PDA

View Full Version : more feminine

Michelle8
07-03-2010, 03:42 PM
It seems to me that many of us are more feminine or girly
than most females. From your pictures and my own experiences
we prefer to wear dresses and prettier clothes than real girls.
Not to mention makeup and high heels.God I love my heels
I'm getting used to 5 inch heels and I love them.But you always
hear girls complaining about them.Do you notice this too?

Mirani
07-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Ah well, you see - a genetic woman is real, we are playing at it. A CDer is never more feminine that a GG ... just perhaps some of us like or need to, play with the "feminine" accessories. :)

My Lady Marsea
07-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm like so not playing, I'm dead serious in this whole aspect of my life. Not good to use "playing" or wutever as a general CD wrap-a-round.

Mikaela
07-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Without going into the "they are real, we're not" arguments or some of the fetish wear, I think it is a lot simpler than that. For many of us, we have a limited selection of outfits that we've chosen and those outfits are going to likely identify with Not Male as much as possible. It could be patterns, colors, materials, heels, skirts, dresses, etc.

The larger the collection and higher the likelihood that the individual will be going out and not just dressing in their home, the more likely it is for them to have clothing that is more casual and what a GG would wear in those conditions. (female tees, jeans, flats, lighter makeup).

Inna
07-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Gosh girls, we are who we are, like for real, only pretend. And who is to say the person in the proper?..... side of the mirror is not a pretender, ha. As far as I, the princess in dreams, do not see real people but dreams on legs strolling down boulevard occupied by vapor of their ethereal dream scape. I am important-one says, i am sooo irresistible-other one disillusions, I am so down and so on all the lost souls and dreamers. So you see we are not that different. Just feel your self and if skirt brushes against you silky stocking and feels heavenly to you, dream on girl for dreams is what life is made of.

NicoleScott
07-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Michelle, I get what you're saying. Some of us really like the feminine clothes, makeup, high heels, etc. I can't explain why I'm attracted to over-the-top makeup/dressup, but here's how I see it for myself. Those things that are obvious visual differences between men and women (how we look, not the hardware), I tend to be strongly attracted to exaggerations of those differences. Both in my taste for how women dress, and how I like to dress. Some examples are: women wear makeup - I like heavy makeup that really bring out the eyes and lips, deep red lipstick, long eyelashes and lots of eyeliner. Women, not men, wear high heels - I like really high heels. I like short skirts, smooth legs and pantyhose to show off nice legs, long painted nails, glittery dangly jewelry. And on and on. Whatever is considered feminine, I like to exaggerate.
But I'm a part-time, dress for pleasure CD. It does take a lot of time and trouble to make up and dress this way, and I'm not complaining. I like not just being made up and dressed up, but really enjoy the transormation process itself. But if I were a GG, I imagine that I would not want to do every day what I do only occasionally. A lot of women never wear makeup, dresses, and high heels. And some do only on special occasions. I get that, but I still like to see women at their ultra-femme best.
So speaking for myself, and perhaps for some others, I like very feminine fashion, so I try to dress that way. Sure wish more women did.

Michelle8
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I agree Nicole I love every thing about dressing as a woman
and I tend to dress up as nice as possible

Babette
07-03-2010, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE]
It seems to me that many of us are more feminine or girly
than most females. From your pictures and my own experiences
we prefer to wear dresses and prettier clothes than real girls.

Michell, I'm having a hard time accepting your first line about many of us being more feminine or girly than most females. I have yet to see too many GGs that didn't exude femininity regardless of how they dressed.

As for us wearing dresses and prettier clothes than real girls, I had to remind myself of where I bought my pretty clothes - in a real girls clothing store. I don't usually go about dressed in nothing but the finest of female attire. However, if I go the trouble of taking photos, I strive to look my best. I don't think anyone would like to see me at my worst.

I'm getting used to 5 inch heels and I love them.But you always
hear girls complaining about them.Do you notice this too?

I love the looks of heels but like many women, I find flats, sandals and tennies more comfortable and practical.

Just my thoughts on the matter,

Babette

Kathi Lake
07-03-2010, 07:29 PM
We dress the way we do because we are trying to overdo it and mask our masculinity, not enhance our femininity. Women don't have to. Simple, but it works for me - because I'm, . . . you know. Simple.

:)

Kathi

skirtsuit
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
As a fetish CD, the things that are the most feminine and different from guy stuff is what turns me on. So it's hosiery, heels and skirts and dresses for me.
Here in Philly, feminity is very fashionable. I see many women in print dresses and nice skirts and heels.

I wear what I like to wear and would like to see more women wearing. If that means standing out as somehow overly feminine, so be it. Come to think of it, I like standing out a bit especially when women notice what I'm wearing.

All the Best,

Ann / SS

jeannanj
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
We dress the way we do because we are trying to overdo it and mask our masculinity, not enhance our femininity. Women don't have to. Simple, but it works for me - because I'm, . . . you know. Simple.

