PDA

View Full Version : Do ANY CDs out there have facial hair?

docrobbysherry
06-28-2010, 08:12 PM
" Hair" seems to be the topic of the DAY!:brolleyes:

So, this seemed like a good time to pose this question.:D

Do u have; beards, 'staches, thick brows, and/or long side burns? If so, how do u manage those when u dress?:eek:

(As u can see in my pics here, I don't have problems with my goatee beard and 'stache! But, I don't go out dressed either!):heehee:
But, how about U!?

kellycan27
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
None of the above :heehee:

Anneliese
06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I have a beard and a mustache. The day I shave it off, is the day I become a woman to all the world. Not ready at this point.

BRANDYJ
06-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I am not judging anyone. But I don't get it. Dress in woman's clothes yet still have facial hair? Every guy that does that has his right to do it. But there is nothing more ridiculous looking then to see a guy with a stache and or beard dressed n woman' clothes. But I don't understand why any man wants to have facial hair to begin with. If I was a GG, I'd never ever kiss a guy that is not clean shaven. To me, they are not crossdressers in the sense of the word most of us use. The old term transvestite is more like it. And I don't like that term anymore then a hairy faced guy in a dress. Again, to each there own, but it's not to my liking and don't want to see it.

Anneliese
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
As you say, to each...

I grew my facial hair between CD phases. Now it's literally a beard. I am a fox (IMO), but until I shave, I'm a guy.

dennisGTS
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
...is this a trick question???

:heehee:

Anneliese
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Bizzare-o-world? Yes.

kellycan27
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
But I don't understand why any man wants to have facial hair to begin with. If I was a GG, I'd never ever kiss a guy that is not clean shaven.

I kinda like that five o'clock shadow on my guy.. makes him look ..rugged. Yummmmmmmmmm :heehee: And..... I know a lot of girls that feel the same way.

Sharon michelle
06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Brandy, your statement "okay but I don't want to see it" sounds like what straight people say about all of us.

linnea
06-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I've never had a heavy beard, but I shave almost every day, and I'm getting electrolysis to remove my facial hair.

christinek
06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
I am fairly hairless. I have a small patch south. I shave or Veet all.

StaceyJane
06-28-2010, 09:30 PM
I spend forever shaving. I go after every little bit of stuble.
Then I cover my face in foundation.
Plus I had my eyebrows threaded recently and I really like it.

PretzelGirl
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Up until about 8 months ago, I had a 'stache. Wasn't a big deal to me as I wasn't going anywhere. Had it for almost 30 years, so it wasn't a quick thought to take it off. Once it was off was when I started getting out.

aggi123
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I keep sideburns. Just cover it up with my natural hair for my pics. When I venture out though, I'll shave them off.

Ashley S
06-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I like my stubble when in guy mode. :) I think I look best with about 2 or 3 days growth, and my ex feels the same way.

I shave whenever I'm doing makeup, but that still only makes for one or two shaves a week.

I had a good goatee going for years, but randomly decided to shave it off once every year or two through that period anyway.

Anyway, more to the point, no facial hair in girl-mode for me.

Joanie_Shakti
06-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I have been crossdressing since junior high in the early 1970s. Until last August, I had facial hair since I could grow a peach fuzz mustache in high school, except for a couple of trials throughout the years when I shaved the hair off then immediately grew it back. A mustache until the mid 1980's, when I grew a full beard. Then a beard until about three or four years ago, when I went back to just a mustache.

I think it was the availability of my webcam and the ease of taking pictures was one reason it all went last year. Before, I didn't have much opportunity to see myself, except in the mirror. Once I could take a more permanent likeness without needing to use a Polaroid camera or set up my darkroom, I realized that I just didn't look right with the facial hair. I sometimes miss it but I look so much better in girl mode without it. I don't look as good as my morphed avatars, which is how I feel when dressed. But when I see pictures taken before the shave, they just don't look right anymore. I haven't deleted them but I don't like to look at them anymore either. I do still have short sideburns, but nothing near as long as I used to wear them.

I looked into getting a mask like you use docrobbysherry, before I decided to just shave it all off. I could only find sources in the UK and didn't want to deal with something like that going through customs. I've had packages sliced open by inspectors before, with little care in sealing them before sending them on. Also, they are pretty expensive and I imagine they would be pretty hot for someone living in the desert to wear.

jazmine
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I keep sideburns. Just cover it up with my natural hair for my pics. When I venture out though, I'll shave them off.

