PDA

View Full Version : Trends, or things i see...

April Renee
06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I work on a college campus and see many trends come and go. The latest I've seen for the last few months is the younger gg's have been wearing nylon sweat pants with the waistband rolled over two or three times and showing a pair of shorts underneath similar to the male "pants on the ground" look, and to me its a little conflicting with the way most gg's are self conscious about holding the back of their shirts when bending over as to not show any skin or intimates peeking out from low rise jeans. Most times when a young guy is walking by with his pants under his butt showing off some funky faded old pair of boxers gg's say "yeah that's gross and I don't need to see all that"...Now I'm not saying what the gg's are doing is gross, just a little similar with some "style" added. And it still draws the so called "unwanted" looks from guys checking them out...I just want to yell sometimes "Pull your damn pants up and finish getting dressed!!". If you don't want me to see the top of your a$$ or panties then get a belt or buy something that fits. There are many many sizes and items of clothes I know this,....I've been to the stores!!!
And with a few other current threads about capri pants, I've seen more guys wearing a lower "cut" of shorts and in no way do they look like "shorts". They may be purchased by and marketed to men but they aint no "board short" they are crops,capris',peddle pushers or whatever. Its the stigma of them being referred to as "capri pants". My wife recently reminded me of that when I was heading out the other night when she asked.."You got your capris' on huh"?....."Yup" I replied as I got my keys and kissed her g'bye.
Any thoughts or input?
April

DonnaT
06-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I work on a college campus and see many trends come and go. The latest I've seen for the last few months is the younger gg's have been wearing nylon sweat pants with the waistband rolled over two or three times and showing a pair of shorts underneath <snip>
If we can go out in a skirt, don't see no reason them there girls can't dress as they like.

RADER
06-30-2010, 02:52 PM
APRIL:
I agree with you about boys wearing their pants below their but.
One of my grandsons was doing that the other day, I just pulled down his pants in a flash. It was easy, they did not have far to go anyway, so I helped them out as it were. Now he was standing in front of about 15
people at a yard party, in is birthday suit. You never saw someone react so fast. Now most of the older people at the party started clapping; Only the
young ones objected. I do not understand the reason behind the baggy
pants idea. If you did that in school when I was growing up, Well let say
you would have a red bottom.
I think society took the wood shed out to soon. I survived it, so did many
others. Sorry for rambling on, you just lit a fuse. LOL Rader :2c:

Ze
06-30-2010, 03:43 PM
If we can go out in a skirt, don't see no reason them there girls can't dress as they like.

:thumbsup:

I don't enjoy such looks, either, but this is definitely the attitude to carry. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should automatically go away. Avoid hypocrisy!

Joanie_Shakti
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I do not understand the reason behind the baggy
pants idea. If you did that in school when I was growing up, Well let say
you would have a red bottom.

From what I understand, it started with "gangster rap" and emulating the thug persona. When a person is put in jail, their belt is taken away so they can't hang themself. So when appearing in court with handcuffs on, the pants would have a tendency to sag as they couldn't use their hands to hold them up.

I can't really be a judge of another's clothing choices while I sit here in a dress and trying out my new sweater (and the very first I've owned). But one of the funniest things I read at the weird news sites is when a criminal is caught because his pants fell around his ankles while being pursued by the police. :lol: