PDA

View Full Version : cover up

urban gypsy
08-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi all
Do any of you know the best way of covering up a short goatee/beard with out having to shave it off.
I am unable to shave it off as it is part of my every day look and its the only thing my wife won't let alter when i go enfemme. :cool:

Big Hugs
joanna

Ariel
08-24-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't know if it will work, but you might try make up clay (it may also be called putty, not real sure). I know that it can be used to cover eyebrows, but not too sure if it can be used to cover a beard/goatee/moustasche.
Wish you the best of luck.

Hugs,
Ariel

JamieDP
08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Believe it or not in my avatar i actually have goatee, but covered up.
I have a bad scar on my chin from child hood and so in my male life I wear the goatee to cover it up. I got tired of the frequent "oh my what happened to your chin".

Now I will also say I trim mine down with clippers (the kind you use for hair) about once a week to almost a 5'oclock shadow, and that is usually the time i go en femme. I find some stage makeup and foundation to cover it incredibly. Well enough that when I did it infront of my girlfriend she had to get within a foot literally to see it. I use the same method for the mustache and connectors from the mustache to the goatee.

It was difficult at first because my hair is almost jet black and liked ot show through.

I apply layers, about three to that area of foundation. Foundation,dap it with a sponge let it dry, go for layer two, dap it, and then layer three and it vecomes almost invisible. It took about a year and 12x's trying before I got it right. THe other key is patience and time, you can not do it quickly.

I typically do the shave on Saturday's or Sunday's so that by Tuesday it has grown in enough that the goatee looks normal for work for the remainder of the week. On monday morning it just looks like I went to the barber for grooming and shave, which is the excuse I'd use in the office.
Hope that helps.

Feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Ophelia D'Void
08-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Wow Jamie,

You do a fantastic job covering up your goatee. I'd never be able to tell from your pic that you'd ever had facial hair, let alone a full-on goatee, let alone a goatee and connectors at the time that you took your picture. I'm most impressed.

Oh, and Ariel, I'm not sure but sounds like you're referring to Kryolan eyebrow plastic.

O

JamieDP
08-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Thank you...I have to say it takes time and patience to get it covered up and a good set of trimmers for the hair. It takes a bit to get the routine down. If needed I can try to give more help & tips on how to cover it up.

Remember though I trim it down to something to what I'd describe as a 5'oclock shadow, and that gets me about two days of coverage, before it starts to show two obvious....I do have a picture of me on the same day with no make up if I can find it.