I keep side burns too, and shave them off when i go out.

Vickie_CDTV
06-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Not necessarily a trick question. One can hide small amounts of facial hair with the "glue stick trick", like some use to mask out their own eyebrows and then draw thinner ones on. It would seem like a hassle to do it regularly though.

tanya1976
06-29-2010, 03:22 AM
I can't shave every day because I end up breaking out in spots or shaving rashes so I have to limit it to once a week. I don't really have any issues with facial hair but I prefer being clean shaven and I would shave every day if I could. Obviously when I'm dressing I make sure I'm clean shaven!

erickka
06-29-2010, 05:47 AM
I'm a gorilla! I have to shave, shave, and shave to keep it all gone. I hate the beard shadow showing through 2 hours later.

Rene L
06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Sounds familiar. I met my bride to be in high school - had a mustache then. I shaved it off once when I was in my early 20's, after we were married. She hated it. I've never shaved it off again and probably won't. On the other hand, she hates crossdressing. I love the feel of the clothes. Consequently, between her likes & dislikes and my likes / dislikes and commitment to her, I'm very much in the closet. Oh, and by the way - we celebrate our 30th anniversary in December. (Makes me feel old! LOL!)

Gina's dress-up
06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
I have to keep my stache for my wife, and i hated it i dont like any kind of hair on my body she lets me CD but yet can't shave still trying to figure it out.

DonniDarkness
06-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Hair

I had facial hair for a long time, :D huge chops, goatee, stache...you name it ive grown it. About a year ago i decided to shave it all off and go clean, it was part of this image i felt i needed as a rocker dad. But, it finally set in that it was just a facade for my "male ego"....when i decided to to stop trying to be someone else and just be me.....the face hair was one of the first things to go.

Tomara
06-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Well I guess I'll be one of the odd ones here and say yes I do have facial hair , a closely trimmed beard and mustache.
I do not dress fully or try to present as a woman so it really isn't a problem for me.
I am quite happy with myself and where I am with my cross-dressing and also with my male qualities.
My girlfriend is supportive of all of me and she likes my facial hair so for me that is just one more reason to keep it.

:) Tomara

Loni
06-29-2010, 12:04 PM
i try to keep all facial hair off. no side burns, no stache, no beard. no self respecting lady would have such.
but it is so thick and heavy..or the blades are very cheep (not in cost), as the edge will not last more than two shavings just starts pulling.

and yes i use the better name brands, not the cheep store junk.

Crysten
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Well for me it's the old goatee (never could have one during my 22 years in the military) and I"m letting my hair grow out too. The goatee comes and goes - if I feel like dressing extensively, I shave it off. Either way, no big deal. If I was "out" I certainly wouldn't go "out" dressed with a goatee - only takes me about 10 minutes to shave it completely off. Going out dressed with a goatee would be minimally ridiculous. I understand some folks do it for the shock value, but not I. :)

joannemarie barker
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
No always clean shaven

Vickii*
06-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I am actually going on a beard strike. I have a patchy beard. I like growing it sometimes.... I crossdress more often when i shave. I'm not into the bearded lady look :P haha

LeeBe
06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Back in the day when I was not as serious into crossdressing, (but never the less a crossdresser) I tried to grow some facial hair. Maybe it was my male side trying to make a stand. I got about 4 weeks into and could not stand it another minute. Off it came and that was about 25 years ago. Both my best friends, (not CDs) have had a stache just about the time they were in their early 20s, have to admit they would look strange without it, but I just don't see how they can stand that crap around their mouth. I have had laser and now going through elecrolosis and the thing I dread the most is letting the stubble grow out enough to yank it. Guess I just was not suited for facial hair, CD or not!

Tess
06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Sounds familiar. I met my bride to be in high school - had a mustache then. I shaved it off once when I was in my early 20's, after we were married. She hated it. I've never shaved it off again and probably won't. On the other hand, she hates crossdressing. I love the feel of the clothes. Consequently, between her likes & dislikes and my likes / dislikes and commitment to her, I'm very much in the closet. Oh, and by the way - we celebrate our 30th anniversary in December. (Makes me feel old! LOL!)

