PDA

View Full Version : how can you tell if somebody else is a crossdresser

andrea35
06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I think that this question has been ask before, but are there any signs or words to find out from someone else if that person is also a crossdresser?

Nicole Erin
06-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Crap you really cannot know. I mean unless they have a lot of signals, like guys with thin eyebrows, shaved legs, and kind of "pretty"

But for real, think of this - you see some FTM guys who look like bad boys, what if you saw them on the street? You would think it was just some "tough guy" not knowing he is genetically female. Or what about some GM's who are totally masculine except when they dress?

So yeah unless they are dropping obvious signs, you really cannot tell.

JenniferR771
06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
If they are shopping for dresses or high heels.

Megan70
06-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah... if you see garter tabs presed against their trousers, and a tight bra starp going around their back pressed against their shirt.
Of course the smell of White Diamond perfume on Ernie the truck driver is a dead give away too.

For real: You can't!

Marcella Camira
06-30-2010, 10:14 PM
There is no way too tell. I got an answer for everything that might give me away! Most people wouldn't beleive you, if you told them I was. LOL. I got two answers for the shaved legs.......LOL:)

bianca66
06-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Or the guy infront of me today that also bought 3 sets of pantyhose...Unless he was just a really great husband :heehee:

sterling12
06-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Perhaps if they stand in The Middle of Town Square and repeatedly scream out, "I'm a Crossdresser!" I would tend to believe them!

Perhaps if you ran around to All The Dressing Rooms at your local Department Store. You could throw back The Curtain in each room and see if some guy was wearing Women's Undergarments! That might work!

Or, you could keep hanging around here! It's a safe bet that if I go by Joanie and I'm writing in The M to F Section, I am probably a Crossdresser! (yes Ladies, and transmen, I know you all sometimes write in this Section, I'm taking "Poetic License.)

And you folks thought there were no easy answers in Life!

Peace and Love, Joanie

donninacd
06-30-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure but I'd like to try by dressing in such a way to elicit visible signs of arousal and if those signs are evident and they ae wearing women's clothes, bingo :eek:

AlisonRenee
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Or the guy infront of me today that also bought 3 sets of pantyhose...Unless he was just a really great husband :heehee:

hey, you never know.... a long time ago when I was married I often picked up pantyhose for my wife when I went to the store, at her request. I wasn't dressing at the time, cross my heart. I've bought them for my daughter too. It was good practice for when I started dressing again later, since by then I knew how to read the size charts on the packages... and I'd gotten over any fear of being seen buying pantyhose.

One clue that the hose may not be for the guy in front of you at the store is the presence of feminine hygiene products in the cart. I've done that too. Bought them, I mean.

nvlady
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Rubber band on the left wrist on Fridays.

Andy66
07-01-2010, 12:50 AM
The Secret Handshake. :lurk:

Jenna Lynne
07-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Lip gloss, any shade.

Or maybe, if I read the original question again, maybe you're sort of implicitly asking, "There's this guy I know who I think may be one of us. Is there any way I can find out for sure?"

That depends on how comfortable he is with where he's at. You could try saying, really casually, "Hey, the other day somebody was asking me about the difference between men's shoe sizes and women's shoe sizes, and I'm not too sure." This will elicit one of three responses:

a) A blank, baffled shrug. (Either he's not a cross-dresser, or he's good at hiding.)

b) A startled, guilty look. (He's a cross-dresser, but leave it alone.)

c) "A women's size 12 is the same as a men's size 10. Who was asking you about that?" (He's a cross-dresser, and is willing to own it. Congratulations -- you've made a new friend!)

*** Jenna ***

Tasha McIntyre
07-01-2010, 03:00 AM
That's a tough one. Maybe you could look for traces of eye liner or nail polish that was not properly removed.

OR

Ask them! Hey dude, are you a crossdresser? If the answer is yes, then there is a better than fair chance he is. If the answer is no, then he is either unwilling to admit it to you, or he is not a crossdresser. :tongueout

Tash :)

fallen_rayne
07-01-2010, 03:04 AM
hey, you never know.... a long time ago when I was married I often picked up pantyhose for my wife when I went to the store, at her request. I wasn't dressing at the time, cross my heart. I've bought them for my daughter too. It was good practice for when I started dressing again later, since by then I knew how to read the size charts on the packages... and I'd gotten over any fear of being seen buying pantyhose.

One clue that the hose may not be for the guy in front of you at the store is the presence of feminine hygiene products in the cart. I've done that too. Bought them, I mean.

The mark of a good husband; running out to your local convenience store at 3 in the morning to buy that monthly product.

Angiemead12
07-01-2010, 03:07 AM
hehehe I wish I could tell but even my brother dint have a clue that I was a crossdresser!

Joanne f
07-01-2010, 03:57 AM
but are there any signs or words to find out from someone else if that person is also a crossdresser?

Yes , it is "excuse me but are you a cross dresser" :D

eluuzion
07-01-2010, 04:30 AM
That's easy!
Just ask him. After he answers (probably with a "no"), wait and see if his nose grows or his pants catch on fire. :o

It is possible to find out anything that you want to “know” about anyone. You just have to ask the “right” questions and orchestrate the timing and delivery.

It is similar to “detecting” lies and recognizing “liars”. Are there any “tricks” you can use “tomorrow” on your “target”? Sure, there are many books with “tricks” you can experiment with. But just like anything else, the credibility of the results produced will be dependent upon the quality and quantity of the resources you invest. ( i.e. “tricks are for kids”, lol)

If you are asking if it is possible to “read” people, the answer is yes. But it requires sound knowledge of human behavior and kinesics (cues…body language) to develop the skills to do it accurately. It is far too complex to explain the techniques in a forum post.

Good Luck!
:love:

Allyson Michelle
07-01-2010, 06:40 AM
One can usually never tell who is a CD. In my male life, I am very masculine. I wear muscle shirts and cargo shorts. Nobody would ever suspect me, but then again, I have a homosexual friend who happens to be a CD and even in his male life, he wears makeup so...

Anneliese
07-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Someone who looks very feminine who's shopping for women's clothes. I have run into a couple.

Someone who has arrived at the exact same spot in the exact same section in a large library. The transsexual/cross-dressing section, who also happens to be pretty. I did that one time also.

Some people just LOOK like they'd look better in women's clothes. They are often with women. I know this is NOT any kind of actual sign, but I'm sure it's true some of the time.

Joanne f
07-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Perhaps if they stand in The Middle of Town Square and repeatedly scream out, "I'm a Crossdresser!" I would tend to believe them!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I suggest that you do not do that in my town though,:laughing:

Sorry Joanie could not help that one, :D

tamarav
07-01-2010, 07:42 AM
I meet a lot of people who are questionable about their original gender. I have never asked if they are, or are not a crossdresser. I simply assume that they want to appear as they present to me, so I go with it.

carrie-ann
07-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Since I'm 247 It's easy as a rule some one will say some thing about what I'm wearing ie I like them shoes or wear did u get that or I wish I could dress at work or all the time.

Charleen
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
There was a woman selling art across from where I work last week and I'll give you even money she was one of us. Very male body and movements. I noticed but all the tourists took her for what she is. I thought it was pretty cool. As I told a friend, takes one to know one sometimes.
P.S. I got busy and didn't have time to go over for a chat. I hope she's back this weekend.

sandra-leigh
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Satistically, there are probably about a dozen MTF CD at my work-place. I've been looking around trying to figure out who.

There are two that have unusual hair, one rounded and a lot of volume, the other long enough that it is worn in a pony tail; the big-hair fellow I haven't ruled out yet, but the pony-tail fellow doesn't give me the right "vibes". We have a guest worker that does somehow give me the right vibes to be a bedroom dresser, but I have no idea how I arrive at that perception.

I am not the only guy at work with earrings, but the relatively few others are always small male-like hoops that seem permanently stuck there; I haven't observed any of the other guys going through a variety of guy styles let alone going through a variety of dangles and other styles (i.e., makng it clear that I didn't just get my ears pierced as a macho thing but that I like wearing femme earrings)

I haven't observed anyone else wearing even a fraction of the variety of tops that I have. The closest is that the fellow in the next office over sometimes wears a pink mens shirt.

If anyone were to look carefully at my ankles they'd see me go through a pretty odd variety of "socks", some thin enough to be pantyhose, some plaid or vivid colors... and if they were to happen to notice me bending over to get something from the vending machine, they might notice the tops of my tights or they might notice my unusually colored microfibre panties (some of which have lace at the top).

If the idea were to get into someone's head at work that I am a CD, it wouldn't take very many days at all to be pretty confident -- and yet there are only two guys at work that I have intuitive suspicions about with no proof.

Kaz
07-01-2010, 09:15 AM
There seem to be two sides to this question and answers...

1. Can you spot a CD girl when she is in male mode (drab) and say... oh yes gotcha!

2. Can spot a CD when she's in girl mode... the same.

1. I've never looked! I have several give-aways... no hair on my arms and legs... eyebrows are shaped (not excessively, but "trimmed") and sometimes I may have clear nail polish on my hands and or my toes (sometimes my toes are coloured, but then I don't show them in male mode!).

There are indeed answers to all of these and reasons for them that have nothing to do with CDing! And most people don't even notice! Even if they do, they will not automatically think "CD"! They'll fill in other reasons... There are lots of "normal" guys now who shave their bodies and "groom" more, especially the young.

Yeah... bra straps and suspenders could be a give-away! So I wear checky shirts and loose fitting trousers if I am having one of those days!

2. This is about passing. I have spotted a few, but I know what I am looking for! I have spotted some girls who "could be"... I suspect the ones I spotted were (to me) very obvious. What is interesting is that no-one else seemed to notice - well... demonstrate that that they had!

But I regard "spotting" as a hobby of mine...! I have learned a lot from the bservation of others!

Kaz xx

Mirani
07-01-2010, 09:20 AM
is this another "Spot the Tranny" thread ;)

sometimes_miss
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
No way to know, without any blatant girl clothes on him. Eyeliner, metrosexuals wear it. So do actors. Anybody remember Kiss and Gene Simmons? Rockers wear make up too. Nail polish traces? Try paint on your fingernails, and in a rush not to get it all off.
But it's still one in forty; there are a lot of us out there. Another clue; shaved arms and other body parts on older guys; most of us aren't in the swim teams. You can excuse parts, for example, the chest for a stress test, or legs if you wear support hose. But if you're basically shaved pretty much everywhere but your head, well, hmmmmmmm. But you're not going to notice that in Walmart.

Rachael Ray
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I meet a lot of people who are questionable about their original gender. I have never asked if they are, or are not a crossdresser. I simply assume that they want to appear as they present to me, so I go with it.

Perfect response Tamara!

TinaMc
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM

Could have been a bank robber...

Kaz
07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Could have been a bank robber...

Or a truck driver... many wear tights, especially in the winter... they work!

I have used them (well cut up bits!!lol) as windshields for microphones and filters for other things... Some thongs (I have heard) make great slingshots! :D

Faith_G
07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
If you see a guy in a dress, he's probably a crossdresser. :D

I can't believe nobody said that yet! :heehee:

sandra-leigh
07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
If you see a guy in a dress, he's probably a crossdresser. :D

Or a Drag Queen, or comedian, or a participant in a charity event, or a participant in a political protest, or an actor, or employed by a "singing telegram" service, or ... :heehee:

eluuzion
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
"The biggest one I ever bagged was a "145 pounder " at a shoppin' mall back in 67'. It took two of us to reel er' in'. Those were the good ole' days before all those preservatives made em' slow-n-stocky....No fun anymoe'...

:D Sorry, couldn't resist...this topic always conjures up images of hunting and fishing stories in my head. hehehee.

:love:

Rianna Humble
07-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Seems to me the most reliable way to tell is if you see someone who sometimes wears "women's" clothes and sometimes wears "men's" clothes, then there is a chance they are a cross-dresser :eek:

sandra-leigh
07-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Seems to me the most reliable way to tell is if you see someone who sometimes wears "women's" clothes and sometimes wears "men's" clothes, then there is a chance they are a cross-dresser :eek:

Or a Drag Queen, or a comedian... :heehee:

We are starting to get in to the definition of "cross-dresser": some people say that it is the action of wearing the clothes of the "other" gender, by which definition Drag Queens would qualify. As has been generalized before, though, Drag Queens usually want to switch back to their regular clothes as soon as practical, whereas people like me want to wear female clothes more. Well, more obvious female clothes in my case :D

Karen564
07-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Very easy really...

Just look closely at anyone dressed to the nines in the supermarket... lol
Dress, stockings, heels, wig, etc.....

And if she also has a full mustache, chances are...well, you know......she's probably a CDer ............lol

But theres some that you can't tell in a million years because their either really young or really old..

Randeee
07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I am really new to this CD life. Haven't even got any clothes yet.
Apparently I am still a bit conflicted.
BUT
I saw your picture. No part of my mind can grasp that you are male. Even the pictures on your website are all woman.
If you are an example of what awaits me then my conflict is diminished.
Most pictures I've seen of CD's are obviously male and not that passable as women.
If I just met you in person I would not have thought CD or a male.

Randee

Rianna Humble
07-02-2010, 04:23 PM
if you see someone who sometimes wears "women's" clothes and sometimes wears "men's" clothes, then there is a chance they are a cross-dresser :eek:

Or a Drag Queen, or a comedian... :heehee:

I suspect that you are only playing devils advocate, since I did not say anything stronger than " there is a chance"

But you are also right to say

We are starting to get in to the definition of "cross-dresser": some people say that it is the action of wearing the clothes of the "other" gender, by which definition Drag Queens would qualify.

I am someone who does believe that the functional definition applies, which is why I still count fetishistic cross-dressers as cross-dressers.

For me, if someone cross-dresses (for whatever purpose) on a semi-regular basis, then they are a cross-dresser. I accept that others may believe that there is some other quality needed to make a person a "true" cross-dresser, but I would hope that we can agree to disagree.

Since there is more than a strong probability that I am TS, when would I be cross-dressing on your scale? My psy accepts that (for me) it is when I pretend to be a man. :eek:

Karen564
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
I saw your picture. No part of my mind can grasp that you are male. Even the pictures on your website are all woman.
If you are an example of what awaits me then my conflict is diminished.
Most pictures I've seen of CD's are obviously male and not that passable as women.
If I just met you in person I would not have thought CD or a male.

Randee

Umm, 1st girls that comes to mind that fits that description to a T is Kellycan or Monika, but wasn't aware they had a website??? :eek:

Think you'll see that many of the girls in here are absolutely gorgeous & my hat goes off to them....well, that's if I wore a hat ...lol

Charisma
07-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Shaved legs is not a give away. Body builders shave hair off every inch of skin, guys who tend to look like Big Foot/Sasquatch tend to do it as well. I hate seeing bigfoot in the locker room at the gym, shave it off or cover it up.

brassieres
07-04-2010, 06:58 PM
A male may not know if another male is a crossdresser or not, but here are some cues (speaking from my own experience here):

*Knows much more about women's clothes and sizes than the average guy.

*Taunts women with such things as (Heels, pantyhose, etc.) are not bad, you are just complaining about them.

*Women have it easier than men, they can wear whatever they want, especially in summer at the office, where woman can wear dresses and skirts, but men must wear pants.

I think those can be tell tale signs.:D

sandra-leigh
07-04-2010, 07:41 PM
*Knows much more about women's clothes and sizes than the average guy.

For years before I knew I was a cross-dresser, I knew more about women's clothes and sizes than my wife did :D

You may be a (latent) cross-dresser if, when your wife is shopping for a bra, you correct the sales clerk about the bra style :o ("No, no, that's not a balconette, that's a push-up bra!")

brassieres
07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
For years before I knew I was a cross-dresser, I knew more about women's clothes and sizes than my wife did :D

You may be a (latent) cross-dresser if, when your wife is shopping for a bra, you correct the sales clerk about the bra style :o ("No, no, that's not a balconette, that's a push-up bra!")

Sounds embarrassing.:o