PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing snd family

Cithmore
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I hope this thread is not a rehash in anyway.
My question is I guess 2 parts.
1.) What if any did your early family life factor in with your cross dressing?
2.) What if any is your family's reaction or response in your present lifestyle?

sissystephanie
06-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Nobody in my immediate family ever knew about my crossdressing. My late wife was told about it before we married. She not only accepted me "as is", but also supported my crossdressing for the almost 50 years we had together. My two children now know, and don't care as long as I don't dress around them. They are grown, and live in different areas (although close by!) so there is no problem. Even my grandchildren know, and don't care at all!

kaitlin
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
OK, Number 1...I was an abused child, unwanted and uncared for. Many times I would feel that if I was a girl maybe I'd be loved
and number 2...Everyone in my family (wifes side) that knows about my CDing loves it!

VanessaVW
06-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I hope this thread is not a rehash in anyway.
My question is I guess 2 parts.
2.) What if any is your family's reaction or response in your present lifestyle?

1. My grandparents introduced me at about age 5. They enjoyed dressing me up (stuff was way too big) but I greatly enjoyed it.
2. Parents found out and I was punished. They are in denial and i don't bring it up.

I guess I can't be changed. It is what it is.

BobbiU
06-28-2010, 10:24 PM

None, Just had a desire to try on different things, and continued, and as got older, did a little more, purchased a few bras, panties, pantyhose.

My wife slowly became aware of it (only do at home), and she's 100% supportive.

juno
06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
My parents were supportive of "being yourself". I didn't start CDing myself until later in life, but did other girl things. My mom let me use nail polish, and let my use her pretty girl doll clothes to dress my Raggedy Andy doll. So, I was cross-dressing my doll at age 4.

2.) What if any is your family's reaction or response in your present lifestyle? For me, CDing isn't a lifestyle, just a hobby. I think most of them would be OK with it, but they don't know yet. My wife is accepting, but is not yet comfortable with telling other people.

Vickie_CDTV
06-29-2010, 02:52 AM
1. I was raised in a very dysfunctional home, with a physically/emotionally abusive father who abused me and my mother. I clung to my mother tightly almost until I was an adult. I grew up wanting to be like her and not wanting to be anything like my father. I am sure my close relationship with my mother caused me to be this way.

2. Both parents know. My mother and I discuss it occasionally, with my old man it is "don't ask don't tell" (I have no desire to share it with him anyway.) Neither see me dressed, though my mother has in the past and she was ok with it.

Allyson Michelle
06-29-2010, 05:50 AM
well, my sister was very feminine. she used to dress me and my brothers up when we were really young. i think that kinda launched me into it.

and as for reaction, I'm technically still closeted to them. they have found my web history and "stashes" numerous times, but i usually came up with an excuse like "booty calls". i come from a really conservative bloodline so i fear what they will think of me. i don't think my mom would have minded because one time she found my web history and asked me "do you feel like you should have been a girl. if so tell me. i won't be mad, i just don't want you to kill yourself or something" but i just told her that i was "curious" of what i saw on Discovery Health. She has since passed away, and i still regret to this day not telling her...

kimdl93
06-29-2010, 09:28 AM
I had a basically happy childhood. Lots of siblings...my parents were loving although not very expressive. for me, it seeme that I just had an inate desire to dress & feel like a girl. I did my best to ignore or hide this aspect for most of my childhood.

My wife, sister and mother know, but other siblings do not.

carrie-ann
06-29-2010, 09:54 AM
1st We were farmers Christian home. So no open minds there.2nd I lost most of my family and 99% of my friends My wife I'm married too now is 100% supportive. I'm 247. If you ask me if it is worth it yes it is,but everyone has to consider there own situations.

FemmeElastique
06-29-2010, 10:48 AM
1. My family life and childhood really didn't have anything to do with my CDing. I had a very normal childhood (although my 2 much older sisters say I was spoiled), happy, had all the things I wanted. Basically, as some of you may know, I'm a gay guy who likes to CD. So my childhood was mostly about knowing that I was gay at that age where you start liking boys or girls, just happened to be boys with me, and dealing with it. I accepted it and never tried to change it. Eventually I got comfortable with it. And I think all or most of my family knows by now.

2. Only some of my family members know about my CDing. I currently live with one of my sisters. Im pretty open with her. I'm part of a couple of fetish groups here in Houston and she knows that I have womens fetish clothes that I wear to the parties. I showed them to her, and everytime I buy something new. And she knows about my wigs and actually offered to buy me one when me, she, and her friend went to a wig store once. lol. Her children, all adults and out of the house, know about it too. Everybody's been cool about my sexuality and my CDing. So I never have to hide it. I don't prance around the house in my outfits, I keep it restricted to my bedroom because I CD when I go on webcam and only sometimes in public.

JulieC
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Hard to say. I grew up without a father, and have always had an easier time talking with women than men. Not sure the two things are related, but maybe. I suspect it has more to do with me being something inbetween a man and a woman. If it does, my ease of talking with women rather than men is attributable to how I was born.

What if any is your family's reaction or response in your present lifestyle?

My mother found a stash of pantyhose when I was 13. It went poorly. I got a bible thumping lesson for an hour. It taught me to hide my femme clothes better. We never discussed it again. Were she alive now, I think I might have several discussions with her over time. I'm considerably better educated about the subject than I was, and considerably more willing to stand up for who I am.

