PDA

View Full Version : Lingerie Shopping

Rochelle 5
08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Can some of you ladies tell me about your experiences in shopping for lingerie and where you have been welcomed by sales personnel in making your selections. I recently tried on bra's and panties at Frederick's in a local mall and the sales person was very helpful and enjoyed getting me many selections to try on. She did check to see how each item fit and made recommendations for the final sales. It was a lot of fun!!

I had one other time when I was trying on various items at a store and two ladies became very interested and were picking out items for the sales lady to have me try on. The sales lady would ask me how items fit and would open up the door to take a look and the ladies would be standing very close and observe with each item they selected.

My other experiences have not been well received at such places as Macy's Sears and other mall stores. I have tried on panties and girdles at JC Penney's, but was sent to the men's department with my items.

Laurie Ann
08-24-2005, 06:58 PM
I have a GG friend who owns a lingerie store and she does pretty much the same thing for me. She is used by many of the crossdressers in the area and I have been able to meet some of them and they have been very helpful.

tifftg
08-24-2005, 07:05 PM
I have had very professional help and terrific suggestions at a number of Victoria Secret's across the country. It sounds like you are comfortable sharing that the items are for you and they will help you size and purchase appropriately. Great selection.

Hugs,

tiff

Foxy Lady
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
The Lane Brynt in our mall is very nice. I was fitted for a bra at our local Penny's with no problem.

Rochelle 5
08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I do feel very comfortable telling a salesperson that the selection is for me and asking for assistance as it makes the experience more exciting. I am a little reluctant to ask to try things on, but I have become very comfortable in some situations depending on the salesperson. My wife has been with me on occasion when I shop for panties and does let on that we are together. She likes to listen to the discussion I have with the salesperson after the initial shock when they know the purchase is for me. She did come up to me one time when I was making the purchase, gave me a kiss, and asked if I found everything I was looking for. This got a few smiles from the other ladies in the department.

I will have to see if I can get a bra fitting at Penny's. I would to try some bras and panties on at Macy's but I am reluctant to ask.

Sigrid
08-24-2005, 08:30 PM
I would to try some bras and panties on at Macy's but I am reluctant to ask.
I'd never consider trying on panties before buying them... I doubt any GG's would do that either.... ick. You ought to know if you would best fit into S, M, L or XL without having to try them on every time you go in to buy them.

In April, I was in Dillards Deptartment store in Scotsdale, AZ. I was in the lingerie department looking for a foundation garment for my waist. I spoke with the Sales associate and told her what I was looking for and that it was for me. She measured me and selcted the best size for me. It was very near closing time and, since there were no other customers around, allowed me to use the fitting room.

Rochelle 5
08-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback Sigrid. I will check out Dillard's if I get to Scotsdale.
I usually do what size will fit me in panties, but I do like the salesperson to know they are for me and to try them on if acceptable. Other items I try on because I am not sure of the fit ie. girdles, slips, bodywear and especially bras. Trying on the items is all part of the experience for me as it is very exciting, and a lot of fun if the salesperson helps in the selections and advises me of what she thinks of the fit. If the salesperson seems to feel uncomfortable I will not attempt to try things. But in the limited times that this has happened that has not been the case and it seemed the salesperson was very receptive and enjoy it as much as I did.

BigGirlJane
08-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Just yesterday I went to a small lingere shop 50 miles from where I live. The owner of the store was very helpful and freindly when I told her it was for me.
She said she has several other girls that buy from her and wondered if I might be interested in meeting some of them, she thought it might be fun for us to get together. It was my first time shopping for myself and I was a little nervous but she put me at ease. Since I am a Big girl she did not have my size in stock but got out several catalougs and helped me find what i was lookin for in something that would fit me.

A very good experiance, much to my surprise

Miss Vicki
08-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Question.... When trying on bras at the stores? I am wondering, Is the hair on your chest and back shaved off? Or do the ckerks help fit you au Natural?

Franki Kate
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM
For me, I made a special fitting appointment at speciality bra store in Portland, Oregon. I was ther for nearly an hour and spent many dollars for the undergarments I sought. Among the items was a training bra that was suggested to help form chest into more that of a female. The owner has kept a file on my fitting sizes and each time I am in the area I stop in and try and purchase something new.

Rochelle 5
08-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks Ladies for the input, keep them coming!!
Miss Vicki,

My back has always been shaved as my wife prefers it that way and thinks it looks a lot neater. I have just recently started shaving my chest and it was that way the last time I visited a store. The sales person seemed much more receptive to this than the first time. My wife is not sure about how my chest looks shaved, but says it is OK if I like it that way. My wife loves my genital area shaved and likes the looks of my legs shaved as the hair was always erratic.

