PDA

View Full Version : finding a new dr...

nikkijo
06-30-2010, 10:07 AM
im sure everyone here at some point has had to find a new primary care physician... but i had the last one almost ready to sign authorization to begin HRT yesterdays visit was supposed to be with her and psych for a final evaluation... .. i was actually going to ask her yesterday if things were ready to move forward but before i could... she told me it was her last day.... and we all know how people are on their last day of work.... so now i am having to start over with a new doc...

any advice out there so i can resume a productive track to eliminate this little probmem of not being able to begin what i need to, to make my life happy.....

CharleneT
06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Ask her to write a summary for the new doc. Seems likely that you could move forward without much delay after that.

Hephaestus
06-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, get something in writing. I had a therapist who was ready to write me a letter, but then he passed away.... now I've got to start all over when I can afford it.

nikkijo
07-01-2010, 01:15 AM
now for the oh so fun part..... asking the family friend who is my dr's instructor and mentor to track my dr down since i also know she was ending up in nyc before the end of the week.... oh boy... just awesome.. almost easier to start over some times...

Katesback
07-01-2010, 07:17 AM
ALL the information you would ever need to become EXTREMELY knowlegable about transgender medicine is rite here on the internet. The best part is that the information is published by DOCTORS that are TRANS competent.

I will not tell you where to look, but I will say that it only takes a internet search.

Countless trans girls before you have gathered the information and printed it and then went to ANY doctor and educated him/her and created a NEW trans competent doctor.

You could do the same if ya wanted. I promise it is not rocket science above and beayond what they already know.

KAtie