PDA

View Full Version : a scientific experiment of sorts

JamieOH
07-03-2010, 04:24 AM
There is a common "argument" on here that we as CD'ers create this "society doesn't accept us" in our minds, whereas the CD'er believes that we are mocked and looked upon as freaks everywhere we go, and that people are hiding in bushes ready to jump out and say "AH HA! CAUGHT YA!"

So, once again, I got my stretch jeans(very tight, and no doubt they are fem jeans) tossed on a blue soft cup bra, 38B, Lace cami, and fem tank, and headed to the post office and to the Redbox.. Driving down the road, one dude, with tattoos, in a beat up car with some other dudes, all looking very "REdneck tough" looked over at me, my bra strap and spaghetti strap from the cami were both VERY noticeable, the lace was showing ,and I had VERY noticable cleavage.. He looked right at me, smiled, waved, and looked back at the road... Never said a word.. never made a funny face, his smile was genuine, it was a "how ya doin on this nice day" kinda smile, I have a dark mustache, I am not wearing makeup, hair is short, MAN short, And I have boobs and lace..

I got to the post office, got out of my car, dropped some stuff off that needed mailed, A man held the door for me, I was called sir, not ma'am, but wasnt presenting as a woman, was presenting as a man in lace.. No big deal, noone gawked, noone balked, everyone was courteous, At walmart, for REdbox, had to go in, as it is inside the store, People walking past noone freaking out, noone laughing, at least that I saw.. Those I did see, hardly even noticed me.. very interesting indeed... Next up, if I can get the nerve, DRESS with pantyhose and heels! AKKK! Lord give me strength for this one...

Christina Horton
07-03-2010, 04:33 AM
From what I've seen not many people look up from there own little world to "see" anyone else besides the people in there lifes.

I've thought of going out fully dresses from the neck down and seeing who "sees" and who does not. I was out in the halls of my apt checking the mail like that once when a man saw me. He smiled when I smiled at him and went on his way.

So I don't think people will care to much you just might get more looks but that all I think.

msniki48
07-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Jamie, Let me say that I admire your courage.

As one of those girls who is constantly trying so hard to stay under the radar...and finding the older i get the harder it is...hopefully some of your courage , and not to care attittude, will rub off on me.

thank you so much hun:battingeyelashes:

NicciB
07-03-2010, 06:29 AM
I think when you actuall try to give off the 'Please don't look to close' vibe, folk look closer. When you walk around with confidence, giving off a huge smile and the vibe....'Yes I'm a man dressed in pretty clothes' folk often just get on with what they're doing.

I feel sure that we CD's do create some of our own problems mentally and that our ablility to blur the lines regarding what we wear is becoming more....er well acceptable in lots of ways; irrespective of age IMO.

When in Covent Garden a couple of years back, Eddy Izzard was quite happy chatting to people who recognised him....and because he was confident in his black leather skirt and knee high boots etc, I didn't see one person give him a dodgy look.

I'm not saying that there haven't been a number of CD's that have been shouted at or worse.......I'm saying that most of the fears we may have is purely that...........just a fear.

KerryLynn
07-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Its so true and a great idea. Most people ((I find)) dont care if you dont care. The trick is be confedent I live in redneck hell in the bible belt but you know only 2 people has given me an issue for a swimsuit One said gross then the other 10 people who were there with me all came closer like they wernt gonna let anything happen and the other time a guy says are you wearing it I said yea and then just walked away. So girls I can say now adays people are more forgiving for you being yourself than trying to pretend otherwise ((Thats when they start getting werid))

Just my 2 cents. ((I have change comming right?))

Love ya
Kerry

Michaela42
07-03-2010, 08:16 AM
You know, I have been thinking about this lately. I wonder how much of what we consider 'feminine' is the product of the media? What I mean is that if we are not size zero, five foot three inches tall, and with size seven feet we are not 'feminine'. I have been working in public the last few weeks and i have noticed a lot of very attractive women lately who definitely do not fit that 'ideal'. Some of them have the features we try to hide/avoid to 'pass' such as very tall, big bodied (fat or just big), and what not. My observations (and stories like above) are giving me renewed confidence that as long as my outfit is appropriate (sorry seven inch heel platforms :sad:) that I might just be able to pull the off (going out in public I mean).