PDA

View Full Version : starting on the road to coming out?

stephiny10
06-26-2010, 11:57 PM
As a new cd'er I'm still wrestling with shyness or public awearness as reasons for not stepping out just yet,but here is an experence that shows that some people out in that world really would like to help and not be critical. I was walking a local mall on the sunday before memorial day of this year when a urge came over me[ the pink fog?] and I stepped into a wig/cosmetic store that had no other customers in it and started talking to the clerk inside. When the subject of what was the reason for my visit came up I explained to her that I was looking tips on how to pick-out a wig,she took me to where all the wigs were and explained about the plusses and minuses over cost of each wig,shethen asked me who the wigs was for and I shyly said that it was for me. Well she looked at me for a moment or two then went to the self and selected 3 wigs in my price range,then sat me down in a back room and put on each one on me and help choose the one that look best on me. after the choice was made she then had me take it off then put on until I was comfortable doing it after that she showed me how to properly take care of it,she then asked if I wanted to do anything else,to which I asked if she had time for some make-up tips to which she then promptly went back into and gathered all kinds of make-up to do my whole face. Well to make a long story shorter, I ended up spending the whole afternoon at that store having to call my wife twice to say that I'll be later than I planned to be and then surprising her with my face made up [my first time in full make-up] and enjoying an afternoon that I will never forget. The moral of my story is that sometimes you just have to pull your panties up and follow the fog to find one of life's adventures.

Jenna Lynne
06-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I love this story, Stephiny. Thanks for sharing it!

*** Jenna ***

Stephanie Miller
06-27-2010, 01:57 AM
As you found out Stephiny, the waters really not that bad once you jump in. The biggest problem new girls face - is their own fear.
I'm happy you had a great day. Here's for many more. :drink:

Laura-uk
06-27-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm so glad I joined here, I feel so less alone now, I'm just starting to come out too, so far just my partner, her sister and my mum know and I can say yes the water's not that bad
:thumbsup:

Rianna Humble
06-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Hi Stephiny, thank you for sharing this,seems like you had a great afternoon. You went further than I have by asking for the make-up tips, and I'm on the cusp of transition.

It's always nice to read of experiences that prove that not everyone out there is just waiting to crucify us.

Did you get any photos with the wigs and/or make-up? We would love to see them!

tammygirl79
06-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Good for you girl!!! :)

Marcia Blue
06-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Stephiny, Sounds like you had a great afternoon. You are well on your way to going out and about. Love you story.
Hugs,

AKAMichelle
06-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Great Story. You are so right that you just must go through the door of opportunity to reap the rewards on the other side.

Debb
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Stephiny, you're right. Sometimes you just gotta go where the fog leads, carefully of course.

As you step out into the world as Stephiny, remember to slow your brain down and ENJOY! My first times out (the entire first year, really), I was too nervous to realize that almost nobody cares. Most folks won't even notice, and those that do notice you mostly won't realize you're not a girl. They are mostly just too busy and self-absorbed to take that much notice.

Those that do notice and "read" you will fall mostly into the "I don't care as long as she's not hurting anyone" camp.

I did have one negative experience but mostly it was my own fault. A guy in a mall pointed and yelled, "That's a man!!". I panicked and quickly walked out the nearest exit, as if I was doing something wrong.

When I thought about it later, I realized that I was very attractively dressed .. too attractive for a mall .. and the guy had likely been attracted to the girl I was trying to be, only to realize that "a guy" had attempted to deceive him.

I don't really take a lot of care to avoid being "read". I'm kind of past that, although I do try to be the girl I am; I don't go out of my way to be that in-your-face crossdresser, I just enjoy life.

My hope is that you can do the same.

Miranda09
06-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Love your story Stephiny...it sounded like an absolutely wonderful time and I bet you looked great afterward. :)

Marcella Camira
06-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Well that took guts. I would lie-tell them I was going to a costume party or something! Very brave- good luck to ya. ~Jett~

donnatracey
06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Quite inspirational! Have done the wig bit in a shop and also asked for some makeup assistance - they never followed through by having the makeup artists contact me and by then Halloween had come and gone so I never went back to follow-up.....:sad:

Glad your story had a happy ending.....:)