PDA

View Full Version : Being dressed in front of your SO

CdChloe
06-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Hi every one,

I know this has probably been asked by other members in the past but I guess I'll ask it again... For those that dress in from of their SOs, how does it make you feel?

I know it makes me feel cautious, self aware and a bit awkward, and I know that the more I do it time will make me more comfortable being Chloe in front of her, but I still have that boggling feeling that she really hates me for it and is only doing it because she's afraid of losing me if she's not supportive enough. I know that's not the case though because she keeps sayin that she envies that the clothes I have on are prettier than hers and that if they'd fit shed want to steal them from me ;)

But as I said, that's how I feel

noeleena
06-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi.

I know its very hard for some s o.s , you see for some you become a threat . is like your be coming a woman & for some that is the case ,
so we need to see it from a womans point of view. not so easy for a male , to understand , unless your wired a woman then no its very hard & as iv heard so many cases of this .

For my self im wired both ways & even then iv had to side step my so called male side & yes think very hard about what was happening & what would i do if my female side was all of me not so easy . my first thoughts were . id be going leaveing , why & thats where its so hard thats a big if & no small matter. Its much harder when you are in that postion ,

It may be a lot easyer for me as a woman yet its still a struggle ,
because as a woman you marry a man / male not some one whos going to change in to some thing else in this case a woman wether real or dare i say it a dresser, , transexual or how they see them selfs.
as we say a bit different when your at the front of the battle . being on the side line there is just no way you can trully answer this . you have to be in it
& a part of whats going on.
I know wev had 12 years of going through it all.

...noeleena...

alice clair
06-28-2010, 07:30 AM
It would seem that your SO is accepting of you from what you have said she has said. It sounds to me like you need to go shopping with her. She obviously likes your style of clothing so go with her and see how it goes. Go on a weekend trip and shop for her and Chloe together. The more she sees you dressed the more she will accept you. She sounds like a nice lady so show her that you are too. Good luck and as always have a fem day.

Michelle

Jocelyn Quivers
06-28-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm starting to feel no different than when in male mode. When I was getting dressed a few days ago taking my usual 1-2 hours in getting completely dolled up. My wife was basically doing her own thing, and would talk to me really no different than when I am in 100% male mode. She will give her opinion on if my outfits look good or if they look horrible.

BRANDYJ
06-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Hello again Chloe. I just welcomed you in another thread. As I said there, your wife is clearly supportive of you. I do understand how her acceptance is hard for you to trust. But her coming here on her own, not because you asked her to, is proof for me that she is more then accepting. You should feel very blessed and fortunate in her love for you in all the things that make you the man she fell in love with. In time, I hope you can stop feeling like what you said, "still have that boggling feeling that she really hates me for it and is only doing it because she's afraid of losing me if she's not supportive enough." It's been a long time ago, but I am sure I felt the same way when i came out to my wife when I was about 26 or so. (she died in 1984) My present SO loves the fact that she has both sides of me and enjoys me in either mode. No doubt to me your wife will be the same way.

DonniDarkness
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the forums! Well as a married crossdresser, i have been in your situation very recently. The feelings of awkwardness and doubt will go away. I found that what helped me the most was involving her in my crossdressing....(no not that....:daydreaming:)....what i mean is find out what she likes and doesnt like about it, what she thinks looks sexy on you, which shoes go with what dress, make-up tips....etc. Because in our heads sometimes; when you see her looking at you, with that "look", we think its because weve grossed her out....when in reality shes thinking..."hubby, that dress is hideous and those shoes are tacky." So i found that after we "brainstormed" what looked good and what she liked to see on me, my self-confidence went way up.

Sometimes it changes her perspective on things as well. When i had brought up the subject of make-up, she was all "i dont know hunny, it kinda weirds me out, but lets try". She helped me the first few times, teaching the basics. Now when shes getting ready for work and cant get both eyes the same (every other day! lol) guess who she calls to for help!! Lately, when i get fully dressed in character with make-up and all Donni's gothic splendor she smiles all devious, like shes already had something planned for her....

