PDA

View Full Version : broken pinky makes it inconvenient to shave/dress

donninacd
07-02-2010, 08:40 AM
So the pinky I broke "out and about" last weekend requires surgery. I wasn't drunk (yet) and though wearing block heels at a club, the floor was wet and it could have happened to me in drab, just one of those things.

I've only been dressing much the last month or six weeks anyway, and its been one of the longest periods I've stayed clean shaven in the past 15 or more years. The splint/cast I will have on my hand makes it pretty inconvenient to shave so I will let it grow back for a month or two.

I think I will miss how, if the mood strikes me, I've been just a quick shave, lipstick, wig, mini skirt, fishnets and heels away from being somewhat presentable. (Without doing eye makeup, I could be ready in 30-45 minutes. But I do love the way my eyes looked the couple odf times I had a GG help me. Have to pay attention to how she does it next time) All that other stuff besides shaving will be too inconvenient too. Guess I'm glad I'm not a GG.

I will try to make the best of July, and probably August "off". Have lost 15 pounds in the preceding 3 months, maybe I can lose 20+ these couple of months and get down close to a size 12 skirt.

Anyway I'm rambling, guess I'm sort of curious how others, particularly part timers, have dealt with dressing while injured (full-timers I could understand: you have no choice, you gotta live it anyway).

debbeelee1
07-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I broke one of my pinkies too a few years ago and the thing I remember the most is I kept banging it on everything! Keep it well protected!