PDA

View Full Version : Just tired of it all

Jordan
06-26-2010, 02:28 AM
How come girls can wear guys clothes and it is ok, but as soon as we put on a Bra or a skirt or make-up or dresses we are looked at funny why is this kind of stuff just for girls? How come in todays society we can't truely express our selves the way we want too? My wife knows that I crossdress but nobody else knows why is the American public so had to understand us! you girls from Europe seem to get a lot bettter understanding than us from the U.S. Like shaving our legs or armpits why do people have to look at us funny and just not except it?

Laura-uk
06-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Dont dispare huni, I've never been to the U.S (well, canada once) but live in the UK. There was a story in the news here, a cage fighter was out en femme as a laugh (fancy dress party) 2 yobs set on him having no idea who he was, he samshed them in :heehee: so 1 - 0 to the CDer!

I like to think thnings slowly got more acceptable in todays world (just like unmarried couples with babs)

Its your business, but everyones entitled to their opinion so its gota be in one ear and out the other

Never give up being YOU :hugs:

MiraM
06-26-2010, 02:49 AM
:bonk::bonk::dh:

t-girlxsophie
06-26-2010, 03:12 AM
hi jordan-sorry to burst your bubble but europe isnt some TG utopia.certainly here in the UK we have had our fair share of problems as you have-indeed I have been surprised to have read so many positive stories from the US on here.Dont despair things are slowly getting better.I have noticed lots of improvements in the ten years since I first made my first appearance out in the world. :hugs: Sophie

christinek
06-26-2010, 03:44 AM
I agree with above and the dead horse part and all. I always wonder who wrote the rules and how the rules were formed.

If a woman does not shave her legs, Eww! Why?
If a woman does not shave her pitts, Eww! Why?

If I shave my legs and pitts its odd! Why?

There are lots of things women do or are expected to do to be accepted or to be considered beautiful.

There is this cute little summer hire in my organization she was wearing flippies today and she has hairy toes, not cute!

The guys look like wolf men and that is OK. Why?

Jane G
06-26-2010, 03:56 AM
I think, women wear male clothing because they like the clothes the colour or they what to be a bit of a rebel, that particular day. Some times that's the same for me and I think to a large extent society would accept male CD's if that was it. However I think we take it a lot further than that in that many of us want to be seen and treated as women, not men in women’s clothes, there is a big difference.

On the subject of shaving, recommend you take up cycling or swimming. It's very much accepted that you can shave your body hair in these sports. I've not had a negative comment in 30+ years, on the contrary I've had a number of complements always from women, cos guys don't say that sort of thing to each other right! Tee Hee!

TG_Nicole
06-26-2010, 04:03 AM
I would pose this question hun. And believe me its pointed at me too. Is it really the way society views us or the way we view ourselves. I did a huge shave this morning before work full arms and legs. I love the smooth feeling i feel so beautiful and feminine like this. But i feel so self conscious about it all like they'll discover my darkest secret somehow and ill lose it all. Maybe its both on my end I'm sure its more me then the world. I just need to be more confident and stop caring what the world thinks.

Anyway way more than my two cents hugs:battingeyelashes:-

noeleena
06-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Hi.
I been on the computer now for just on 4 years & have followed the trans community for that time.
Iv been out as a woman for 12 years & did not have any thing to do with trans people . i meet up with a few some 2 1 / 2 hours away & that was after 4 / 5 years most if not all i saw were dressers i dont move in the trans community here , so with in 50 miles of us none that i have contact with as youd say friends close by. so im on my own .
yet i have more friends who are women who accept who i am , for us in N Z we are well some of us any way more than i ever expected are accepted . or do i say more open ,
In australia i have found it the same.
I know its some what different for those who dress only, as to my self as a woman yet .
it all comes down to your attitude how you present your self & how you get on with people.
Im not talking about a few people im saying 1000s so i would know if i was going to get a barracking because of who i am . it never happened .
Im in front of many people who may or may not know me yet will have heard of who i am in other words im in front of people a lot.
Of cause your ? is why because of western up bringing how wev been taught . go back 600 to 500 years & read up your history & youll see things where different what did men wear. then,
just wear what you wont to head up & walk like you own where you are if people cant hack that thats thier problem not yours.
i mix with many different people from all around the world with in our groups still no probs,
I do camara work so still no one cares & even then i get thier pics, & we talk about all sorts of things , you really have to be out there & mix with people to be seen & accepted & talk with them . oh voice you say hmmm . dare i say it no one & i mean no one cares . at all. dont try & be what yournot just be you, & thats all i do , & with that comes acceptance. hard to belive, no, thats fear,
Youv seen my pic well thats me & yes thats how people see me all the time different clothes of cause , & then think why the hell am i accepted.
I sure dont look much like a female im not yet im accepted . im a woman not a female looking one thats all,
& it takes time to be accepted male or female .
all the best ,

...noeleena...

