PDA

View Full Version : Hearing your femme name

ReneeT
06-30-2010, 04:53 PM
i was in a business meeting today with a colleaguee named Renee. I jumped every time someone addressed her! I have to watch myself so i don't answer!! Any others have this experience?

BobbiU
06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow, interesting experience. Glad it worked out ok.

tammygirl79
06-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I haven't gone out in public enough enfemme yet, to here someone call my name. So when i here my female name when i am in drab does get my attention, but I have never made the mistake in answering to it. I think i would actually have more of a problem if I heard my male name being called while I was out enfemme.....i would probably hace to catch myself from answering to it.

ReneeT
06-30-2010, 05:18 PM
i would actually have more of a problem if I heard my male name being called while I was out

I thought that would be a problem too but it really hasn't. When i hear my guy name in Renee mode i really don't even react

NV Susan
06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
It's the same with me Renee, if I hear my guy name while en femme I don't react at all. I do get a little thrill when I hear Susan while en femme or not. Luckily I haven't answered to Susan while drab....yet!!!

donninacd
06-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Maybe that's why I chose an unusual name. When I was out last weekend I shortened it to "D". Anyway mine means "sl*t" in Italian. How that will make me feel will probably depend on who's saying it :slap:

Kathi Lake
06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Definitely! It's tough not to jump or respond when I hear "Hey, Kathi!"

:)

Kathi

Jocelyn Quivers
06-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes, it's very weird if not eiree feeling whenever I hear "Jocelyn" being called when out in the outside world. I usually will always snap to attention as a natural reflex. It also will cause my wife to giggle as well whenever shopping and we come across a sales associate with my name as well.

Starling
06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
You don't hear "Lallie" too much outside of babytalk, so it hasn't been a real problem for me. It would be much worse to hear my male name when I was dressed.

:heehee: Lallie

SummerJ
06-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I hear my name all the time, but its pretty much never directed towards a person. When I picked my name I didn't fully grasp the repercussions of having the same name as a season of the year :doh:.

I do smile every time I see a thread entitled "summer clothes" :D

Rachel Morley
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Yep .... me too. There's a couple of "Rachels" at my company and when I hear someone talking about "Rachel" I always think about myself. Last month I was standing in the middle of the purchasing department talking to a co-worker and I heard one of the buyers call out in a loud voice "Hey Rachel" and look directly at me ... I nearly died as I thought that somehow even though I was in boy mode, she knew all about me ... yet unbeknown to me, standing right behind me was the manager of that department and her name is Rachel! :whew!:

Keely
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
The first time I heard my fem name out loud was from Davida on the phone. Strange :doh:

jenna_woods
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree it has happened to me also, was eating at a resturant alone wen I heard someone say HI JENNA, I almost said hi before I relized they were talking to a girl that had just walked in. we do have to be careful.

Mikaela
06-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Mine is only a problem when I hear someone say "Holy crap, I need to get some nutmeg on this eggnog."

Actually no. I don't go by it, but if I did....

Alice B
06-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I hear mine every time I play golf. A standard statement when you leave a put short is "nice put Alice!" I smile every time I hear it and use it myself all to frequently.:heehee:

Starling
06-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Alice, is that a reference to The Honeymooners?

:) Lallie

PretzelGirl
06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I have the reverse problem. When I dress and shop with my daughter, I always answer when she goes "Hey Dad, check out this top!".

Teri Jean
06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Renee, when I chose my name I decided that my given name feminized was the way to go. So from Terry Gene ot Teri Jean was simple for me and also for those I know and work with. Now the thing that gives me a head turn is when somebody refers to me as she, her, mam, or miss. The gender pronouns has been the lastest work in progress. LOL

Teri

Marcella Camira
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Note to self: don't go out with daughter shopping. LOL. Thanks for that one!

AlisonRenee
06-30-2010, 10:56 PM
My son burned a CD with a random bunch of music for me once, and one of the songs he put on it was Elvis Costello's "Alison". That kinda startled me, but I don't think he knew... just a song he liked. I had never heard the song before that, but had been going by Alison en femme for quite some time by then.

donninacd
06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
My son burned a CD

Do you visit him in prison :tongueout

5150 Girl
06-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Well,, when I hear my fem name, my head does go on a swivel, but then again, asside from a few celebrities, it's not the kind of name one hears every day unless you're on a reservation.

AlisonRenee
06-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Do you visit him in prison :tongueout

Good point, I shoulda clarified that. Compact Disc. :)

Nicole Erin
07-01-2010, 12:12 AM
There are not many Erins out there.
But the rare times I do hear it, I do respond as a knee-jerk reaction.
Some know me only by Erin.
I don't respond to Nicole, cause tho it will be part of my femme name when I change it someday, I just, Erin feels most natural.

AKAMichelle
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Definitely, I had to talk with Michelle at a client's today. Her boss has been on the phone with me before and hollered to Michelle and I responded. Had to get out of it by saying that I wasn't paying close attention.

Beth Wilde
07-01-2010, 05:27 AM
I did turn round on one occasion when someone yelled "Beth, hang on"! My friend who was with me asked why I'd looked, "well she was so loud"........ :-)

tamarav
07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
I work with two other "Tamaras" in a hair salon. We have agreed to individual nick names rather than being called "Tamara number one, Tamara number two or three". I have been called "Tams", "Tami", "T", "Bitch" and many other names, but hearing "Tamara" called out still perks up my ears...

carrie-ann
07-01-2010, 07:53 AM
I guess I'm lucky my real name is Carey I go by Carrie-Ann. My new name will be Karen if the court approves my new name. So Karen I don't here a lot and it don't phase me yet because I haven't ever used it yet.

ReneeT
07-01-2010, 09:12 AM
These are some really interesting (aandd funny) responses! It amazes me that we have so many similar experiences

Samantha B L
07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
It gives me pleasure to be called Samantha. But I have to be cautious and remember that S__ is my real name and "Samantha" ain't what it says on my birth certificate. I've signed emails to redneck freinds as Samantha and slipped up and told people that my name is Samantha when introducing and shaking hands. It's strange though. Usually they think you're just trying to get attention with an off color joke at your own expense.

NicoleScott
07-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Renee, I have had this thought (maybe even a slight fear) that a friend, family member, or co-worker would suspect I'm a cd, maybe by seeing my pic and femme name online such as on this site, and call out my femme name hoping to trick me into a response. So, yes, I have thought about it.

Karen__Starr
07-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Last month a man looked straight into my eyes, in the middle of the day and said hello Karen as I was walking down the street with nobody else even close by. I said hi, he smiled and I kept on walking. I am so curious why he called me Karen since I did not recognize him and I was in between mode, not male not female but more on the female side I guess thinking about it now. What would be scary is he recognized me from a Craig’s listing I posted around that time. Usually when men recognize me in that realm they will follow me but he didn’t thank goodness.

ArleneRaquel
07-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Arlene is not a common name, IMHO it is somewhat old fashioned.

Nicole Thomas
07-01-2010, 06:22 PM
not yet, but i can see how that happens

pink femme
07-02-2010, 02:13 PM
i Love to call myself Alice and when talking to some GG i refer to Alice coming out to play :daydreaming:....when in meetings in work I hear the name Alice I really do get distracted and lose my train of thought completely from the point......never mind eh:heehee:

If only I had been made differently....who knows, I may have wanted to be Andrew

Krissie1962
07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
only a couple of freindes Know me as ,and call me Krissie. and that is not often .I am very happy to have my girl name on address lables and recieve mail for krissie .I also have store credit cards and things in my girl name it is a transformation .some day mayby I could just have never been my ug male name.honestly , I was with a man a few years ago ,and when he requested somthing and said please Krissie ,somthing said in my spirate its ok ,I am the women .I am still happy to be a women,but the way I was addressed by my girl name , was so "perfect" that day Ill allways be Krissie.:daydreaming: