PDA

View Full Version : Fun Vs Life

Phil Loves Pantyhose
06-25-2010, 06:44 PM
So, having read the forums for a little while now, it seems like the majority of the posters here take dressing as a lifestyle, or rather full time, some going from crossdressing to transgender...

...who dresses for fun? Sexual or otherwise?

My dressing, little as it is compared to some on here, is maily sexually based - more often than not with my girlfriend dressing to match me while we have sex.

Are there many others out there on the forum who just dress for fun? Or are there more full time lifestyle people?

BobbiU
06-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Like yourself, i LOVE Pantyhose, been wearing them when I can for over 20 years, Over the past 5 years, my wife is aware of my needs, and I'll dress in lingerie on weekends, wear Pantyhose once in a while. Every so often, she'll leave some panties out with my clothes at night, for me to wear to work.

Thats about it for now, Wish I could do more, and, my son will be leaving in 4 months, so hoping to make it more of a nightly activity at that time. Have no desire to do much more then that. I've purchased Bra's, panties, pantyhose, and wore under my clothes out. Would love to wear panties full time, and a nightie full time. I think can that be accomplished with mutual consent of my wife soon.

docrobbysherry
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
SOMEONE, (hint, hint), should poll ALL our members. And, ask them THAT question.:brolleyes:

I think there may be MANY more "fun/closet/sex" dressers than there r "lifestyle" girls!:)

But, it just seems natural that the lifestyle girls would participate more here. Heck, they have a LOT MORE REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES to discuss than us closet folks! :thumbsup:

Renee_E
06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
If i didn't find it to be fun we wouldn't do it. Going full time or transitioning would be too much like work. I would have to work at it all the time.

abigail43
06-25-2010, 08:06 PM
I used to dress for fun in my younger years but now I basically dress full time and am looking at transitioning . I believe that all the work you need to do to be feminine helps us to understand what it is to be truly feminine..Buying make up and realising how much it cost to look good can help us to empathise with the GG's and can also help us on our journey to understand that they are not just there for our sexual pleasure.

Tasha McIntyre
06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Good question Phil.

For me it's totally for fun. Such a buzz getting around a busy shopping centre, mixing it with the crazed wide eyed bargain shoppers and being made a fuss of in the dress shops.

It's also a tension relief - the tension being built up over 30 years of not knowing why I felt like this, or whether anyone else felt the same way. Everytime I get out and about it's a litle victory for me (and for us).

Tash :)

sissystephanie
06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I have always dressed for fun!! Sure, when my wife was alive we sometimes used my dressing for sex, but even that was fun. Now that she is gone and I don't have her to do my makeup and fix my wig, I just dress and go out as a man in a skirt or dress. Surprisingly, the only comments I usually get are complimnets on my outfit! I have no desire to be a woman, so dressing is definitely for fun!!

Anneliese
06-25-2010, 08:40 PM
For me it's fun and sexual turn-on first, which may, someday, become a lifestyle.

AllieSF
06-25-2010, 09:30 PM
For me it is fun. Fun to wear a constant themed costume (femme) while varying the styles and looks. Fun to go out with friends, mostly other Cd's or TS's in the real world to dine, drink, dance, go to museums, plays, whatever. Fun to interface with complete strangers everywhere and have them accept me as I am at that moment, not knowing my original side. Fun to be here to read experiences of others,. voice my opinion (sometimes correct, sometimes not) and to share my own experiences while out and about. I am very happy to be who I am right now.

Michaela42
06-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Well, for me I dress as a thrill and a way of decompressing or relaxing. Sure, I have thought about dressing full time and as a lifestyle, but there would be complications. If I do it too much would I lose that rush/thrill? How "passable" would a girl be if she were six foot tall, 300+ pounds, and able to benchpress 350+ pounds? But I think for me the main reason why I would not do it on a regular basis is that dressing is very time consuming. Sure, hot all girls need make-up and a few hours to style their hair, but I sure would!

For now and the foreseeable future dressing will just be a "me"thing that I do not share with the world, but some day :daydreaming:

mykhelee
06-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I dress for the emotional contentment I get out of it. It can sometimes be fun to just dress up and hang at home...I figure every hour I spend in heels and hose is one less hour of therapy.

NathalieX66
06-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Interesting topic.
i have now exeeded the thrill of dressing for sexual arousal 20 years ago. I am pretty average & boring otherwise. But I am now at the point where it is my personal style.

My shaved legs, earrings, nail polish on my toes is a daily life for me, mainly because I am sick of looking like every other guy in the coprorate world. Staying at home dressed in whatever I have is fine but it's meaningless.