Sammy777
06-26-2010, 04:37 AM
How come girls can wear guys clothes and it is ok,

but as soon as we put on a Bra or a skirt or make-up or dresses we are looked at funny

Hmmmmmmm

Lets see:
Makeup - not just for girls anymore (http://www.amitbhawani.com/health/make-up-tips-men/)

http://blog.peta2.com/Davey_Havok_2.jpg

Men in Skirts? Ya if you can afford it (http://thefieldnotes.com/?p=696) :heehee:

http://garconmag.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/00110m.jpg

Bras? or the "Bro"? :lol2:
Seriously though, unless you have something for it to hold up why bother?

And to answer why women can wear men's clothes? Two reasons -

1] They are not trying to be [or be seen as] guys.
And most of the "men's" clothes women wear are actually women's clothes that just look like men's clothes.

2] Because they just look so darn adorable in them :heehee:

http://fashioncopious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef96453883401156e658f26970c-800wi

kay_jessica
06-26-2010, 05:09 AM
hi jordan-sorry to burst your bubble but europe isnt some TG utopia.certainly here in the UK we have had our fair share of problems as you have-indeed I have been surprised to have read so many positive stories from the US on here.Dont despair things are slowly getting better.I have noticed lots of improvements in the ten years since I first made my first appearance out in the world. :hugs: Sophie

Hmm, I think there are parts of the UK where that may be true, and certainly there are times especially where large groups of "macho blokes" congregate. Lets put it this way, I am avoiding pubs and venues where I would expect to find hordes of so called football (soccer) fans at the moment. Most individuals I know, as individuals are absolutely fine, but the minute that individual congregates with more than a few others, especially if some are unknown to him then he will toe the "macho" line. Fact of life, most people are heard animals scared to express their individuality.

Here in leafy Bucks, I have never had any trouble being accepted. Even in military towns like Aldershot or Salisbury. It may be different though in the more industrial north.

No matter, times are changing and now it is actually illegal in the UK to discriminate against us and if one is so minded, one can heap a whole load of legal recourse at any one who so much as calls you out let alone physically harm you. The law is on our side. The US will get there, eventually.

Hugs

Kay

Miley
06-26-2010, 07:11 AM
This morning as my wife tried on a new dress which she looked just stunning in but at the same time I loved that outfit and wanted to wear it. As I got ready to go out with my wife all I had was the same pants and top. At that point I got so upset that guys are limited to these items yet girls have the choice of so much more. I was angry that women can wear guys cloths yet I can't wear a dress. I personaly believe the reason why it is not socially acceptable for men to dress as women because it is seen as degrading although it is not the same if women dress like men. I love the feminine look of a beautiful dress and heals and there is nothing degrading about that. So I will be Miley and people will just have to except it:)

Kate Simmons
06-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Give it up Hon. This is an argument you can't possibly win. Besides, it's cool to go full circuit and ourselves enjoy dressing up in guy stuff sometimes while en femme.:)

Sweeterica
06-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Its the narrowminded view that society forces on us,i always wonder why is it so accepted for gays/lesbians to openly do what they do these days but if a guy goes about in a dress hes imediately some weird. There are many communities around the world where men where skirt type clothing do they get called names, no.The day will come when we are accepted girls.

CatAttack
06-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Well lets step back and take a look at it big picture mode.

Humans are primates that display sexual dimorphism. This means that males exhibit different characteristics than females. This further implies that such differences are selected for by the opposite sex and will be referred to as "maleness" and "femaleness".

For example, the peacock exhibits sexual dimorphism in that the males grow the crazy tail feathers while the females don't. The male uses the tail feather display to court the female, and if successful, they will mate. For peacocks, "maleness" encompasses the quality of the tail feather display. The female is the ultimate decider, but the male of course also wants to choose to court a female with good genes/characteristics.

Likewise in human mating, the male courts the female, and in the end, the female is the ultimate decider.. Thus there is greater pressure on males to conform to "maleness" than for females to conform to "femaleness." Basically the male has the choice of which females he would like to court, but ultimately it is the female that decides whether or not she will mate with him. The way she decides is by judging his "maleness" [if she is looking for a man].

Another reason is that there is also a big emphasis on dominance hierarchy among males [as well as females but not as stressed]. Like any animal social order with emphasis on a dominance hierarchy [such as dogs/wolves, chimps, gorillas, etc..], the higher ranked picks on the lower ranked, partially to let them know who is boss AKA assert dominance. For males, the hierarchy is based upon "maleness" which is why jocks picked on nerds and manly men picked on not-so-manly men [i.e. men in dresses?].

I don't know if that made sense but.. :2c:

Michaela42
06-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Dont dispare huni, I've never been to the U.S (well, canada once) but live in the UK. There was a story in the news here, a cage fighter was out en femme as a laugh (fancy dress party) 2 yobs set on him having no idea who he was, he samshed them in :heehee: so 1 - 0 to the CDer!

