PDA

View Full Version : What if majic was real

Inna
06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
If, there was an ability for a person to transition instantly into other sex, and given very attractive nature however, it would be a one way street with no return, would you do it? Think about it in real detail, all that comes with the territory, meaning all positives and all negatives, would you still do it?

Vieja
06-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Being a cross dresser is good enough for me. Wearing feminine clothing is for me a turn on but being a woman is just not for me. Women are making great strides in the world today but they still are not playing on a level field. Then there is the down side about the sickos that will rape and kill to satisfy some evil need. No thank you.

Vieja

Elle1946
06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Why not!! Half a life as a guy then the other half or so as a girl. I can't change the guy part now {without surgery OUCH}. So I am game.

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Would I like to wave a magic wand and suddenly be a gorgeous young woman? Even if I couldn't be myself again? Sure why not.

This hypothetical question has been asked quite a few times in this forum. The range of answers is what you might expect...from "in a heart beat" to "never" depending on the individual. Those who may be contemplating "transition" may find this mental exercise useful, but for the rest of us, its just a fantasy.

Jane G
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
There are too many if's to ever give a straight answer to this question. I'm happily married, 48 years old, 6ft 4. have massive feet and hands even for my height. If I was 12 years old and given that choice I'm pretty sure I would have jumped in, but life has never been that simple so I play the cards I have been dealt, the best I can.

dennisGTS
06-24-2010, 11:19 AM
As tempting as this magic would be, since I've been happily married for over 9 years and have made a commitment to my partner for life, I'd have to pass...although, if I were single...I think yes!

Loni
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
only if it ment i also could be young again also. say about 14 - 16.

what i could do, knowing what i now know :heehee:

but other wise i am happy as i am...but could stand to be a couple decades younger. :eek:

Inna
06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
What is disheartening to me at present, an idea that in the near future medical/genome ability will be such that transition will involve few pills and one month later full transformation of physical self. Looking at how advanced we have gotten so far, it isn't far fetched to imagine possibility. I just wish it would have advanced in my life time however improbable:-(

Now the question as real as it gets

What if you were able to transform into a woman but such would be only possible with unattractive results, however woman nevertheless?

Charleen
06-24-2010, 11:39 AM
In a heart beat!

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 11:56 AM
What if you were able to transform into a woman but such would be only possible with unattractive results, however woman nevertheless?

it wouldn't be very magical then, would it?

Inna
06-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I suppose the answer I am searching for is illusive. I always dreamed about transition, since I remember me being me. In the dream I was a wonderfully feminine self as I feel I am. The dream was with me since just as I said 4-5 years old so I suppose I didn't know what beautiful meant other than "those who do good". I have gotten my share of ugliness when confronted with "you look like a girl, nana nana naaaaaana , your name should be Alicia, Ha ha ha, etc. And so I buried my fem deep within confines of psyche. But one year ago I no longer could wait and jumped head first into transition which came 40 years too late. I guess I am indifferent to who I will become as long as I will become ME, I would like to be pretty and accepted I suppose that is a dream of every one for beauty is universally appreciated.

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I suppose the answer I am searching for is illusive. I always dreamed about transition, since I remember me being me. In the dream I was a wonderfully feminine self as I feel I am. The dream was with me since just as I said 4-5 years old so I suppose I didn't know what beautiful meant other than "those who do good". I have gotten my share of ugliness when confronted with "you look like a girl, nana nana naaaaaana , your name should be Alicia, Ha ha ha, etc. And so I buried my fem deep within confines of psyche. But one year ago I no longer couldn't wait and jumped head first into transition which came 40 years too late. I guess I am indifferent to who I will become as long as I will become ME, I would like to be pretty and accepted I suppose that is a dream of every one for beauty is universally appreciated.

I think its great that you've begun to embrace who you are in reality. Sure it would be wonderful to have back the years, or easier if you'd been born GG, but things are what they are. I have had the same fantasies...imagining what it might be like to find myself a "real" girl, rather than who I am. But, like you, I have to live in the here and now.

This sounds trite, but you can be beautiful person without meeting some universal standard. That starts by loving yourself and living in a manner that is fulfilling to you. Being happy with yourself is always attractive.

Inna
06-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I know I should first accept me for whom I am, but we obey continuous stimulus from the outside. It is nearly impossible to get by without interaction between the people around us and as in real world they always have some preconceived idea of how you or for that matter everything should be. My understanding of being in peace with my self is being accepted in the society, circle of friends and home, all those are non achievable at once and unless I get to 100% passability( which is unlikely) home and friends will be weeded out until tolerant ones remain. It is always an interaction and never just one self separated from such.

