PDA

View Full Version : Should I or Shouldn't I?

Cassandra Marie
08-25-2005, 03:43 AM
About five weeks ago I was shopping for a new dress online from one of my favorite women's apparel stores. They have quite a few actual stores located all around the area where I live too. Well, I noticed a link at the bottom of the page that said "careers," so I clicked on it and found that there was an online employment application. Just for fun I filled it out with all of my "real" personal information with the exception of my first name, I used my sissy name, Cassandra, instead. Under the line "Desired Position" I wrote in "Salesgirl/Cashier." Feeling a little naughty and mischievious I said, what the hell, and clicked on the submit button and never really thought about it again, that is not until yesterday. (08/24/05)

Yesterday my cell phone rang and when I answered it, the woman on the other end asked to speak to Cassandra. Without even thinking about it, I said in my most feminine voice, "This is Cassandra." Well, to make a long story short, it was a woman named Lorraine and she is the Personnel Manager for the store and she set me up with an interview date. I'm supposed to meet with her on Friday 09/02.

My question is this...should I, or shouldn't I follow up and meet with her? I'd love to see your thoughts and input about this. Please vote in the poll I have posted.

Thanks,

Sissy Cassandra

Foxy Lady
08-25-2005, 04:10 AM
Keep the appointment and wear the dress you bought there.
good luck.

Shining Star
08-25-2005, 05:34 AM
keep the apointment it could be what yove been searching for

Colibri
08-25-2005, 05:48 AM
I am not sure they may think you just put down your sex wong or you may have a female name. Boy named sue by Johnny cash any one!

Elinor
08-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Well John Wayne's real name was Marion!

Still it would be an adventure to turn up wearing a dress. :)

They most likely expect a male with an odd name :(

We had a guy who became known as BIG DADDY his real name was Shirley, I kid you not! He was a wrestler.

Still it depends how confident you are while wearing a frock.

jessbcuzz
08-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Go for it. How knows, you could work your way up to doing commercials. Maybe an add like "this is what our clothes can do for a man. Notice how beautiful he looks when he's dressed as a women. Imagine what our clothes can do for a real women!" Anyhow, keep us in formed.

Sigrid
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM
If you seriously want the job, you should call Lorraine and let her know that you are in fact a m2f crossdresser. She may wish to continue the interview with you as a male... who know's she may even be ok with you coming in as Cassandra.

If you come into the interview as Cassandra and they are expecting a GG, they may feel that you intentionally tried to decieve them (did you check the M or F box on the application?) and that's a pretty good reason to reject an applicant.

If your not serious and really don't want the job, call Lorraine back and respectfully decline the interview... no explantion necessary. No need to waste everyones time.

Katie Ashe
08-25-2005, 12:27 PM
You'ld be crazy not to. I hope you get it to.

I hate you, i'm so so jealous. :p

Katie Lynn
08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
If you seriously want the job, you should call Lorraine and let her know that you are in fact a m2f crossdresser. She may wish to continue the interview with you as a male... who know's she may even be ok with you coming in as Cassandra.

If you come into the interview as Cassandra and they are expecting a GG, they may feel that you intentionally tried to decieve them (did you check the M or F box on the application?) and that's a pretty good reason to reject an applicant.

If your not serious and really don't want the job, call Lorraine back and respectfully decline the interview... no explantion necessary. No need to waste everyones time.

I agree with this. I would definitely call back and tell them that you are a cd'er and see what they say. The worst thing would be that some stranger laughs, then cancels your interview. With the chance of even getting an interview as Cassandra I would go for it. It could lead to alot more fun, and I know I would absolutely LOVE a job where I could sell female clothes as a females.

Good luck though!

Tamara Croft
08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't think it's a good idea you turning up as Cassandra. She is most likely expecting a GG and like Sigrid said, decieving the woman just isn't right. You should phone her back rather than put the woman in that position. Put yourself in her shoes and think how you would feel if someone did that to you. She might be all for it, accepts you for who you are, but at least have the decency to tell her.

Jasmine Marrie
08-25-2005, 01:17 PM
keep the appoinment cassardra and go for it

Kath
08-25-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm with the ones that suggest calling Lorraine back and explaining the true situation. That way you are respecting her time and who knows perhaps she will want to take it to the next step anyway. (Why do I really doubt that?)

In any event keep us posted on what you do.

Kath

urban gypsy
08-25-2005, 02:46 PM
you must be looking for a new direction in life otherwise you would not have summit the application form. but ring her back and make an appointment under your real self and see what happens
big hugs
joanna

Maddie Knight
08-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained. :thumbsup:

RachelB.
08-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Search your concisence and do what you think is right. :)

Jenny Beth
08-25-2005, 02:56 PM
As fun as it might be to show up as Cassandra honesty is always best. People don't like mind games played on them and that's exactly what you'd be doing. She offered you an interview in good faith, the least you can do is call her and explain you meant no harm.

Joanne08
08-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I agree with Sigrid. Be truthful and you may get a job there. What's right for you? A job in a women's apparel store under no false pretences or no job.

Best of luck in any situation.

Love, Jo

NatalieBliss
08-25-2005, 03:40 PM
It's been said before but...