I enjoy going out once or twice, in public even three or four times a month as Nathalie primarily because I like being the other gender for a short while. I don't know how I can live without doing it anymore. Sometimes being stealth en femme by wearing ballerina flats, lipstick, and jeans instead of a skirt & heels in public, like going shopping for groceries at the supermarket is better than none at all. I wish I could be like Stu Rasmussen, the mayor of Silverton, Oregon, but I still enjoy being a guy, so I have to find a way to straddle the two roles. So often, I'd rather be carting plywood & pvc pipe at Home Depot in cargo shorts and a baseball cap like every other dude.....just not all the time, or forever. There's too many pretty dresses to out there be worn. :)

Loni
06-26-2010, 01:45 AM
a life style should be fun...right :doh:.....

i hope so :daydreaming:....

as mine is.:heehee: :D

Freddy12
06-26-2010, 06:19 AM
I dress for fun. Absolutely.

Since I can't or perhaps don't dress often, it is not a lifestyle. If I dressed more often, would it be less fun? Perhaps. I don't think I'll ever find out!

alice clair
06-26-2010, 06:40 AM
I just enjoy the fun lifestyle all of it.

eluuzion
06-26-2010, 07:14 AM
I am confident in saying that almost everything I have done or will do are initiated by my overzealous curiosity.

I was not born to follow directions, meet others' expectations or prove anything to anybody...but myself.

Life is an adventure and I am the explorer. The things I discover, I either continue exploring or I move on to pursue something else that sparked my curiosity.

The things I continue to stay with and explore further, have usually provided some type of exhilarating reward or I would not continue them. In many cases, that element has some type of sexual component.

Crossdressing is no different than the rest. It is a just another toy in my toybox that is a favorite. I make no effort in trying to figure out where it will "lead me". I do not spend a lot of time judging what I should do or not do, particularly regarding what society expects or approves of. I will find out eventually where it leads me, so I just enjoy the ride. I am collecting memories. That is my goal in life, nothing more.

Kate Simmons
06-26-2010, 07:14 AM
I do it to have fun socializing and dancing. This helps me to cast positive energy.:)

AriannaH
06-26-2010, 07:56 AM
I dress for fun and to escape the normal day to day routines.

NicoleScott
06-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Never gonna be a lifestyle. Always (end I mean EVERY time) for fun, excitement, arousal.

iwearstockings
06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I dress now and then when the mood takes me. ( its too damn hot to get all PVC'd up right now!) sometimes my wife and I get dressed up together which is good.
All the time? no not really, you are not alone there :^)

Karinsamatha
06-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I dress for lifestyle now. :) I do feel better -more complete when dressed. The whole process of making my self "presentable" is fun. except maybe epalating my chest :eek:

Anneliese
06-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I love the fashion and the excitement.

There are ways women are better than men, as well as the opposite.

We should discuss PC. NONE of us should be, although some of us are easily offended.

Damned near NOTHING offends me.

Angiemead12
06-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I dress for both sex and fun! I feel more frisky when Im in femme mode!

StaceyJane
06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
The first time I went out in public as Stacey I told myself that I had to do it because this is how I want to live my life.

sandra-leigh
06-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Going full time or transitioning would be too much like work. I would have to work at it all the time.

"Transitioning" to full female (especially with SRS) would surely not be easy, and I don't know if I will ever get to that point... though I do have an urge to try living 24/7 non-OP for a time and see how I feel. Like a "RLE" (Real Life Experience) except more a bit more tentative.

On the other hand, "transitioning" to openly mixed gender with a usually female presentation is something I suspect will happen at some point. I don't know when. Some days I have the feeling that I'd like to do it "within a few months". I don't know why exactly but not being able to openly dress at work burns at me. I'm not good at living lies, and being "male" is feeling like a lie. Not that I feel like I am definitely "female" either, but wearing a dress or skirt publically feels like me in a way that even this gender-neutral scenic T-shirt that I am wearing at the moment does not... the t-shirt feels like a disguise to hide the real me away from the people I am visiting.

Being male... that's "work" for me.

Missy Tanya
06-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Just for Fun, stress relieve, to party. And most of all to spend my other half's money. It's soo fun to be a girl with an boyfriends Credit Cards.. Opps those are mine too, Tanya one high maintenance girl..

Really, I do it cause it make me feel good. No intentions of Transitioning. But not too long ago I never would have dream that I would be going out so much, and looking forward to many more times out as Tanya

stephiny10
06-27-2010, 12:17 AM
for me it's all for the thrill and enjoyment of becoming as feminine as I can be and enjoying life as a woman even for a short time

dennisGTS
06-27-2010, 10:35 AM
For me, initially it was just a sexual thing.

Now, it's both a combination of fun and sexual...leaning more towards the fun side.

julie w
06-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Lifestyle with me I would like to live as a women 50% of the time and the only
reason not the other 50% is work family freinds and effort it takes with
having male body hair and having to wear a wig