Gizmo, Debbie
06-24-2010, 01:15 PM
If the magic was seriously good and long lasting then yes.
That is too say i would never need to shave anything ever again, be able to eat what i like when i like and still look good in a 2 piece bikini then yes.:daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming:
Even the dreded monthly cycle i would want that to be bang on every forth week without fail.
The negatives....errmm???? I would only live until i'm 50, could never have children and would never get married then yes i would still do it?
Thats all i can think of for now?

Madilyn A.
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
For me, if the magic had been available to me prior to my 3 children, I would be female today and the world would be short 3 very special people !!

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
...My understanding of being in peace with my self is being accepted in the society, circle of friends and home, all those are non achievable at once and unless I get to 100% passability( which is unlikely) home and friends will be weeded out until tolerant ones remain..

Being at peace with oneself means just that. But if you are at peace with yourself, you'll be in a stronger position to deal with the response of family, friends, or the larger society is another matter. That doesn't mean you'll acheive universal acceptance, but maybe be at a place where on balance you are happier.

pink femme
06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
The thought is wonderful. I try to imagine how fantastic life would become, how every day i could be a princess. Be swept off my feet by a Knight in Shining Armour........no -ves for me.......:daydreaming: I could be Alice for ever :daydreaming:

Then I go upstairs and see my little ones sleeping in bed......and no matter how much being a girl means, i could never give them up!!

fallen_rayne
06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
I think I would jump in the pool at the over. However, I have a best friend of 10 years that i absolutely could not give up. Though I am only 21, no SO, no children, and living with very open and liberal about trans,inner-sex, whatever. The only hurdle I would face is telling them that I am female. So yeah, I would, being in-complete sucks! :doh:

Inversely, if I had the choice to be born a girl as opposed to a magic wand, I don't think i would. I wouldn't have the life and friends I do now. It makes one wonder though, the butterfly effect that is, how drastically different one's life would be if your gender was different at birth.

kellycan27
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I know I should first accept me for whom I am, but we obey continuous stimulus from the outside. It is nearly impossible to get by without interaction between the people around us and as in real world they always have some preconceived idea of how you or for that matter everything should be. My understanding of being in peace with my self is being accepted in the society, circle of friends and home, all those are non achievable at once and unless I get to 100% passability( which is unlikely) home and friends will be weeded out until tolerant ones remain. It is always an interaction and never just one self separated from such.

If it was easy..everyone one would be doing it :heehee:. A large part of preconceived notions are ...yours. A lot of people are under the misconception that society as a whole have a problem with the transgender people. They tend to dwell on how the haters of the world view them. I think that sometimes people forget that these types have an agenda, and are representative of a group rather than society as a whole. The haters are definitely out there to be sure, but not in the numbers that some here fear.
I often wonder how many people have experienced this phenom of societies hatred rather than relying on hearsay or not too ancient history. I honestly believe that a lot of this so called fear of society is just a way to justify our own internal fear, same or guilt. Ask yourself this..... With the vast number of people on the planet.. what are your chances of running into the hater types within your little slice of the pie? I have been full time for close to 8 years and I can honestly say that I haven't encountered anyone who wants to burn me at the stake, tar and feather me or run me out of town. Is life perfect? No, but if people are going to wait until it is... good luck!
Lose the herd mentality and experience life in the mainstream for yourself. There are a lucky few who have done exactly that, and I am sure that they will agree that for the most part.... it can be a nice life.
Acceptance by friends and family will always be a crap shoot. In MY case I just decided to let the chips fall where they may. For me personally it was a matter of life fulfilled....or not. Your mileage may vary according to your circumstances or hearts desire. For those of you who are willing to sacrifice your happiness for the sake of loved ones... I commend you. That can't be easy. For those of you who sacrifice your happiness out of fear of unacceptance... I feel sad for you.

Kel

Kate Simmons
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Problem is you have to be really careful with both magic and chromosomes. You don't always get what you are asking for and/or be careful what you wish for, it may come true.:)

kellycan27
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Problem is you have to be really careful with both magic and chromosomes. You don't always get what you are asking for and/or be careful what you wish for, it may come true.:)

Do you suppose that that might be the reason that most of us have to preform a RLE period before we are allowed to have the "magic" pills? :heehee:

Kel

BLUE ORCHID
06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Alexia

Be careful what you wish for.
You would probably end up being a F to M crosdresser.

Orchid

Lorileah
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
what kind of magic would be irreversible? That seems contradictory. Can't you just chant backwards or say I take it back? What if life sucks afterward?