That's me almost to a tee. I grew my mustache when I was in the military some 47 years ago before I was married. My wife loves it so its never been shaved off. It got pretty thin when I was having chemo many years ago but even then I didn't shave it. If something happened to my wife I'd probably shave the thing off.

Annalise
06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
I actually have a full beard that is very clean cut. and goes into a goatee and stache in the front. I have had it for years lol I shaved it off once to do make up and looooooooved it. but then I thought it pointless because I didnt have a wig to complete the look. hence the head cut off all my pics. when I get it ill shave much more often. as a guy I was made fun of often for having such naturally femme eyebrows. little did they know it was a compliment lol as for now I guess I am a ruggedly beautiful young lady? lol blek. I wish my wig would come in the mail already :/

t-girlxsophie
06-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Last time i had facial hair it made me look like a Tramp so its never been an issue for me.My Uncle used to have thick Beard in the Winter and clean shaven in Summer (maybe an option for some)

I can understand why many on here keep their facial hair for the multitude of reasons stated,A lot of CDers have other issues that may prevent them from being wholly complete,you can only play the hand you are dealt

:hugs:Sophie xx

brassieres
06-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I do have facial hair. Someday I will shave my beard again.

NathalieX66
06-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Nope.
No more beards/goattees/mustsaches for me, I look like a monster. I have to much hair on my face. There's nothing eloquent about it. I can't even look as good as Johnny Depp or even Brad Pitt. I end up looking like the bearded lady of Coney Island. Some of it is grey which makes me look 50 years older than I am. Eeveryone hates me when I have stubble. Everyone loves me when I don't.
I am preparing to do electrolsysis..... that is my goal when I get my Christmas bonus or income tax refund. I love being a CD'er and I go out in public, and having a 5'0'clock stubble sucks enough as it is. I'm sick of caking on foundation to conceal it. I have nothing to lose by doing so. :battingeyelashes:

JamieOH
06-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I just recently shaved my beard off, I have a mustache and "soul patch", I have been dressing for a long time. I have to keep the stache, it was a condition agreed upon with my wife.. I just cope with it.. I have been underdressing, and even slyly outerdressing.. Today I wore a ladies tank top with a lace trimmed cotton cami under, and blue soft cup bra, and ladies stretch jeans.. VERY tight, absolutley yummy feeling, and I drove to the Walmart to pick up some Redbox movies, and then to KFC for chicken, Sure my boobs looked big, and my stache was there, and my lace even peeked a bit, the straps showed, but noone blinked an eye at me.. At walmart, noone seemed to notice, while driving, people nodded, smiled (freindly, not "haha he's wearin a bra") and at KFC they took my money, handed me my food, thanked me and bid me good day.. no problems, no worries, just a great time, and the windows down, the wind caressing my shoulders, HEAVENLY.. I felt incredible.. I have also driven around in a ruffled sleeveless Peasant top, and a brown sleeveless mini dress... With no adverse reactions. My stache does detract some from my ability to dress fully, in some ways, but I deal with what I am dealt, and try to make the best of the situation... I am working very hard on this, it is important for my emotional and physical well being..

ErikaLeigh
06-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I had a mustache for 20 plus years, and about 5 years ago I just said screw it and shaved it off. I havnt been able to grow it back since, just cant stand facial hair anymore.

Same with the rest of the body, It took me several years to get the courage up and I finally shaved my arms a few months back. Now its just keeping that sasquatch gene under control. :D

Allyson Michelle
06-30-2010, 04:05 AM
yes. Unless I'm feeling really girly, putting on makeup, or taking pics.

Because when I'm in drab, I am well known for having facial hair and I look oh so strange as a guy without it.

krissysSecret
06-30-2010, 08:12 AM
I have a very short trimmed goatee that I wear year round.I rarely go out anymore in girl mode so just hanging out at home with facial hair is not a problem for me.If I have some extended time off or take vacation time, the first thing I do is shave off the goatee and spend days on end dressed up.It feels SOOO much better!All my coworkers know that I crossdress, even all the younger gals and nobody cares. When I show up at work with a clean shaven face...I get alot of smiles because everyone knows what I have been up to. Then I just let it grow back out until the next pink fog hits!
Also, as a guy..I look way better with a goatee than without one. If I looked fine without some facial hair, I'm pretty sure that I would have a clean shaven face all the time.

Proteus
06-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Goatee, moustache, sideburns, the works. Needless to say I can't go out like this as a girl.

SusieK
06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I've never been particularly enthusiastic about facial shaving, so it usually varies from clean shaven to anywhere upto 2 weeks growth. Besides, at the moment I'm spending so much time removing body hair, there's no time left for a regular shave:doh:.

I guess how much effect it has depends what I'm doing. If I'm just relaxing at home, then a bit of facial hair is irrelevant because I can't see it:D.

Susie

Anneliese
06-30-2010, 04:44 PM
When I grew out my beard and mustache, I wasn't dressing. I had in the past, and hadn't thrown anything away, but had no plans to do so in the future.

Intense job stress brought me back to the solace of the dressed world.

As a guy, I look much better with my facial hair, without question.

Someday, I will shave it off, but since I don't go out, who cares at this point. In addition, I am truly using the advantage of "the beard" when shopping, in that I could be shopping for my (very real) daughter.

Sure, those who have good perception would figure me out in seconds, but...

Dena
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
There was a full moon the night of my birth and I have the hair on my back to prove it!

I have a full beard, I rarely get fully dressed anymore so it's not a problem. If I had somewhere to go dressed I'd shave it. As I've gotten older I've grown more and more body hair and less hair on top. So the beard kind of balances out my face in drab.

I've stopped trying to fight my body hair (I have worse 5 o' clock shadow on my chest than on my face)!

Debb
06-30-2010, 09:38 PM
My eyebrows are not well-groomed. I wear glasses and they cover a goodly amount of the brows when I'm dressed (at least, I hope so). A few of the eyebrow hairs are gray, and I cover that up with a light touch of mascara, not enough to darken the whole brow, just those wild gray hairs.

Otherwise, I keep my facial hair in check, and no sideburns; wife says it makes me look younger, anyway.

I shave most of my body, also. It just feels right.

NicoleScott
07-01-2010, 05:28 PM
BrandyJ, what's not to get? Some cd's just like the way it feels to dress up, so facial hair isn't relevant. Some aren't into wigs or makeup, but just like the way their bodies look in a dress, high heels, stockings, lingerie, etc.

Nicole Thomas
07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I have facial hair, but thats because I dress male in public. Im a private crossdresser and I shave once in a while. I do this so i look more feminine, but most of the time, i like to have facial hair to meet my male side

newby
07-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I have facial hair a beard but I don't go out side my house when I dress. If I ever. Get the guts to do so I will shave my face. Personally when I dress and look in the mirror I think I look beautiful. Even with a beard , but love is blind I guess. If I ever get the time to post pics I will shave. Just remember if makes you feel good its got to be good!!!!!!!

Vickie_CDTV
07-03-2010, 01:48 AM
I am quite surprised how many do have facial hair, I would not have thought the number to be so high.

I never had this problem when I was young, as there was family pressure to not have facial hair and to be clean shaven (facial hair was something that the family looked down upon, maybe it was because they were raised as straight laced "anti-hippies" and it was looked at as "dirty".) Once I was able to grow a real beard, it was so thick and scratchy and uncomfortable I wished I never had it in the first place.

Shananigans
07-03-2010, 01:54 AM
My SO rocks the soulpatch and scruff, but I think he's lazy...

Anneliese
07-03-2010, 06:20 AM
I have facial hair a beard but I don't go out side my house when I dress. If I ever. Get the guts to do so I will shave my face. Personally when I dress and look in the mirror I think I look beautiful. Even with a beard , but love is blind I guess.

SO agree! I think I'm beautiful as well when I look in the mirror. Facial hair doesn't matter to those of us who don't go out. Yes, it would look pretty foolish to dress and go out with facial hair. The day I go out in public, if that ever occurs, I will be clean-shaven.

(I have to admit I'm curious what I'd look like, however. It would be fun to pack a suitcase, go to a CD-friendly stylist in another city, get professionally made up, and go out on the town. What would I have to lose? If it was a part of a vacation, I could even be growing back the beard by the time I returned if I chose to do so. I've never had any desire to go to Las Vegas. Not into gambling at all. However, it would seem that would be a good place to have this experience. Cheap flights. Wild city. Lots of glitter and flash so I'd hardly be noticed. Has anyone ever done anything like I've just described?)

joanad
07-08-2010, 06:32 AM
At times, I've had a full beard and mustache. Dressing in private, of course, it's not a problem. A few years ago, however, I had the beard and mustache went out. It was winter and about 32 F (0 C) out. I wrapped a scarf around the lower half of my face. It was a Sunday morning, around 5:00 a.m.

