PDA

View Full Version : You won't get away with that!

Rianna Humble
06-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Outed myself to my Irish niece, Melissa, the other day and told her that I was planning to begin transition in the next couple of weeks, but that I would be travelling en drab to her cousin's wedding this autumn as I don't want to spoil their big day.

Melissa, replied that she understood my reasoning, but followed up with "You won't get away with that at our wedding! You're to come as Rianna!". :D

I felt like the Cheshire Cat and had to keep checking that I hadn't been swallowed by my own grin. :eek:

Nigella
06-26-2010, 11:10 AM
What great news and such an understanding person, especially on her special day. :)

linnea
06-26-2010, 11:28 AM
That's the kind of response we dream about--that's wonderful and good for you!

RozalynLove
06-26-2010, 12:57 PM
I think your niece is just lovely for being so understanding and nonjudgmental, wanting you to dress in a way that you feel comfortable with even on a day that's all about her and her fiance. I think it shows just how accepting she is of you, and that she won't allow anyone's prejudices to get in the way of that. I hope you find something beautiful to wear, and have a great time going! :)

t-girlxsophie
06-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Thats so great Rianna this is just one of these posts that leaves you with the biggest smile on your face after reading it.

The total acceptance of you by your neice must have you on Cloud 9.Enjoy this special day and savour it,and remember we wanna hear how you got on:daydreaming:

AKAMichelle
06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
That's fantastic that she doesn't want you pretending at her wedding. Go for it and be yourself. Hoorah it may be your first wedding as Rianna. Make sure not to pick a dress which will compete with the bride. :D

az_azeel
06-26-2010, 03:34 PM
thats great news Rianna.. and nice of your niece to be so understanding... hope you have fun at the wedding... ;)

Emma Leigh
06-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi Rianna, more good news eh! but reading your post again, Melissa is not the one getting married, or have I misread?

Gisele
06-26-2010, 04:50 PM
That was so sweet of her to say that!:)

Laura-uk
06-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Wow bet you so excited to be able to be you and not have to pretend to be what society thinks you should be, like I've said in another post things change over time and more becomes acceptable, I'm happy for you :)

Rianna Humble
06-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi Rianna, more good news eh! but reading your post again, Melissa is not the one getting married, or have I misread?

Your'e right that the wedding this autumn is a different niece, Melissa will be next year or the one after, but she is adamant that she and James will want Rianna to attend when it happens. Mel's already planning her hen night, but don't know if I'll have the stamina for what she has planned.

Nicole Erin
06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
She is not Adamant, she is Evement, must get gender right :heehee:

Well, it is time for you to plan on looking your VERY best for this :D

TxKimberly
06-26-2010, 07:23 PM
That's purty cool!

SarahLynn
06-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Rianna, there is only one thing which could make it a better day for you, may i suggest you make sure you are in fine fettle if she askes you to be a Bridesmaid.

SarahLynn

Rianna Humble
06-27-2010, 03:10 AM
She is not Adamant, she is Evement, must get gender right :heehee:

:rofl: :rofl: :roflmao:

Well, it is time for you to plan on looking your VERY best for this :D

I intend to, I will either ask her about co-ordinating, or ask Linda (the GG friend who has volunteered to be my style mentor), or perhaps both.