It takes time for us to be comfortable around our wives while dressed. I was seeking advice on a similar subject, i got lots of great advice and opinions, but the one that stuck out the most was very simple. Our fellow TG forum member Mcklinden said....."Own it". This in itself sounds silly, but when you put the dress on, wear it....dont let it wear you. Make the mental decision that when your dressed, it belongs to you, that it is you, and you want to share it with her. All else will fall into place....

Hugs and Kisses
-Donni-

Crissy Kay
06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
I am lucky in that its Ok with my SO if I am dressed up every so often. My problem, is that I feel really silly dressed up in frount of her!!! So lately, I just dress up while she is still sleeping, or is away. I am not sure why I feel this way, I just do.

Diane Elizabeth
06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I still get a bit nervous just letting my SO see me dressed. I do not dress in front of her as yet. Just started letting my bras go into the joint wash. I am feeling okay being seen - jjust not wanting an audience when dressing, especially when inserting breatforms. As time goes on I know I will get over it.

Lexine
06-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Seeing as how I told my SO about Lexi before we even started dating, it's been really easy for me to be myself - a blend of Alex and Lexi - in front of her than anything else. I can still be Lexi and give her the same care and affection Alex gives her when together, at the same time it affords me the opportunity to make fun of the silliness that Alex does in everyday life without having to worry about my SO feeling weird about it.

Alice B
06-28-2010, 01:39 PM
My wife accepts my dressing and even my going out as I did Saturday. However, she really does not wish to see me dressed although she does at times. You bring up some good points and maybe it is time for me t talk to her about it and find out exactly what makes her feel uncomfortable about seeing me dressed. For myself I am not at all uncomfortable being dressed in front of her.

sfwarbonnet
06-28-2010, 02:22 PM
My wife was less than accepting at first - she just said to wear whatever I want at home. I do, I am becoming more comfortable wearing traditionally women’s clothing, and she seems to be becoming more accepting. I started with panties, pantyhose, and a slip with a tee, now no tee. Last night I was wearing a bodyslip and I remarked that it had finally occurred to me that it probably fit so well because it was a plus size slip that was sized correctly at the waist so the hips and bust weren’t too tight. She said that it looked like I had boobs, and that since it was no longer available, she would look for a similar item at stores that specialize in plus size clothing. I found a similar item online, with adjustable straps and a bra top. The bra would not be a major change as she has previously seen me wearing my clip-it slip with a bra top (aka bodice) and lace trim. Next? Stay tuned…

Kaz
06-28-2010, 02:27 PM
No... not ready yet! Big step for me !

tommi
06-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Not gonna happen she hates my dressing and doesn't mind telling me that,
so her seeing me dressed just not gonna happen.

Kali
06-28-2010, 03:17 PM
My SO has no issues with my dressing and often buys me tops or skirts. But the weird thing is I'm really uncomfortable with her seeing me get dressed or change clothes. Not an issue she has; it's purely mine.

Mistybtm
06-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I am lucky in that its Ok with my SO if I am dressed up every so often. My problem, is that I feel really silly dressed up in frount of her!!! So lately, I just dress up while she is still sleeping, or is away. I am not sure why I feel this way, I just do.

I feel the same way and yes she is ok with it but I still feel a little out of place when she is around. But she does not live here so i can dress when she is not. or when she is i also wait when she is sleeping or not around at the time.

Toni_Lynn
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
For those that dress in from of their SOs, how does it make you feel?

It makes me feel just right, and my wife is more than happy to see me doing it. In fact, if I'm in a grumpy mood, she'll say, "Why don't you go upstairs and put a dress on. You'll feel better!"