:)

Kathi

Simple but I couldn't agree more. :)

Leslie Langford
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Michelle, I get what you're saying. Some of us really like the feminine clothes, makeup, high heels, etc. I can't explain why I'm attracted to over-the-top makeup/dressup, but here's how I see it for myself. Those things that are obvious visual differences between men and women (how we look, not the hardware), I tend to be strongly attracted to exaggerations of those differences. Both in my taste for how women dress, and how I like to dress. Some examples are: women wear makeup - I like heavy makeup that really bring out the eyes and lips, deep red lipstick, long eyelashes and lots of eyeliner. Women, not men, wear high heels - I like really high heels. I like short skirts, smooth legs and pantyhose to show off nice legs, long painted nails, glittery dangly jewelry. And on and on. Whatever is considered feminine, I like to exaggerate.
But I'm a part-time, dress for pleasure CD. It does take a lot of time and trouble to make up and dress this way, and I'm not complaining. I like not just being made up and dressed up, but really enjoy the transormation process itself. But if I were a GG, I imagine that I would not want to do every day what I do only occasionally. A lot of women never wear makeup, dresses, and high heels. And some do only on special occasions. I get that, but I still like to see women at their ultra-femme best.
So speaking for myself, and perhaps for some others, I like very feminine fashion, so I try to dress that way. Sure wish more women did.

...falling into the trap of using labels to describe what some of us are/do, would it not be fair to say that your approach to crossdressing is more akin to drag because of the way you like to exaggerate certain elements of it? This seems to be in contrast to most of the rest of us, who, while we share your love for all things "girly", are actually more preoccupied with passing, or at least blending in, rather than making a statement of sorts.

sissystephanie
07-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Kathi L. said it very succintly. We are covering up our masculinity! At least I think most of of us are. Some might be doing things differently, for whatever reasons. I, myself, don't really try to be more feminine! I just love to wear feminine clothing! I am not trying to be a woman! Heck, I don't even wear a wig or makeup anymore! Just the feminine clothes on what is obviously a male!!

suchacutie
07-04-2010, 12:37 AM
We have male bodies (most of us, anyway) and these bodies and our actions give off male "clues". In order to tip the balance to give off more female "clues" we need to go a bit further than GGs. It's all in the illusion we need to create to let our feminine selves exist.

Those lucky GGs just have to wake up in the morning and off they go being feminine...and we envy them so :)

tina

Rianna Humble
07-04-2010, 03:00 AM
It seems to me that many of us are more feminine or girly than most females. From your pictures and my own experiences we prefer to wear dresses and prettier clothes than real girls.

I think what you are trying to say is that many of us present ourselves in a more girly fashion than many GG's.

I would have to agree with that sentiment, because I proved it true of myself this morning. I have some really beautiful embroidered cropped jeans (although on me they don't look cropped :sad:) but in trhe end, I decided not to wear them for work because until my body catches up with my transition, I don't want to wear anything in the office that could give off even slightly androgynous vibes.

noeleena
07-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Hi.

I had 3 of our edwardian girls , they are really women about my age 55 through to 66 .
now they were saying after i showed some pics i took, over in austraila of the group of mainly dressers a few were T S
3 years ago at a ball we had in sydney 120 of us were there,

Now what was said was as we were talking about my oz e friends was they were dressed far better,
make up clothes shoes & just the way they looked these are people who i know as men who love dressing ,& they were impressed.
& as iv said my difference here is many of you here will surpass me,
& i would say look far better than i in the way you dress make up shoes clothes , you know what im saying

My 3 friends know me quite well & what i am . & they just accept that.
So the compliment is most of you can out dress us who are women . to that point of passing as female / women.

Now thats not to say they my 3 friends dont dress for outings & evenings that we have they do . & yes its great.
as for me well ill just do the photography & take the pics ,
I know i dont pass or will yet as a woman i get around things in other ways so its okay,

...noeleena...

ReineD
07-04-2010, 03:13 AM
I think what you are trying to say is that many of us present ourselves in a more girly fashion than many GG's.

Precisely. My SO explained it was to over compensate in order to balance out the male traits, as Kathi explained. Well, that plus a real love for women's fashions, and a desire to feel pretty compared to being in guy mode. :)

Michelle8, don't forget that Gallery pics show everyone's best efforts at being pretty. You mustn't compare this with a GG you see at a grocery store with 2 kids in tow, or in an office when she is just there doing her job and not trying to impress anyone. Instead, go to a nice restaurant in a city on a Saturday night, and compare how the GGs are dressed when they want to look their best too. :)

Mirani
07-04-2010, 05:06 AM
We dress the way we do because we are trying to overdo it and mask our masculinity, not enhance our femininity. Women don't have to. Simple, but it works for me - because I'm, . . . you know. Simple.:)
Kathi

You said it so much better than me ....:battingeyelashes:

Precisely.
Michelle8, don't forget that Gallery pics show everyone's best efforts at being pretty. You mustn't compare this with a GG you see at a grocery store with 2 kids in tow, or in an office when she is just there doing her job and not trying to impress anyone. Instead, go to a nice restaurant in a city on a Saturday night, and compare how the GGs are dressed when they want to look their best too. :)

So true .. :)

Maryesther M.
07-04-2010, 06:36 AM
I agree totally with all that has been written in the preceding posts. For my sins I am no longer thrilled by what I see in the mirror these days, so when I have sufficient time to myself I love to indulge in camouflaging make-up, donning a 'crowning glory' wig and dressing accordingly.
When I go to these lengths I need to record it and I embark on a photo session. I like to think that the results take 25-odd years off my age, which I enjoy perusing and editing. I can't do photoshop, so the results have to be real.
I too love the feel of a skirt moving against my tights-clad legs, also the luxury of instant flowing long hair down past my shoulders. It's the make-up that takes the time, so when time presses I will frequently don those femme items just to feel girly....