Miss Vicki
08-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Thans for the reply. For some reason, I did not think that a hairy man could just walk in to get fitted for a bra. However, I just wanted to know how accepting the stores were. It would be a lifetime dream come true to go to a Fredericks and be able to try on clothing for about 3-4 hours. I would probably max my credit card. Thanks.

mchelle
08-26-2005, 08:54 AM
i have posted some of my shopping before somewhere....
used to do mail order, then printed a letter i found like from a mistress to give to salesgirl asking for help. that worked well in a Fredericks where she helped me pick some items. another time i used it at a diff Fredericks, the salesgirl did help and let me try on some things. another girl came back from break and she read the letter im sure as the first girl kept it up front, she asked if everything fit and i handed her something that didnt..still not having the nerve to open the door the whole way. i heard and saw her trying not to laugh when she came back (the door had slats i could see out some)
next time at Victorias a little older saleslady helped pick things for me, going to the back to find sizes and i got to try on bras and nighties. she kept checkin on me lookin in the door as i had bra on. she came in to help me w a nightgown and i just had bikinis on, had shaved.
diff Vickys not helpful and not allowed to try on.
last time at another Vickys, had some help and she let me try bra on.
i have gotten to try on a skirt in store, didnt fit and they recommeded Torrid where i tried on a pleated skirt i bought. another store i tried dress and skirt and the dressing room door was short, i could see some people going by. knowing i was just in bra n panties and they were walking few ft away was a rush. did buy the very short skirt.
and i was at a gentlemans club where i got private time and was allowed to put on skirt while w the girl and i had on bra n thong. all the girls going by wanted to see, and another girl came in. they all liked it. and supposedly some of them may go shopping w me to help. it was very nice to b able to sit there with young pretty women while one of them put makeup on me. i asked for a thong to take w me and the 1 girl was nice enough to bring me a pair of her boyshorts to take. i tried them on later and now think im hooked on them and will have to buy some.
so the shopping before was a way to get some lingerie and to get some humiliation i guess as i liked the girls knowing it was for me. but i would love to have someone who would take me shopping.
and i do need help w shaving, or Veet, or should i try waxing?

Rochelle 5
08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks mchelle,

I have been tempted to try things on a Victoria Secret not had the nerve to ask. I will have to try one a little outside the area where I live, so I do not run into anybody I know. Frederick's seems to be very receptive, as I think they have been told to assist CD's in most of the stores knowing they probably will have a sale of multiple items and the CD will be back time and time again if treated well and offered assistance from the salesperson.

It is a bummer when a salesperson gives you a dirty look or is very rude. I always tell "sorry for the inconvenience" which draws a faint smile as I leave.

Krystal Lee
08-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Rochelle,
I have always found an initial contact helps, ie I will often buy some panties or a slip etc... then call a few minutes later and talk to the same sales person I bought from.

On calling I will say something like "yes I was just in to buy My panties and was wondering if I come in and you are not busy would it be possable to use a fitting room and try some things on?"
Frequently the reply is "of course". :D

Sometimes the responce is not favorable so I don't press things with those people and have found that trying again another time with a different sales person will result in a yes answer. :thumbsup:

I have been shopping at some places for so many years that I recieve a big smile from of the girls when I walk into the lingerie area. It is a thrill knowing that they know. Just something about being in lingerie on one side of the door and the girls being on the other side and knowing I am trying things on is exciting. :o

Keep on shopping and enjoying! Hugs Krystal.

Rochelle 5
08-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks Krystal!

This sounds like a good idea, I will have to try it next time. I agree it is very exciting to try on lingerie when the sales person or customers are right outside the door and you can hear them talking. I have been fortunate that the limited experiences have been good. It was fantastic when a sales lady was helping me and opened the door with two ladies next to the door. They were surprized at first but started to pick out items for the sales lady to have me try on. I could hear them outside the door talking about what I may look good in and having the sales lady bring them to me. Each time opening the door to see how the items fit with the ladies standing in front of the door smiling. I am sure they will not all be like this but it was a wonderful experience.

MsEva
08-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Only had the cahonees to admit it one time. I was shopping at a fetish store in Georgetown, Dream Dresser...really cute and helpful sales girl asked if the purchase was for me..gulp :o ,,,a yes,,yes it is..Oh would you like to try on some of the things..well I just about flipped out..that was easy! I tried on several items and purchased a few and just about floated out of the store. :rolleyes:

gennee
08-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Rochelle 5:

I had no problem picking out lingerie. Panties have been a breeze and I was looking at bras yesterday and today :D . I've tried on my wife's bras and I have a idea what my size is :D .

Gennee :) ;)

mchelle
08-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks Krystal!

This sounds like a good idea, I will have to try it next time. I agree it is very exciting to try on lingerie when the sales person or customers are right outside the door and you can hear them talking. I have been fortunate that the limited experiences have been good. It was fantastic when a sales lady was helping me and opened the door with two ladies next to the door. They were surprized at first but started to pick out items for the sales lady to have me try on. I could hear them outside the door talking about what I may look good in and having the sales lady bring them to me. Each time opening the door to see how the items fit with the ladies standing in front of the door smiling. I am sure they will not all be like this but it was a wonderful experience.
that would b the best! i have had some very helpful saleswomen and 1 or 2 have seen me in what i was trying on. and yes, the rush of bein in the dressing room in lingerie and someone working or shopping a few steps away is wonderful

Leilani68
08-28-2005, 05:58 PM
No problems shopping for Lingerie for 2 reasons:
1) Don't worry about others (no shyness)
2) Wife shops with/for me alot :love:

Rochelle 5
08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks Ladies!(MsEva, Gennee, mchelle, Leilani68

MsEva
I have been to the Dream Dresser in Georgetown you are talking about many years ago when I used to travel a lot. I did not try on any clothes but purchased some very interesting leather and chain accessories that I still have to this day. The harness and **** restraints are the most popular with my wife. I still receive their catalogs on occasion.

Yes mchelle it was a wonderful experience. I thought about it over the weekend and I think I will go back to the store sometime this week and try on some things. Hopefully the same sales lady will be there and will assist me again. I will probably go early in the morning to avoid a crowd, but still hoping there will be a few customers in the store.