PDA

View Full Version : New therapist, new makeover

ReneeT
06-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Yesterday was a very good day. Since my wife and i continue to be at odds over my TG status I located a counselor with GBLT experience for us to talk to. I reaally wanted my wife to engage with her, but, after about 2 mos, she has not. So I made an appt for rmyself and went yesterday. Our discussion went EXTREMELY well, and she clearly has an appreciation for things transgendered. She was very objective and insightful, and we laid a foundation for what ti see as some every beneficial dialogue. I am really optimistic. Now if i can only get my wife involved with someone. . . . As an aside, I dressed in a mixed gender mode (that's beecoming a preferred presentation when i can't do full makeup - call it my RLE), and the therapist had the thoughtfullness to ask me how i would like her to addresss me. That really resonated.

I had to return to work, but in the evening i had some play time. I recently picked up some new shoes and sskirt, so i planned a night out. I did my usual transformation routine except eye makeup and visited the local MAC counter. The artist there, Larry, is a local perforrmer and he did very complicated (5 shadows) but very awesome look. He wrote the steps down for me and i bought all 5 shadows - 95 bucks worth! Unfortunately i had to cut my night short as a friend called and i had to meet her at the hospital (she is ok), but all in all it was a very good day...

tifftg
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I know what finding an understand therapist meant for me. You are so comfortable with who you are and what incorporating all these aspects mean. Be patient with your wife, understand that the implications for her are huge and not part of her original bargain.

I so hope you find all the happiness you deserve..

Keep us posted.

Hugs,

Tiffany