Its has been quite warm and there we are in the kitchen, or sitting on the bed watching TV, both in sports bras and shorty-pyjama pants. And we are both having the time of our lives

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

mykhelee
06-28-2010, 03:48 PM
With both of the accepting SO's I have managed to find over the years there was no awkwardness or any such bother. They were both a little awed that I knew how to do make up, nails and hair.
If the SO you are with is for real "fine" with everything then perhaps the unease will, well, ease.
If it is because of an underlying, only because you want to, kind of thing...who knows
Hope springs eternal in the mind of the CD. This one anyway.
Peace

Imogen_Mann
06-28-2010, 04:54 PM
How do I feel ?

Well for a kick off I feel happy, because I am dressed. Secondary feelings, however, lurk just beneath the surface. The suspicion that Imogen is accepted, but only with a veneer of good grace, and only because refusal to accept would nail the coffin lid down on the relationship.

What else ? I feel terribly self conscious, I feel aware the I am dressed, and I feel aware that while I want to be 'myself' I am still expected to be himself. The clothes being one thing, but the change of attitude that goes along with the change of clothes... No ! So I feel a little frustrated too, wanting to be me, having to be him in a dress.

As time has passed I have come to terms with things, and in my mind I have have accepted parts of her attitude, and realised that I was mistaken about other feeling I perceived she had about my dressing.

The overview as awkward, but as time passed, it get's easier for us both to understand how we feel about things, and to accept more, and find a happy medium for us both. Yes it's a compromise, but in life... Compromise is a daily fact.

My SO has no issues with my dressing and often buys me tops or skirts. But the weird thing is I'm really uncomfortable with her seeing me get dressed or change clothes. Not an issue she has; it's purely mine.

I feel that too... I really do NOT like her watching me dress and I can't explain why. I just feel that I am being scrutinized somehow.

cdwithplay36b
06-28-2010, 05:01 PM
My SO lets me dress in lingerie at home, and says it is OK for me to do so but she obviously wishes I wouldn't. We have even gone out shopping with both of us in panties but I am the one who brought it up and she has never mentioned it herself. Because of this there is a bit of discomfort on my part to impose this on her. I love her tremendously and have no desire to hurt her or even just making her uncomfortable. It has taken a while to get this far, but the stages do seem to be coming faster. I can't wait for the first time she asks me about clothing or asks me to wear something. Then I would feel way more comfortable in front of her.

RADER
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I could take a quote from all the above Posts.
My wife does not mind me dressing. I could never pass, so going out is
not a problem. I do get a little Sheepish when dressed in front of her in
a skirt or dress. I do not have a wig, nor do I do makeup, But I under dress
a lot, and the wife does not mind. When I get Grumpy about something,
She Tell's me " Go put your Bra on"; I guess I calm down when I ware a Bra.
I usually never get dressed in front of her, but have undressed for bed with
her in the room; and slipping on a baby doll for bed.
It takes a lot for me to ask her to lace up a corset for me, But she did
volunteer one day, That was a shocker. :) Rader

Cristi
06-28-2010, 05:17 PM
When my wife first knew about my dressing, I felt self-conscious when dressed around her. Then there was the time when it was OK to BE dressed, but I felt strange GETTING dressed or undressed with her around.

We've been together so long now that all of that is gone. I can be home with her and completely forget that I'm in a skirt or dress. In the morning on weekends when I get to stay dressed for a good part of the day, I can find myself getting side-tracked by making coffee or bringing laundry downstairs and only later look down and realize I'd only gotten as far as panties, stockings and a bra before getting distracted by something else that needed to be done.

I really love the feeling of forgetting I'm dressed, then looking down while in the middle of something else entirely and realizing that I'd been so 'at home' in a skirt or dress that it just became normal to me.

Billijo49504
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Mine doesn't mind. That's a good reason forher to have lots of clothes. We shop together. The funny thing is when I take a leak, and am standing up, she hollers sit down.:D:o...BJ

lavistaa62
06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
It reminded how she must feel in front of me- I think the self consciousness is a "female" trait. Men feel shy, the female equivalent is physical self-consciousness.

I feel bad in front of my SO because I recognize there's a lot of work to be done, if I looked totally female this would (I'm convinced) not be an issue. Instead, I'm conscious of how maybe my makeup sucks, I'm too fat, the dress doesn't suit, I look like a tube in female pants, etc. All the physical things women worry about on a day to day basis even if they don't admit it to we men- even very feminine men or perhaps even other women.

So, yeah, I assume we must all feel uncomfortable to some degree- it's yet another taste of what it feels like to be on the other side.

carrie-ann
06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm very lucky. My wife new about Carrie-Ann 2 years before we got married. She new I wanted to go full time. I finally did a year ago. She supports me 100%. It don't bother me in the least to dress or wear my clothes in front of her. I don't have any choice I donated all my male clothes to the VFW.

Naomi Rayne
06-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I think being dressed in front of your SO is a mental thing that you and your SO just need to overcome. This whole thing is new, interesting, and scary. I am sure there are still may questions comments and concerned from both parties if her knowing is something new and if you dressing in front of her is also new.

For a while after telling my SO that i CD. She was completely accepting of it and ready to jump right in but i was not comfortable dressing in front of her at first. I started by underdressing in front of her so that i could feel the clothes on me and still appear to be male on the outside. Gradually i felt more and more okay with it as she treated me dressing like a normal thing. It was just something that i mentally had to get over and it may be the same case with you.

Kate17
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
My wife has not shown any interest in seeing me fully dressed and made up. I do spend most of my time around the house in capri's and a blouse with my painted toes & earrings . Occasionally I wear some light make up and usually get a comment or two. She will let me know when the time is right but in the meantime, I am quite comfortable being casually fem around her.

WomanAtHeart4
06-28-2010, 09:40 PM
I have never dressed infront of my SO.
Just accepting my cding has been a long, long ordeal.
I dont know if my SO or I are ready for me to get dressed in front of her or being Stephanie at home. Though she knows of Stephanie.
We have progressed by meeting for a dinner date, me as Stephanie, which was a big accomplishment (I dressed seperately, traveled seperately, and met as friends) and worked out better than I expected. She was quite impressed and seemed to accept Stephanie.. as a friend.
I was the thrill - to just share Stephanie though I never crossed into my male persona during the night. I think she could accept Stephanie but not as Stephen. We had a great night. Talked for hours as two girls; make up, cosmetics, work, weight, feelings, heels, men, clothes, shopping, weight loss, and even ... sex! She really transended.
It really was great as long as I was Stephanie and we kept is seperate from Stephen. I dont think I could ever be drab infront of my SO, or shop or dress - too confusing for her - at the moment.
Though we did have a long good night kiss as two women after our last date!
Progress!! And there is hope.
Oh - the day we could shop together, share clothes, make up and total parts of our lifes!

Love,
Stephanie.
Womanatheart

suchacutie
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM
The very first time I dressed in women's lingerie was for my wife, so I can't relate to being uncomfortable with her. My wife is Tina's girlfriend. They have afternoons and evenings togther, watch those terrible chick flicks together, talk, cook, and just have girl time. I only wish there was more time available for them to spend together!!!!

tina

debbeelee1
06-29-2010, 12:44 AM
I only get dressed en femme in front of my SO anymore. She's accepting and supportive. While I am comfortable around the dozen or so people that I am out too, I think I'd be missing something if my SO wasn't around while I was dressed!

Tasha McIntyre
06-29-2010, 01:09 AM
My wife is understanding and I suppose she tolerates my dressing, as opposed to being supporting. She will not encourage or participate in any way.

If you can dress with your wife present, consider yourself lucky.

Tash :)

PretzelGirl
06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
It was interesting for me. With each progression came a bump up in the nerves. In the beginning, I could be dressed in front of her but I was shy about getting dressed in front of her. Then when I started wearing make-up, I felt some of that return. Probably waiting for criticism or chuckles that never were going to come. Just took a bit to let it sink in.

t-girlxsophie
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
My wife knew from the start that I dressed,and we chatted for months,and then met up for a few weeks till we got to know each other better before I introduced her to Sophie,so we were comfortable together with the idea of seeing me,therefore she has never had any doubts about me dressing in front of her and from then on we haven't looked back.I think sitting down and bearing all may be the best idea for either yourself or your SO it could benefit you both in the long run.

Annalise
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
When I dress with my SO I feel soooo comfortable and good and she treats me like another young woman. Only with the same love I'd usually get behind it. almost like a girl couple. It wasnt like that at first. the first few times i was nervous and shy and afraid. She loves it and I am really lucky. Whenever we spend time together with me dressed I feel like we're just a couple of girls hanging out having girl time practicing make up and dressing up together watching movies eating what have you. Matter o'fact I think me and her ared ue for another girls night. :daydreaming:

sherri
06-29-2010, 10:30 PM
This is an interesting question, even for someone who's not in a committed relationship. Many times I have longed to reveal myself to a friend or loved one, and a couple of women friends usually come to mind as the most likely. But whenever I start imagining that initial unveiling, the little thrill and relief I imagine is overpowered by a feeling of acute shyness, even anxiety.

I'm 98% sure I could trust either of them to be discrete, and I've dropped some very subtle hints to both, but I can't be sure how either would react to the big news in the first place, or to a personal appearance. I think one would stick by me, although she would not approve or want to engage that way. I suspect the other, whom I know quite well, would be amused, and disapprove, and probably quit taking me seriously as a friend.

Which is why, after all this time, I still have not introduced them to Sherri. I can imagine that such feelings would be even more intense with a wife.

JamieOH
06-30-2010, 12:28 AM
my wife has agreed to try to deal with it.. "As long as it doesnt get too feminine" Which I am tryin to understand, but I didnt want to question her anymore about it, as she was getting upset talking about it.. I have been for quite some time now, wearing babydoll's chemise's and other VERY fem nighties to bed, with cute ruffly panties, so not real sure how much MORE fem she could mean, though I dont wear much real fem slothes around her outside of bed.. I think I will start pushing that envelope a bit, and see where it lands. Wish me luck.. I think I should have a heart to heart with my 13yo son too about it.. I know he knows, he has come into the bedroom while I was sprawled out in my nightie, and frillies, to ask a question, so its not going to be much of a shock to him I dont think..

ReineD
06-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Chloe, it could be your own ambivalence in your femme self that makes you feel as if your wife does not like you dressed, even after she has said that she supports you. Another possibility is that you feel much more femme than you would like for her to know? Just food for thought.

A few people have posted things I'd like to also comment on.

I know its very hard for some s o.s , you see for some you become a threat . is like your be coming a woman & for some that is the case

As a GG, I have to disagree with you. Although a GG might be envious of some things like her CD's weight because of the ridiculous standards that society places on ideal female beauty, or the clothes and jewelry if the GG's own financial resources must be allocated elsewhere than her appearance, the fact that a partner crossdresses does not cause a GG to feel any less feminine. She may only be able to see herself in a male/female relationship and thus fear losing her female role in that relationship (as would be entirely natural). Or she may feel as if her partner prefers his femme self more than her. But by no means does a GG feel threatened in her own femininity by a CDing partner, no matter how glam he looks when dressed. The GG knows that fundamentally she is still a GG.

My own SO told me she felt that way in the beginning. She said she felt uncomfortable with me seeing her "in between", which was a shame because this is how I like seeing her best. It just seems the most natural. This did get better with time though. Now it doesn't matter if I'm there or not while she is getting ready to go out.

I feel the same way and yes she is ok with it but I still feel a little out of place when she is around. But she does not live here so i can dress when she is not. or when she is i also wait when she is sleeping or not around at the time.

Please be careful with this. My SO and & I go out frequently dressed, but we've gotten away from the habit of just dressing to stay home, as we did in the beginning before she was fully out and about in the mainstream. And sometimes I've felt that he wanted me to leave because he felt better dressing at home alone. I can't tell you how awful that made me feel. It makes me feel expendable, as if he just puts up with me for the sake of being in a relationship. I know how important it is for him to be her, and when he starts to act as if it's time for me to go, I feel very low on his priority list, especially since I fully support her in either mode.

So I feel a little frustrated too, wanting to be me, having to be him in a dress.

Thanks for sharing, this. It is a thought that I have not seen expressed before. I wonder how many others feel as you do and if my SO has felt this too. If it means anything, I see the same fundamental inner person whether she is dressed or not. There's never any need for her to be "him in a dress". Oftentimes I even see "her when in guy mode". :)

Cheryl T
06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
At first it was a bit nerve wracking. I didn't want to be too feminine in front of her for fear of her reaction. Over time it's become a non-issue. I dress all the time in front of her and I can really be myself without fear. Also, I don't mind being in just my lingerie as I am getting ready and being seen by her. At that point it's just us girls preparing for a day out.

Seems to get easier each day.

Rachel Morley
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
My wife knew I had a femme side when we met but it was her that encouraged it and coaxed me out of the closet, so I have no problems at all with her seeing me dressed (now) but in the beginning I did feel a little shy about wearing girls clothes around her. :o

Nowadays, my wife's 19 year old son knows about me too but I still feel slightly less than 100% comfortable when he is around me as he often calls me by my boy name and acts the exact same way with me as he does with me in boy mode despite me being dressed. I don't want to talk about the same things or answer to my boy name when he's in the room and I'm en femme. Oh well .... :sigh:

shelia_82
08-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Hey girls,
My wife is going to be out of town, most of the day tomorrow made arrangements for a bi girl friend of yours, to come over. We are planning on going thru my wardrobe, finding a sexy outfit, then she is going to do my hair and make up. Got Kiss nail for fingers and toes. Going to go all out, she bringing waxing kit, to make sure I'm smooth as possible. Going to set up a poker game, to be playing cards, when wife gets back. I've got fingers crossed, hoping turns into a striping game after she gets home. Surprise my wife, by being dressed so sexy, and then end up having wonderful wild night!! Wish me luck, and yes I will post pics. Goodnight ladies and sweet dreams

Patty B.
08-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Really like ReineD s input always insightful. First time I dressed in front of my wife I was very comfortable, just two days after I came out to her. But as time has gone on I've found I'm very self consicous in front of her, whether partially or fully dressed. We've shopped together numerous times for both of us and she knows my love of shopping as girls. My self consciousness may be a result of the change in our relationship, my femininity is more noticable to her, I do not always notice it, but she says its there and says she's ok with it because I'm being true to myself.

AKAMichelle
08-20-2010, 07:51 AM
My wife never saw me. Not even pictures of me dressed. But a girlfriend did once and it was intimidating at first. I eventually got over it and had the best time going out with her dressed.

t-girlxsophie
08-20-2010, 08:40 AM
To my mind there has been in my CDing life,no better feeling than when my wife first saw me dressed,had plenty different emotions spinning around in my head,fear,excitement and worries about what would happen if she rejected sophie.Thankfully she loved what she saw and gave me a huge cuddle.I knew then that it was all going to be ok

I love our girlie nights together,our shopping for nice clothes,and when she is on my arm,walking together I burst with pride knowing that she Is by my side and that she loves all of me,and am not scared of anything when am with her:daydreaming:

I vowed from the outset,If I would never take Alisha :love: or her love and understanding of me for granted

:hugs:Sophie x

kimdl93
08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
I'll admit, it was a little embarrassing to begin with just because it was a new experience.. We took it incrementally....partly because there were still teens in the house so I would underdress most of the time. One big step for me was getting comfortable with dressing in front of her...as part of our into the morning routine....putting on undies and stockings, then my office clothes. I was a little nervous the first time, but she put me totally at ease. The first time I dressed completely in front of her, was a date night after she'd been out of town a few days - we made something special of that first time, which helped ease those nerves again.

kymmieLorain
08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
It used to be a bit awkword but now no big deal. But I don't dress fully either.