Rianna Humble
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
If, there was an ability for a person to transition instantly into other sex, and given very attractive nature however, it would be a one way street with no return, would you do it? Think about it in real detail, all that comes with the territory, meaning all positives and all negatives, would you still do it?

I would definitely want the transition. Having suffered from having the wrong body for more than half a century, why would I want to go back to that?

I believe that my nature is already fairly attractive, as for the negatives, I suppose you mean "that time of the month", the glass ceiling on us women and that sort of thing. They would be a minuscule price to pay for being whole at last.

I'm not going to ask to go back in age, or even to be beautiful - having the right body would be enough for me.

juno
06-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I thought that most male CDers were heterosexual; transvestite but not transgender. Maybe the question is whether more CDers really are more transgeneder than they are letting on?

Given magic, the real fun would be the possibility to switch genders at will.

Tasha McIntyre
06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
No, my family is way to important to me.

I get enough out of dressing and going out for a few hours every week or so. I also get just enough support from my wife to make this easy for me.

Tash :)

Ranma
06-24-2010, 08:10 PM
For myself that is a big resounding Yes! Oh what it is to dream!! :daydreaming:

Angiemead12
06-24-2010, 08:33 PM
as long as I can keep doing all the male things i love, yes!

Girl
06-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes, absolutely! I really wish I could have lived my whole life as a girl!

Inna
06-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Start of this thread was motivated by research and findings of in my opinion, break though research performed by local transgender therapist Dr. Carl Bushong under title of "The Multi-Dimensionality of Gender". Most extraordinary finding leads to understanding that crossdressing, transgenderism, transsexuality and in fact all the forms of disphoria are intertwined faces of the same condition. In most of us ever since birth our feminine self in brain steered towards feminine perception of the world and us within it. Cultural aspects and obviously physical ones have forced us to construct masculine shell of a self to navigate the world. In fact my understanding is that everyone has both aspects present as a being, one feminine one masculine. That would explain butch, strong, tough woman and fragile, shy, reserved males. The overwhelming strength of one over other determines our sense of self. Both of these reside in brain and are non-attached to physical body therefore creating possibility of occasional disruption and displacement. We are different in the way we approach solution, for some little will do for others nothing short of complete transformation is the answer but one core element is constant throughout, femininity, form of expression of such and sense of not being whole without it.
Personally I am extremely pleased with such finding because it forms bonds within our selves and includes us in much greater sense of community and family. It is a learning process and answers often create questions as I have found out. But the only reassurance I have gotten throughout my struggle was that of knowing about others like your selves and that we are one family which one day may change worlds understanding of our struggle allowing freedom of main stream acceptance.

Lorileah
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Most extraordinary finding leads to understanding that crossdressing, transgenderism, transsexuality and in fact all the forms of disphoria are intertwined faces of the same condition.
Could have saved a whole bunch of research money if they would just listen to the people on this board.

In most of us ever since birth our feminine self in brain steered towards feminine perception of the world and us within it. Cultural aspects and obviously physical ones have forced us to construct masculine shell of a self to navigate the world. In fact my understanding is that everyone has both aspects present as a being, one feminine one masculine. That would explain butch, strong, tough woman and fragile, shy, reserved males. The overwhelming strength of one over other determines our sense of self. Both of these reside in brain and are non-attached to physical body therefore creating possibility of occasional disruption and displacement. We are different in the way we approach solution, for some little will do for others nothing short of complete transformation is the answer but one core element is constant throughout, femininity, form of expression of such and sense of not being whole without it.

All I can add to that is "huh?" Actually once again this is preaching to the choir. I guess it is good that someone published this. On the other hand, I think most here will say "This ain't new". Maybe if these researchers just listened to what transgenders have been saying they could save a lot of time. Thousands of members here, thousands more who visit, no single story

Rianna Humble
06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
I thought that most male CDers were heterosexual; transvestite but not transgender. Maybe the question is whether more CDers really are more transgender than they are letting on?

When I first gave in and began to accept who I am, I too confused transgender with transsexual. All of us who transcend the outdated binary gender stereotype are transgender. Whether that expresses itself as cross-dressing, desire to transition, actual transition or something else. It was not until I had accepted this that I was able to fully accept myself.

Lori_Anne
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
in about 00.01 nano seconds, fat or skinny, tall or short, old or young, pretty or ugly. just to be a real woman poof!!!! I would love it, hell I would love just to wake up one morning with no body or facel hair! :heehee:

but ohhh!!! to be a girl of about 16 and pretty :daydreaming: