a huge variety for women, so you see something cute and buy it. A long time later, you realize it still has the label on it.

Maybe it is just impulse buying. Men impulse shop as well, just not for clothes. So, I think it relates more to the variety of women's clothes rather than just shopping like a female.

J.

Billijo49504
06-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Guilty as charged.:eek: I get in the mood, I can drop a bundle at LB. Maybe That's why I have over a drawer full of panties and over adrawer full of bras. My closet is full and I have my own rack upstairs. Then when I get to guns and ham radio, well. The credit card companies likes me...BJ

giuseppina
06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Not guilty! :) I have to content myself with window shopping for now.

linnea
06-23-2010, 08:15 PM
It's much easier and more appealing for me to shop and shop and shop and also buy and buy in my female mode than it is for me in the male mode. It think that variety has something to do with it, and there's a lot of fun about putting together outfits and combinations, and finding bargains (because of pricing on women's clothes, I think that there is more of a fun game in this than there is for men; you know, the 20% off plus the coupon plus the in-store special price and the extra reduction if you buy two, etc.).

Terri Andrews
06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Guilty ,
I love to shop and shopping is part of being a girl .
I seldom buy men`s clothes ,but when forced to I always let "Terri" buy them .

sissystephanie
06-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Can a Crossdresser OVER-SHOP?? I would not think it possible!!:heehee:

Angiemead12
06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Ive been more controlled now, but I still do splurge once and a while!!!

monalisa
06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I love to shop and sometimes buy 2 of the same item if its cute and on clearance. I probably need counseling for overshopaphobia.

RADER
06-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Charge It!
That's me on line, Sometimes buying more than I should; O' The catalogs
are fun way to shop. Rader :daydreaming:

AllieSF
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
I think that it really depends on who is looking at it. From a third party's point of view, I probably over shop. However, from my point of view, and remember that I am closer to the subject than that independent third party, I definitely under shop. Go figure!

rocketscientist
06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
This seems to be ALL that I do anymore! Every evening after work I go look for shoes and sexy feminine tops and cute little skirts and bracelets, earrings, necklaces.... Oh Crap!:heehee: I am getting excited just thinking about the next killer buy on the hottest little heels I can find. Whoa Nellie! Whoa! I really need some help. I bought 2 new heels tonight!:eek: Is there a pill or something I can take to dissipate the Pink Fog? At least for a little while. Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

Karinsamatha
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I can't help it - So many choices shoes, clothes, and jewlery! Well you all know the slippery slope buy one item and it always leads to more!:)

Tina B.
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I have way more clothes than I need, skirts and blouses that I have not worn but once, in over a year, but whats a girl to do. You find a skirt that is so cute you have to have it, just to get home and find you have nothing to wear with it.
Back to the mall, and find two tops, but then one of them doesn't work with anything, back to the............. well you get the idea!
Tina B.

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
I am fairly restrained, but I have to admit, my closet has more women's clothes than mens...

kellgrl66
06-24-2010, 10:01 AM
No control. Even when shopping for male stuff I come home with one or two items and a bundle of girlie clothes and assesories. The shoe dept is like a magnate and jewelry and fashions are just as bad. I can spend hours at the mall just looking and braking my bank account. I do tend to shop en femme tho and might be the problem.

Girl
06-24-2010, 09:14 PM
All the time! I love shopping for clothes, shoes, bags, make-up... :battingeyelashes:

StaceyJane
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
I love shopping for Stacey. I really need some new guy clothes but that's no fun.

donninacd
06-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I did once, until I over-dropped :tongueout

suchacutie
06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
So, I don't actually spend more money than I can...but

I am always...and do mean constantly...looking. Catelogs...omg we get pounds of them a day! And in a store? I can't help looking at least at jeans! I can't walk past Payless...

It really is terrible!

:)

tina

Lover girl
06-24-2010, 09:49 PM
This seems to be ALL that I do anymore! Every evening after work I go look for shoes and sexy feminine tops and cute little skirts and bracelets, earrings, necklaces.... Oh Crap!:heehee: I am getting excited just thinking about the next killer buy on the hottest little heels I can find. Whoa Nellie! Whoa! I really need some help. I bought 2 new heels tonight!:eek: Is there a pill or something I can take to dissipate the Pink Fog? At least for a little while. Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

I think Tonya and I share the same problem!!! If we do need to seek consuling maybe we can go together!!! You know 2 for the price of 1. I have no more room in my closets and dresser drawers and shoe racks are all full and over flowing!!! I guess I will have to get rid of more male cloths to make room. Help us please!!!!:drink::drink::daydreaming:

sometimes_miss
06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
I used to; bought so many beautiful things on impulse, because of how they look on the model in the catalog, even though knowing that there was no way I would fit into any of it [I]at the moment[I](deluding myself that I would keep it until I lost enough weight so I could fit into it; if I lost that much weight, I'd be dead). Now I just buy way more than the number of items I currently need, basically because unlike men's dress shirts, a woman's 26W top in a particular pretty design, probably will sell out quick and may never be seen again. So, I buy several. Of each design. In each color. Same with underwear; once I found a bra that fit perfectly, I got five white, five pink, five blue. Panties that match? Yup, a bunch of each color. The elastic will rot away before any of them wear out. But at least I will have what I want to wear. Shoes? Same there; size 16 shoes that fit well are made of unobtanium. I see 'em, I buy in every color (usually only white, black and red, sadly).

rachel_rachel
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
I confess, Yes i'm guilty. I have way too much. Sometimes i can't afford it but mostly i can... I have absolutly no willpower!

Anneliese
06-25-2010, 07:44 AM
I have bought more women's clothing in the last three months than I have bought men's clothing in the last thirty years. 99% has been from thrift stores, and, to be fair, I almost never shop for my male half. However, until I started this most recent dressing phase (although I don't see quitting ever again), I was working down my credit card debt to almost nothing, and that's gone bye-bye. I must reach a point where I stop completely or cut it way down (preferable, obviously), because I really need to get out of debt.

Susancd
06-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Yes I am also guilty as charged.

Loni
06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
it is easy for me to over / under shop.....i have no money right now.:doh:

was hoping to make it to sf on sunday...but work gets in the way. and i would have to buy a pair of shoes to walk around in.
but it would have been nice to have made the parade today (friday) a group i am getting into is marching in southern bell dresses. would love to own one of them...but at $4bills and up.

ellenwannabe
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
well I certainly over-shop as the other day I was trying to put all my short shorts in one place and found out I have about 17-20 pair - I just love them and wear them every day when the weather is warm - also I found I have over 40 pair of new pantyhose that I now seldom wear due to now living 6 months in Fla. and the warmer 6 months in upstate N.Y. - so I guess my answer is a big YES - enjoy - Ellen

TxKimberly
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Guilty as hell myself!

jenna_woods
06-25-2010, 01:47 PM
guilty, I most always over shop wen dressed, its so much a female thing to do.

Tasha McIntyre
06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I definately over shop........but don't really over spend (you know what I mean). That's the result of the fantastic SA's at some of the shops over here. They practically fall over themselves with arm loads of great stuff to try on, making it very easy to come back week after week.

Tash :)