PDA

View Full Version : Original Plumbing: Trans Male Quarterly

Ze
06-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Hey dudes, just wanted you all to know about a fairly new FtM-centered magazine called "Original Plumbing: Trans Male Quarterly (http://www.akpress.org/2010/items/originalplumbing)," or "OP" for short. It's unfortunately $8 an issue, but I'm assuming it's to pay off the mix of numerous pictures and to keep it running in general because it's independent.

A friend bought me the latest issue (#3) when she saw it at the Philly Trans Health Conference, so I wanted the rest of you to know about it. :) I plan to get every issue from now on, despite the price. The above link looks like you can also order the previous issue.

Edit: Found their official site (http://www.originalplumbing.com/Home.html). If you click on "Model," you'll see that they're looking for guys to include pictures of themselves in upcoming issues. I'm actually thinking of doing it...if I could gather the nerve. :ner: They're also looking for general submissions for their next issue, though the deadline for that one has passed. Their official site also looks like they include shipping charges to Australia, Europe, and Canada along with the States.

Faith_G
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I checked out their table in Philly, definitely a cool magazine. And the title is pure genius!

Lex
06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow, looks rad! And definately try out for the cover. :D

AnonyMouse
06-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to get it right now (parents + no money), but I bookmarked the site for later.

Also, I don't think they'll want my picture, but maybe they'd appreciate my writing. :D

missdanie
06-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Miiilo, I'm a photographer. And not far from Boston... !

-D

DanielMacBride
06-26-2010, 06:29 AM
I have every issue of OP to date, it's a pretty damn good magazine :) I don't mind paying the $8 per issue for an independent mag that is by transguys, for transguys - it's pretty cool :)

Andy66
06-26-2010, 06:30 AM
How cool. Thanks for letting everyone know, Ze. And I would get a kick out of seeing you in a magazine. :)

Kieron Andrew
06-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Miiilo, I'm a photographer. And not far from Boston... !

-D

There you go Milo, professional shots ;)

Toni_Lynn
06-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Hot Damn -- If I was still single this would definitely be on my must buy list as my equivalent to Playgirl!

Go fer it Milo -- and if you do, I want an autographed copy! :heehee:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

missdanie
06-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Tee hee. I love how Milo began his message, "Hey, Dudes," and half the thread is women whistling appreciatively at the beefcake.

-D

Ze
06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Tee hee. I love how Milo began his message, "Hey, Dudes," and half the thread is women whistling appreciatively at the beefcake.

-D

I honestly never thought the ladies would be interested in the mag; a FtM variety of "Playgirl" never crossed my mind. :elaugh:

And as for those photos, I only do nudity if it's tasteful. :tongueout And if there's film in the camera...

Kieron Andrew
06-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I honestly never thought the ladies would be interested in the mag; a FtM variety of "Playgirl" never crossed my mind. :elaugh:

And as for those photos, I only do nudity if it's tasteful. :tongueout And if there's film in the camera...

Esther said hell yeah she would love a FtM variety of Playgirl...she said however she'll just have to stick with the various sites out there for now ;)

Ze
06-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Esther said hell yeah she would love a FtM variety of Playgirl...she said however she'll just have to stick with the various sites out there for now ;)

We are NOT going there again. :elaugh:

Leo Lane
06-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Toni_Lynn
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM

Milo! And why not! You guys are just so damn handsome --- and yummy :heehee:

Of course, I'd only read it for the articles, ya see :devil:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Ze
06-28-2010, 01:12 PM
If I'm featured in a future issue of their magazine (unlikely), will you respect me in the morning? :tongueout

Toni_Lynn
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
If I'm featured in a future issue of their magazine (unlikely), will you respect me in the morning? :tongueout

Sure --- and I'll drool over you the night before :D

Huggles

Toni-Lynn