If your serious call back and let her know what your situation is. If she still wants the interview, then all is good. If not maybe you'll have an inside track on shopping there. I would go in drab, but if you ask and she is cool with going as Cassandra then... cool.

If your not serious then call and cancel.

Personally I hope you follow this advice because while I defeniatly appreciate the fun of shocking people it presents an image of our little community to the "norms" that is not necessarly bad, but I really don't think it would help.

Christina
08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
I would agree with Natakie (and several others) about explaining the situation. If she still wants to interview you, go for it.

MsEva
08-25-2005, 04:11 PM

I am with you sister. Otherwise, she may think it is a joke and you will loose any chance of being hired. A local restaurant had a TG maybe preop girl as a hostess. This was at a rather upscale restaurant at our fancy mall. I wish you the best.. :)

Deborah_UK
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
I think I'd like to run another poll from the respondents - are any of those who say "go for it" out? It is so easy at a keyboard to be brave for other people.

Personally I'd follow the more sensible lines, such as those suggested by Sigrid, Jenny Beth and others.

If you really want employment as Cassandra (as a crossdresser as opposed to a TS lady) then it beholds you to come clean. If you are seeking employment as a pre/post op TS then that's a completely different story, but any level of deception could see you disbarred from the job anyway.

Julie York
08-25-2005, 05:17 PM
My question is this...should I, or shouldn't I follow up and meet with her? I'd love to see your thoughts and input about this.

Are you sure about that? You want to know MY thoughts?

Firstly if you want a job you are stupid.
Secondly if you were serious you wouldn't use the name Cassandra if you didn't intend to use it, so why the need to ask your question of us?.
Thirdly, if you were a genuine TS you would have more gumption about how to do it properly and more respect for the people you applied to for a job.
Fourth. Yes, I am a grumpy sod, but it's this sort of "let's pretend" on the forum that gets on my wick.

P.S.: Anyone who is planning on telling their "I was a bridesmaid" story, had better brace themselves.

Thank you.

Jodi
08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Cassandra, I would recommend that you call them back and explain that you are a cd, and that you would like to work the store in guy mode.

I have worked part time at both New York & Co and the Limited. Worked in guy mode. Both stores knew up front that I was a cd and it was not an issue. Stores (the corporate office) are very strict about their dress code for employees and the image that is shown. Being a cd is fine, but working the floor in drag may not fly. It would not have flown in either store where I work. The work can be fun, and you get to see the newest fashions right out of the box. The store discount is great also.

Good luck

Jodi

Phoebe Reece
08-25-2005, 07:33 PM
If you are serious about working for that company, you've got to be completely honest with the Personnel Mgr. Dishonesty will kill any chances for employment there permanently. Call her up and explain your situation and ask if she would be comfortable with you showing up for the interview enfemme or would she prefer drab. Honor whatever the Mgr. prefers.

If you are not serious about getting the job, regardless of dress mode, you should call back, cancel the appointment and apologize for wasting their time. Someday you may really need a job and it's better not to go around burning bridges behind you.

Rochelle 5
08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Yes, go for it!! But I agree with the other gals you should call and let her know who you are and what you are all about and tell her how you would love to work in her store as Cassandra.

What a thrill if you get the job. Good luck Cassandra!!

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-26-2005, 12:18 AM
'K it's been said before, but having hired people in the past...

If you're serious, take Phoebe's advice. Aside from people not being thrilled at what they see as mind games, deception is an automatic disqualification in a job candidate. Plus you run the risk of being tagged as a "perv" -- remember most people aren't familar with CDing, so they're likely to assume you're trying to get hired in a position where you can sneak peeks of women changing.

If you're not serious, take Phoebe's advice. Burning bridges unnecessarily isn't a good thing.

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 01:51 AM
P.S.: Anyone who is planning on telling their "I was a bridesmaid" story, had better brace themselves.

Thank you.
But I was a Bridesmaid! Then I rolled over and woke up butt naked in the middle of Guatamala! NOT!!!!!!!

Seriously, this forum can do wonders for peoples courage, but let's also remember certain situations can be easily fantasized beyond reality by believing everything all of the time. CDing is not a widely accepted lifestyle. It has still not been given the proper light for everyone else you may meet. Most think it's a perversion or a sickness you can just get cured from.

TS's have a difficult time drawing the line because we want so much to be considered what we feel we are. Yet society still has little knowledge of us, and may even feel freightened. Plus when looking for work the employer looks at you as a representative. So going en fem without knowing if they will accept you is aweful risky. I too agree with Phoebe. Give them the choice and if they say yes then go for it:) At least you'll know before you get there and find out the same answer.

Either way good luck Cass

Cassandra Marie
09-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Well the poll says that I should go ahead and go through with it by a 1 vote margin. However, for the sake of not causing any problems I called her back as of yesterday (8/31/05) and explained the situation. She was very nice about it and even giggled a bit over it. She thanked me for calling her and I apologized for the inconvenience it may have caused. She said that she hoped I would still be a regular customer and I assured her that i was. It was all over in 30 seconds and I feel better that I did call.

I just want to send out a great big thank you for all of you that took part in the poll and sent along your advice. It was greatly appreciated and I hope to be able to help advise any of you in the future should you need it. Thanks again.

Yours,

Cassandra

Katie Ashe
09-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Should have gone in anyways, even after the phone call, she could have changed her mind :strugglin