My wife knows, and was told long before we were even engaged. Her response was to buy me pantyhose a few days later. There's been a couple of bumps in the road, but she's been essentially very accepting almost all along.

Nobody else in my family knows or is likely to be told or discover any time soon. My kids may be informed some day, but not until they're out of school.

Rianna Humble
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Because I didn't know that I was not the only freak in the world, I never mentioned it to my parents whilst I was growing up. Almost got caught once and I read my mum's reaction as negative (don't think it would have been really), so I buried it even deeper.

All of my family who know so far have been extremely supportive - even my 88 year-old dad. My niece has even announced to me that when she gets married in just over a year, I am to come to the wedding as Rianna.

Danni Kay
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM

None that I can think of. I was the oldest male child, and didn't have an older female sibling. I remember as a kid getting along better with females and wishing that I could be a girl and have long hair, and wear skirts, jelly bangles and jelly shoes (this was the 80's, after all). I expressed an interest in jewelry, my dad gruffly told me "that's for girls". I was never into sports (at least not team sports...I liked swimming and biking) and only had a lukewarm interest in mechanics, and was more interested in art, music, fashion, reading, and other pursuits that my peers regarded as "sissy".

My mom found out when I was 14 and was mortified, and went on a two-hour rant that I've mostly blocked out of my memory. She and my stepdad sent me to a psychologist for being "sick". He didn't make much of my crossdressing, and was more interested in my dysfunctional family (headed by the same mom and stepdad). When he suggested family counseling, suddenly my mom announced I no longer needed to go to him, amazingly enough. My mom and I haven't spoken about the issue since. Maybe she's mentally blocked it out now.

I think my sister knows that I used to wear her clothes and make-up back in my early teens...she would occasionally tease me with something like "Oh, were you using this/these to play dress-up?". Now though, I think she'd not be too comfortable with the idea of a crossdressing brother. My family's pretty conservative and would be really negative toward my being a CD, let alone being TG. They aren't the type who would have a hard time at first but would come around eventually. They'd either disown me or worse yet, try to "cure" me. :sad:

Toni_Lynn
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM

If you asking if anything about it influenced me to start crossdressing, then there was nothing to factor in. I just began crossdressing because somehow it was something that even before I knew about what it was I was doing, I just did it. Getting my first bra and panties was just natural.

What did factor in, though was the abuse that ensued after being found out. It made me paranoid and scared and filled with low self esteem -- all things that only were overcome by more and more crossdressing!

Ah -- officially -- it doesn't exist. I am no longer 'goofy'. After all, I've 'had sex with a woman' (their reasoning not mine). They'd die if they knew that the 'sex with a woman' was whilst I dressed as one :eek: .. and she loves it!

**sigh** if only they took the time to get there heads out of their bums and looked to see the real me. How they tried to kill me, but I survived and blossomed. They'd be presently surprised.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Lexine
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Early on my aunts dressed me up in girl's clothes in a time when they were unsure whether I was going to be a boy or a girl. Also, alternative lifestyles were something of a normal thing in my family, so I was exposed to gay and lesbian people early in my life and come to accept this as normal. In that sense, this is why pursuing something like CDing was normal to me and is another form of expression.

They don't know of Lexi at all because I don't think they need to. I don't intend on being Lexi while around them anyway.

newby
06-29-2010, 07:15 PM
1.) i grew up with 4 older sister's but only one would dress me up dress's make up . She would also have me put on cloths to see how they would look before she would go out ,that way she wouldn't ,i enjoyed it very much. 2.) the only one how knows is my wife and so far so good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annalise
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
To start off with, My father was often out of the picture. My sister used to use me as her toy you could say when we were children. We played with dolls and she dressed me up in her halloween costumes which were mostly dresses and fake jewelry. I started out like some of the people on here have said. I tried on my mothers and sisters clothing around the second or third grade. Shes older so she got the further developed clothing which I got into. I kept doing it and sneaking around and have done it ever since. I guess I just felt like it was normal and it was what people wanted. I felt I could be so much more attractive and wanted as a girl. It felt right. I wasnt the most strapping young man growing up. at least not until high school. I do it more now and take it more seriously than ever before. I think growing up around females and being trained to enjoy early on helped. I always wanted to be pretty. not so much handsome.

I hear so many success stories of how peoples parents totally accept them or at the least bit think its ok. I honestly think that my mother's heart would be broken at first and my father would not talk to me for a while and just be in shock. My mom might eventually accept me with the "you'll always be my son" mentality which I dont mind but will still bother her. She says she raised us to be colorblind and open but listening to the way she talks when we watch tv and how she judges things and people she seems to be a closet racist or conservative. I guess she just didnt want her children to be that way which isnt a bad thing and means there is still hope. yet again maybe not enough. I guess we wont know for a while. I would love nothing more than to have my mom still be there for me and support me and maybe even treat me like another daughter between just me and her. I would love to be able to do this at home and feel 100% ok with myself. Maybe somewhere down the line. I know when I move out or move in with my SO Ill go nearly 24/7. The SO knows and loves me more because of it. She misses this side of me whenever its on break and would love for me to do it as much as possible. That is enough for me right now.