PDA

View Full Version : Knees

celeste26
06-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Who if any have mastered keeping those knees close together when you sit? Since it is one of the biggest give aways for us it seems that there would be more talk about it.

In my case it seems that I am a dead giveaway since it is extremely hard for me to remember and keep those knees together. Very unlady like for me.

Anyone have suggestions for helping to keep them together? besides actual torture?

LisaM
06-24-2010, 09:08 AM
No matter how I am dressed (boy or girl mode) I always sit with my legs crossed. It solves the problem of legs apart.

Anneliese
06-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I too keep my legs crossed no matter what mode I'm in. Have you tried leg-crossing? I've been doing it all my life, but it would seem to be a habit you could learn unless it's too uncomfortable.

mykhelee
06-24-2010, 09:21 AM
My biggest issue is being told I sit like a girl.

ColleenW
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree, keeping the knees together, at least for me, takes a lot of mental effort, especially when I'm trying to sit with both knees and ankles close together, and the plumbing down there doesn't help. Crossing the legs is probably the best answer as long as you don't do it guy mode (you know one ankle over the opposite knee:o)

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Hasn't been a problem for me. When I'm wearing a skirt, I just naturally keep my knees together...even when I'm picking something up off the floor. And, I do tend to sit with my legs crossed.

ColleenW
06-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Hasn't been a problem for me. When I'm wearing a skirt, I just naturally keep my knees together...even when I'm picking something up off the floor. And, I do tend to sit with my legs crossed.

Interestingly enough I've noticed that too, in fact even when I'm wearing slacks I tend to keep my knees together and bend both knees and hips to pick up things from the floor rather than just bending over.

DonnaT
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
It's quite hard for me, even to the point of being painful.

Probably something to do with muscle memory. If that's the case, then, while home, tying your knees together to change this memory may work in the long run. Don't know for sure, as I've never tried it.

I've lost over 70 lbs, and can now cross my legs at the knees like I used to do as a kid and before gaining too much weight.

Putting your legs together while seated, and moving your feet to the side will help also, but not always practical.

Nicole Erin
06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah if your legs are thick, crossing them is pretty much a pain.
Someone on here said if you practice it, it gets more natural. Seems also to have to do with the exact position you are sitting in that makes it easy or hard.

I just don't wear skirts cause really, keeping legs together is just not comfy.

Well I umm, I do wear shorts or slacks, I mean don't think I run around bare-asses or anything.

az_azeel
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Who if any have mastered keeping those knees close together when you sit?
Anyone have suggestions for helping to keep them together? besides actual torture?

simple wear a very tight fitting pencil skirt just below knee length.. ;)
training and pleasure at the same time..

Lorileah
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
one word... bungee cord. oh I mean two words

(pencil skirts work too)

Jenna Lynne
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Try sitting with your ankles crossed and your feet off to one side. This naturally pulls your thighs together.

*** Jenna ***

joandher
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
My wife says I sit very ladylike even in guy mode, knees together and legs at an angle and sometimes even crossed at the ankle,or crossed at the knees and legs still at an angle, and sometimes even double crossed, but I don't even realize I'm doing it

:hugs: J-JAY

aliceeliot
06-24-2010, 04:21 PM
When I read the thread title, I thought you were refering to knobbly knees caused by years of sporting injuries - thats my biggest problem. I've got pretty good looking legs, from the ankles to the thighs, apart from awful looking knees.

As to your question, like other responses, I too am often accused of 'sitting like a girl', I think its something I've always done subconsciously. The best solution to doing it properly is, whenever you are sitting down (or getting out of seat) think, "would Emma Watson do it this way?" you'll soon do it properly.

sometimes_miss
06-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Crossing the legs is probably the best answer as long as you don't do it guy mode (you know one ankle over the opposite knee:o)
There are plenty of men who sit like that with the legs crossed at the thigh, above the knee. If they were all crossdressers, our ranks would swell to maybe 80 percent of the male population. I sat like that until arthritis wouldn't allow the knees to do it comfortably. The reason you see it less these days is that most people are too fat to be able to cross their legs that way.

tricia_uktv
06-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Once you've mastered that, try getting out of your seat with your legs together. That is extremely girly :)

erickka
06-25-2010, 06:32 AM
When in male mode, I am a total slob! I slouch, belch, pass gas, etc., but as soon as I put on a skirt, the proper lady comes out, but it has taken me lots of years of practice to do this.

Sweeterica
06-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Never found it a problem when i wear skirts or dresses just seem to keep them together or crossed,when in drab tho just the opposite.

victoriamwilliams1
06-25-2010, 07:02 AM
When I am dressed as a woman it seems like I have all the mannerisms of any woman so I never had that problem. I have also been dressing most of my life so it could be that while growing up I just have naturally picked up most of my "feminine" manners. As a guy I do not like to sit too wide.

Beth-Lock
06-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I just cross my ankles. But I even have trouble remembering that.

Lorna
06-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't think I have any trouble keeping knees together - or remembering to do it. A tight-ish skirt certainly provides good training. My dressing goes back to the days of girdles and stockings (open girdles, not panty girdles, that is) and I distinctly recall way back when I first put on a well-fitting firm girdle, with suspenders and non-stretch stockings, how it held my legs together. I used to wonder at how girls and women back then could manage to walk, run, sit, bend, etc with that constant restraint around their thighs! Very seldom saw any woman, apart from the few older, fatter ladies sitting with knees apart then. The bungee cord suggested above might have a similar effect!:)

BRANDYJ
06-25-2010, 04:46 PM
It is very difficult for me to sit with my knees together due to the size of my thighs. I have to force the muscles to hold them together. I once tried tying them closed to see if the muscles would stretch and relax. Not happening. But I have not worked on it. If I did it extended periods of time daily...maybe it would work.