Never give up being YOU :hugs:

Actually I think this video is on youtube or somewhere on the net. It was one of the best laughs I had in a long time.

Can you imagine being the poor slobs that tried this? It wil not matter to their buddies that the guys were MMA fighters, they only care that they got beat-up by guys in dresses :)

/the lesson being NEVER try to take a CD'ers purse!

carrie-ann
06-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Ok I'm sorry did I miss some thing! Look I'm a 24/7 TG/CD. I love my life now! I go all over the U.S.. Large towns and small towns. I'm dress in dresses and skirts. I wear make-up wig and all. I get all kind of reactions good and bad. If you think It's bad now try 20/30/40 years ago! I dress appropriatly for my work. I follow the dressed females! I do get all kinds of questions why I am what I iam. I answer them as long as they are not about sex. So you will be surprised how not so bad it is now. There is still a long way to go but dam life for me is great as Carrie-Ann now! I'll never go back to male clothes again. I donated all my male clothing to the VFW. So get out try it beware of what's around you. You'll find humor works great. When I go into the men's rooms It's.funny all the different reactions I get. I have never had a problem yet, I get the looks though. I just say it happens all time and that I'm a transgender. I took it to a higher step I went and got a new dl (drivers license) with my picture dressed enfem, still says male on it. But if I get the cops called on me I match my looks. This was recommend by the law enforcement officials. So I did it. The small and conservative town I live in I was the first TG/CD to do this. They had to call the state see what the law was for me to do it. So I carry my DL every where just in case the cops or business say some thing I just pull out my DL and smile!

Toni_Lynn
06-26-2010, 09:42 AM
:bonk::bonk::dh:

Thank you Alicia Marie! Sometime I just shake my head in amazement at this line of thinking. Either that or I've missed all the women walking around in three piece men's suits and wing-tips, tuxedos, and jockstraps!

Men in Skirts? Ya if you can afford it

Let see, I have spent the last 5 Sundays in boy-mode. In this case boy-mode means wearing a kilt. Been to the Statue of Liberty, St Patrick's Cathedral, Wal*Mart, Aldi's, the flower show, oh, and just got married wearing a kilt. Just ordered a new one to wear to my class reunion. And given that a kilt is as much a skirt as women's pants are men's trousers, I'd say that in a sense I was wearing a skirt. And no one gave me any schtick!

And to answer why women can wear men's clothes? 2] Because they just look so darn adorable in them

And to quote something that someone else said, a man in kilt is like catnip to women :). I know -- ask my wife :). Next to me in panties it a major turn-on for her.

Besides, it's cool to go full circuit and ourselves enjoy dressing up in guy stuff sometimes while en femme.:)

Yep -- and that is my ultimate fantasy -- to get all femme'd out and do some, shall we say, beefy-cheesecake poses a la femme while wearing men's undies.

And therein is the beauty of being a CDer. We can be and wear ANYTHING we want to in any combo. And THAT is cool!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Cheryl T
06-26-2010, 10:09 AM
As far as the clothes...women wear men's things, but I'm sure not many of them are shopping for men's briefs for themselves.
Society accepts women in men's shirts and jackets and such and quite frankly I wear women's jeans, tops and panties all the time.

mklinden2010
06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
How come girls can wear guys clothes and it is ok, but as soon as we put on a Bra or a skirt or make-up or dresses we are looked at funny why is this kind of stuff just for girls? How come in todays society we can't truely express our selves the way we want too? My wife knows that I crossdress but nobody else knows why is the American public so had to understand us! you girls from Europe seem to get a lot bettter understanding than us from the U.S. Like shaving our legs or armpits why do people have to look at us funny and just not except it?

Who says it's always (always) OK for women to wear guy clothes? Dress her up as a lumberjack, with big boots and an ax, rub some "beard" on her face, let her not bath for three days... Let her cut down the wrong trees and lie about it. Who needs that?

You, lacking breasts, need to wear a bar for some physical reason? Are you swinging that freely? Are you lactating? And, if you wear a dress, how are you wearing it and are you acting as bait for someone or something? Meanwhile, it's like wearing a cop's uniform or something, you're borrowing off someone else's efforts to "look good" (says you) and leaving them to clean up the mess when you screw something up.

I get why a lot of women are PO'd about men wandering all over "women turf" and I get why people get upset with women who do and act so ridiculous as to annoy men who say, "Hey, stop that! I have to work in clothes like that and you ain't helping me by doing that!"

You want to shave your stuff, shave.

Ain't nobody's business if you do.

If you feel funny being yourself, don't expect anyone else to be comfortable around you either.

"Everybody," in a civil society, eventually treats you the way you treat yourself.

Stop bitching about "them."

Them doesn't like that.

Nigella
06-26-2010, 01:36 PM
This thread is done

Posts or threads ridiculing other members or the manner in which they express themselves, unless they post of something immoral or illegal. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress