PDA

View Full Version : Please explain this to me!

Amber-Sue
06-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I have gotten dressed and drove to the next town and shopped at the Goodwill store. My wife and I have gone shopping in Elgin, Illinois, Schaumberg, Oak Park, Gone out to eat together and to a nightclub together, but when it comes time to walk out and get the garbage cans or m ail I get cold feet and will not be able to do it. Why is that??

Amber

Lorileah
06-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Easy, you probably won't have any more contact or very little contact with the people in the stores and restaurants but you see your neighbors frequently. You tend to care about their opinions more than strangers

kimdl93
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Being "out" among your neighbors takes more resolve than being out among strangers

Karen564
06-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Easy, you probably won't have any more contact or very little contact with the people in the stores and restaurants but you see your neighbors frequently. You tend to care about their opinions more than strangers

YUP..Lori nailed it..:iagree:

Joanne f
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Because you know that if you get any adverse reaction from a stranger in another town it will only be once but if you get an adverse reaction from your neighbors it is going to affect you and your family for a very long time .

sissystephanie
06-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I go out almost every day shopping or to get something to eat wearing a skirt and other feminine apparel. But no wig and no makeup. In the morning I go out to get the newspaper dressed and looking the same way. I am at the age where I don't care what my neighbors see! I think they have all seen me enfemme anyway, and if they haven't it is their loss!!:)

linnea
06-24-2010, 08:39 PM
If you are not completely out to the world, the effects of being seen and recognized have the potential to be longer lasting and more complicated in our own neighborhoods than in less familiar areas.

Cheryl James
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
I know what you are feeling and agree with the other girls. Away from home you are, more or less, anonymous. In your neighborhood people know you or know who you are. Unless you want them to know this about you, it is good to have cold feet.

busker
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
I go out almost every day shopping or to get something to eat wearing a skirt and other feminine apparel. But no wig and no makeup. In the morning I go out to get the newspaper dressed and looking the same way. I am at the age where I don't care what my neighbors see! I think they have all seen me enfemme anyway, and if they haven't it is their loss!!:)

Stephanie, I wish I had your high quality attitude. Maybe when I get to be as young as you are. There is still hope for me.
Have a great day tomorrow, and every day.

anabelle
06-25-2010, 01:38 AM
I think it's cause you are close to home. I LOVE dressing when I am alone...or even in a distant area. It's less risk.

But I won't even consider it if people are home or in my own town/city...even though there are establishments that are ok with it. Just the thought of someone recognizing me scares me.

That's why I want to have a CD weekend so badly! Vacation to be the real me!

t-girlxsophie
06-25-2010, 01:54 AM
I think its just a case of not in your own backyard so to speak,I think it takes a lot more courage to potentially be seen by neighbours.Maybe in time you may start to stress less about being seen

noeleena
06-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Hi.
As said your thinking is ,away from its okay, at or near home now thats another matter.
& thatll depend on how you see your self .& how you wont others to see & or accept you as a person.
I dont know what your city town or village is like so i can only say you know better .

For this kid i was known before & after the fact & i told people what & who i was / am so there was acceptance with our community of what was going on with my self,
Of cause later every one knew or knows. & the heading was noel to noeleena.

If, i was a dresser im not sure how i would brouch the matter & thinking about it i no dought would be looking at it in the same way you do.
Just glad i did not & dont have to. so yes it is harder for you,

...noeleena...

erickka
06-25-2010, 06:29 AM
easy, you probably won't have any more contact or very little contact with the people in the stores and restaurants but you see your neighbors frequently. You tend to care about their opinions more than strangers

bingo!!!

victoriamwilliams1
06-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Being "out" among your neighbors takes more resolve than being out among strangers

Exactly! Now I leave my home dressed when the neighbors are in the house! It is easier for me to be away from home then in my on area.