PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Red nails, red face.

NaughtyMichelle
06-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Since I didn't have to work today, I thought I would get a headstart on the weekend, and did my nails last nite. Then late in the evening, I decided to go fill up the gas tank (in drab) instead of doing it today. No problem, until I went to a drive-thru for a late snack. Didn't even think about my nails with that nice, fresh coat of dark red polish until I forked over the money. The guy took the money, looked at my nails, looked at me, and then looked away.
Doh...:doh:

Alice B
06-25-2010, 01:17 PM
It's his problem - not yours. Doubt that you will ever see him again, other than as a fast food window clerk. Enjoy your weekend.

TxKimberly
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Puh-lease! This is Austin Texas - I'd be awful surprised if this was the most interesting or unusual thing that guy had seen. :)

JulieC
06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Puh-lease! This is Austin Texas - I'd be awful surprised if this was the most interesting or unusual thing that guy had seen. :)

"Hey everybody! We got a NORMAL one on drive through!" :rofl:

Tasha McIntyre
06-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Just a little bit busted.........just as long as nobody you didn't want to know saw them.

Freddy12
06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
You will probably never see him again, but he noticed, and you handled it. He may have said something to others, but it really wasn't a case of someone saying something nasty to you. Consider it a good exerience!

carhill2mn
06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I am a bit surprised that the young man did not also have polished nails. I have seen many young men with wild colors on their nails and makiing no apologies about it.

aliceeliot
06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
A few years ago I was working in Wales, and the local bar had a bit of a 'lock-in'. Just a few choice locals and myself. Somewhat late in the morning a couple of girls thought it would be great to paint my nails a rather innocuous shade of pink. Being totally in love with both of these girls (and somewhat enebriated) I let them do it....

The next morning I got up late, struggled into work feeling like crap, and had to attend an unexpected meeting with representatives from our joint venture partners from Italy and France (testosterone fuelled or what!!). After the meeting, one of my work mates pointed out that I had beautifully painted pink nails.........

Ho hum, at least my excuse was valid (blamed the alcohol and the girls), but these days I avoid 'light' coloured nail varnish like the plague.

sissystephanie
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I have been wearing pink painted finger nails for many years. They are also shaped like GG's nails, being a little long and curved at the tip. I get compliments on my nails all the time, from both men and women! Never have had a bad remark about them! BTW, I am an Insurance Sales Agent!

Rogina B
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Relax,it is Austin,and you gave them something new to talk about...No big deal...:brolleyes:

ColleenW
06-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Well I think it's great. Sometimes an "accident" like this is really the best way to start getting the courage to keep progressing. I'm still surprised sometimes how little most people care.

Anneliese
06-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I have this dream. I paint my nails and go out, completely forgetting. Or. I wear my wig outside. Again, who really cares. If some redneck is offended, screw them.

donnatracey
06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I am a bit surprised that the young man did not also have polished nails. I have seen many young men with wild colors on their nails and makiing no apologies about it.

Not if he wants to keep his job!

giuseppina
06-25-2010, 11:12 PM
:yt:

Sad, but probably true.

NaughtyMichelle
06-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Relax,it is Austin,and you gave them something new to talk about...No big deal...:brolleyes:
Didn't say it was a big deal, offered only as an amusing anecdote, certainly not :brolleyes:-worthy.

RozalynLove
06-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I know you can't really help feeling the way you do about it, but I personally think you have nothing to be embarrassed about! I bet your nails looked lovely, and the drive through employee probably just looked away as he wasn't sure how to handle the situation. Really though, if he didn't just take it in his stride, the worst thing he could have done was mocked you to other people because of it, and that makes him look a lot worse than wearing nail polish can possibly make anyone look!

joandher
06-26-2010, 12:43 PM
One day while in the supermarket I was at the checkout packing the bags and the lady on the till picked up a bottle of nail hardener ,put it through the scanner then turned to me and said does this work ,well without thinking I showed her my nails which were polished with the same ,and not thinking I said well what do you think?????? ( well I could have died on the spot ) UGG very nice,I must try it was the reply , now every time I see her she asks to see my nails, and she shows me hers
can be a bit embarrassing at times, especially if there's a queue behind me

Hugs

J-JAY