Kymmie

Tina B.
08-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Chloe, when I told my wife, five years into the marriage, her first reaction was to take me shopping. That same day, and we bought everything needed to dress up, a couple of dresses, shoes, wig, lingerie, the works.
When we got home she was excited to see what see had bought, on me, and expecting to see me so happy, after what I had said about how important it was to me. What she got was a shy, nervous young man in a dress, one that was very uncomfortable, and on the edge of tears. If she had laughed, or snickered, I think I would have fallen through the floor. Let's just say it was scary! I felt so vulnerable, not a feeling I have all that often. The next time I wanted to dress, I didn't, because I didn't trust her when she said it was alright, and I was cute, Cute, was that a jab, or am I really, scary business this. Then I got depressed, I had clothes, and everything I ever wanted, and was afraid to use them for fear of what she would think. Three days latter she figured me out and told me to stop mopping around and go put on a dress, I did, and have been doing it every since. But it did take a few years before I got comfortable dressing in front of her, or her seeing me 1/2 way there. Now it is what it is, we scare the same and dress at the same time, no one gives it a second thought. Just my long way around to say trust her, maybe she does mean what she says, and wouldn't that be great.
Tina B.
Half the time anymore I forgo the wig and forms, and am just as comfortable around her as when I'm wearing it all.

Tracy X Cruz
08-20-2010, 12:10 PM
When I first told my SO, it was more like her telling me heh I wanted a pair of high heel boots cause I love high heel boots and she went on a shopping trip with me and we found an amazing pair together and really since then she has been with me 75% of the time I get clothes.

She is very critical and opinionated but more in how it looks on me and if it suits me then of that my cross dressing she wants me to look good if I am going to to it at all. But because she is critical I do worry dressing around her, but I know that it will get easier just like the old days when I wore guys shirts she didn't like, I will just stick to my guns and keep going ~_^

So I say give it time and try not to worry about it, it will become easier I am sure!

Yvonne York
08-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I honestly feel totally relaxed about it. And more so as the years roll on.

Alicia_lynn419
08-20-2010, 05:17 PM
The first time my (ex) wife saw me dressed, she already knew.. I had told her 3 weeks into dating. She was house-sitting and suggest we have dinner as the girls. As she was doing my make up, I remember almost hyperventilating sitting there. I was so nervous.. but eventually the nerves calmed down and we had a nice evening. After we moved in, I had"limited freedom" dressing at home. I loved getting home early, getting dressed and having dinner ready for her when she got home. Eventually she withdrew her support, but I loved the memory of the night I was dressed, we were snuggling on the couch watching TV and she fell asleep with her head resting on my lap...

My most recent lady friend, who turned out to be a little, er.. ummm, mixed up herself, loved having Allie around, encouraged it in and out of the bedroom and it was total acceptance, even though she said she didn't understand it... she said it was just another part of me (BINGO). Too bad she was not ready for an emotional commitment.

Can lightning strike twice.... three times?

lacie
08-20-2010, 06:12 PM
My wife and I have been married three years now. I told her about Lacie early on in our relationship. She is accepting but I can’t help but feel silly and awkward sometimes when I dress in front of her. Her mood changes just a bit and I feel like she’s studying me at times. (Studying my clothes?) I get a bit insecure and feel as though she may think less of me as a man. These feelings are stronger the longer I go between dressing sessions. So I guess in my case I need to dress more frequently! Overall I think most of it is probably in my head and I’ve got it pretty good. My wife is wonderful.

StacyCD
08-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I have just started wearing a bra and forms to bed so my SO has seen me with a nightgown on wearing these. I guess that means that I have dressed in front of her. The earth didn't stop spinning and she has kind of accepted this level of dressing. This is great progress since it used to be don't ask don't tell. I guess at first I felt a little bit strange but I have quickly become accustomed to being dressed in night clothes, bra, panties and forms in front of her. Next it's shoes!