Annie D
07-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Without a doubt, when I dress and it is every day for some period of time, I am somewhat "over the top" for my age and body build but I have the opinion that when I dress to go out shopping or socially, I put in so much time doing my makeup, my hair and try on so many different outfits (don't we all?) to achieve just the right look for where I am going, that it seems a shame to waste it on looking like a women who doesn't especially care what she looks like. I think that generally women take pride in their appearance but as middle age sets in and they have a couple of kids, they are too busy doing what comes with the mommy job that they forsake the attractive feminine look.

When I shop for my clothes I look for something that stands out and catches my eye. Many times what I like doesn't look as casual as I want it to for food shopping or just window shopping at the mall. I want to look casually classy and want people who see me (women specifically) know that I took the time to achieve the look that I am trying to present.

I have come to respect the time and thought that women put into their presentation and it shows when they do not. I don't want to fall into just another woman but one to be recognized for someone with good taste nice appearance. If this is considered to be over the top, so be it.

Nikki A.
07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Yes some of it is to hide our masculine traits. Another thing is that most of us are part -timers. If we had to do it 24/7 365 we would also dress plainer including jeans and flats or sneakers.

msniki48
07-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Well haven't you heard? Most women are trying to be masculine. Somebody has to take ther place! it might as well be us! this planet needs femininity!
its a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

I volunteer!!!:heehee:

Just joking: i agree that it is an over compensation for fem traits, but for me, i spent the best part of my life overcompensating in the male department, trying to be masculine in front of family, friends and collegues,
for me it is just natural to try and be as pretty as i can as niki.

but i still volunteer!!!:heehee:

:hugs:

Nicole Brown
07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
As a fetish CD, the things that are the most feminine and different from guy stuff is what turns me on. So it's hosiery, heels and skirts and dresses for me.
Here in Philly, feminity is very fashionable. I see many women in print dresses and nice skirts and heels.

I wear what I like to wear and would like to see more women wearing. If that means standing out as somehow overly feminine, so be it. Come to think of it, I like standing out a bit especially when women notice what I'm wearing.

All the Best,

Ann / SS

I think that Ann expressed my thoughts and feeling perfectly. I have always loved the look and feel of soft and sheer feminine clothing. So, as does Ann, I tend to wear stockings, heels and dresses or skirts. The only difference is that I don't live in Philly where such dress is more common. Over here in New Jersey I see far less woman dressed as feminine as Nicole likes.

Diane Elizabeth
07-04-2010, 09:18 AM
As a "male" I was always turned on by the sexy clothes, garters and nylons, and highheels. I have discovered that this fetish was a mask for my desire to wear them. I still get "turned on" when I see/hear someone in highheels. But, its all mental. I get the same feeling when I wear them now. I would love to be able to dress all the time. when I can't at home I wear my flats and cute shorts, bra and sometimes a scoop top blouse. I also love the makeup but don't put it on unless I go out.

NicoleScott
07-04-2010, 10:23 AM
...falling into the trap of using labels to describe what some of us are/do, would it not be fair to say that your approach to crossdressing is more akin to drag because of the way you like to exaggerate certain elements of it? This seems to be in contrast to most of the rest of us, who, while we share your love for all things "girly", are actually more preoccupied with passing, or at least blending in, rather than making a statement of sorts.

To some extent, yes, but drag usually implies that the crossdressing activities are for some kind of entertainment. The similarity is that drag queens like to exaggerate certain feminine characteristics (like makeup or eyelashes). But they do it usually for comic, dramatic, or satiric effect. I like to exaggerate makeup, eyelashes, high heels, etc. too, but I do so for my own pleasure. Exaggerating feminine characteristics is my way of trying to (note: trying to) be more glamorous, pretty, and sexy, and in my mind, feminine.
In my post to which you commented, I did state that I am part-time, dress-for-pleasure CD. I know that my reasons for crossdressing (and doing it in the over-the-top style I prefer) are vastly different than for someone who identifies and wants to express as a female, and wears more traditionally conservative clothes to blend in.
I was just trying to respond to the OP that noticed that CD's who post pics online appear to dress and make up more glamorously than GG's, and why it is so for me.

AKAMichelle
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't think the word playing is fair to use here. I do understand how some cd'ers act more girly than most and that gets interrupted as being more of a female. But that just isn't true.