I was walking down the street and was approached by someone asking when the subway opened. (Washington, D.C.'s subway doesn't start running until 7:00 a.m. on weekends, 5:00 a.m. on weekdays.) I told him "seven" and started on my way. Well, he wanted to chat. He didn't know the subway started later on the weekends.

I can get away with some single words or phrases of a couple of words, but my voice needs work. I guess the scarf helped. We actually hung out and talked for about 45 minutes. Did I pass? I think so, but it did not matter, as he treated me with respect as another normal person.

While we were talking, another guy cmae up and asked if either of us had a cigarette. Niehter of us did and he moved on. A "player" came up at one point and talked with us for about ten minutes. His focus was on getting me to come over to his truck, where it was warm. It was clear what was on his mind and it was not simply getting me out of the cold. Other than the fact that I thought it was rude to come up and interrupt two people who were talking to try and pick me up, he was respectful, too.

Opps, a bit long-winded -- anyway, I managed to go out with a full beard and get away with it. Of course, had the guy wanted to grab a cup of coffee or something, I couldn't have done it.

Postscript -- I did it again, still with the beard and scarf, a couple of weeks later. I ran into the "player" again. He asked if I remembered him, as he remembered me. He had not changed, though, as hie still thought I'd be "warmer" sitting in his truck. (I told him I was waiting for my ride.)

AKAMichelle
07-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I hope to begin removing my beard permanently soon. But until then it is shaving time for me.

Sarah Doepner
07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I had a mustache for 20 years and it was fair and kind of thin. When my regular experiments in dressing began to include makeup I had to choose between keeping the mustache and looking better with lipstick. I guess the relationship between me and my facial hair was not based on a serious committment because I shaved it off and have never regretted it a bit.

~Trudy~
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Shave shave shave.

Funny thing was that long before I went crazy for dressing up, my wife wanted me to get electrolysis. She said she made out with a girl once and it was so great because she was so smooth. So I said "I am so there".

I think I paid about 2 grand for my whole face, but it didn't last. I think the lady doing it was afraid of hurting me (it did hurt like blazes) and backed off on the power. So I got kind of patchy for a while, but it all grew back in. Male hormones have their advantages, but that isn't one of them. If I end up with another spare 2 grand I might try it again, load up on painkillers and insist on "more power, Scotty".

Now a few hours after shaving, you can rasp lumber with my face. I just push fairly hard while I "mow the lawn" with an electric razor. I find a plain old razor can't get close enough.

carrie-ann
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
[If that's your thing go for it. Not me I shaved my g-tee and stash off. But i went 247 . So good luck.QUOTE=docrobbysherry;2194055]" Hair" seems to be the topic of the DAY!:brolleyes:

So, this seemed like a good time to pose this question.:D

Do u have; beards, 'staches, thick brows, and/or long side burns? If so, how do u manage those when u dress?:eek:

(As u can see in my pics here, I don't have problems with my goatee beard and 'stache! But, I don't go out dressed either!):heehee:
But, how about U!?[/QUOTE]

RikkiHauser
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM
I have a goatee and don't think I will ever shave it off. I'm not trying to be a woman or even look like one, so I don't do the makeup and wig stuff. I just crossdress.

FindingMe
07-09-2010, 02:52 AM
I don't go out dressed, but with my long girly hair I do often get mistaken from behind, so in many ways the beard was a hoot, as someone approaching from behind would speak to me thinking I was a lady, and then notice the beard.. watching the double take and appologies generally makes my day.

I have been trying to get into the habbit of shaving daily, but the beard still comes and goes every few months, arms and legs I never let grow out, but the beard is quite a beast to tame so I will give up and let it have it's way every now and again.

Anneliese
07-09-2010, 07:29 AM
I have long hair and a decent figure so this has happened to me also...in the distant past. I think my male pattern bald spot probably keeps this from happening these days. That's why it would be fun someday to shave off my goatee, put on a wig, and go public. I have to admit, it's never likely to happen in my home town. Someday...perhaps...a trip to another city where nobody knows me. Shave it off and go for it.

Sammy777
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Do u have; beards, 'staches, thick brows, and/or long side burns?

I will have to say - no, no, no and no :battingeyelashes: