PDA

View Full Version : Who Was That Stranger?

Persephone
07-04-2010, 05:19 PM
This morning I was on my morning run/walk, en femme of course, wearing white shorts and a 4th of July white tank top with a cute red/white/blue heart on it.

As I was waiting for the pedestrian light at a major intersection, a man in the left turn lane of the street I was crossing honked the horn, rolled down his window and waved.

I waved back and he tried to talk to me, but I couldn't hear him across three traffic lanes.

Eventually, the pedestrian light came on and I walked towards his car. He definitely appeared to know me, but I had no idea who he was! I was frantically wondering if he presumably knew me en femme or en drab, and kinda worried that it might be en drab!

He put his hand a bit out the window and we lightly touched hands as he said, "Hi, how are you?"

"Fine," I said.

"How far do you walk in the mornings?" he asked.

"About five miles," I said, very aware that the crossing light was timing out.

He appeared to want to continue the conversation, but I kinda waved at the light, said "I'd better cross," and took off across the remaining two lanes of traffic that now had a green light and were patiently waiting for me to get out of the intersection.

I sure wonder who he was, or, perhaps, who he thought I was!

TxKimberly
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
LOL Well I've got news for you. Good or bad, he now knows where you jog and he knows when, and he has clearly expressed an interest in you. I suspect you will see him again. Now the only question is, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Persephone
07-05-2010, 02:21 AM
You're right, Kimberly, he may be a stranger who is pegging me, although since it was Sunday I was an hour or two later than usual, so he hasn't got the timing down yet.

If that's it, and if it isn't someone who knows me from someplace, then "good thing or a bad thing" it is probably no different than the situation of any other female runner/walker, don't you think?

Loni
07-05-2010, 02:54 AM
in one word......Mace. a 2.3 oz can of foam with die tracer.

Freddy12
07-05-2010, 05:42 AM
I have a bad memory for faces. I know that's unusual, but it's true. I would be figuring it's someone I know, but I can't remember who.

It doesn't help to worry about it. He may have been curious. Just enjoy the encounter!

Andy66
07-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Ew. Creepy stalker. Maybe he knows you... but then again, some guys pretend they know a woman as a way of meeting them. That's their pickup line. Please be careful.

TxKimberly
07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
You're right, Kimberly, he may be a stranger who is pegging me, although since it was Sunday I was an hour or two later than usual, so he hasn't got the timing down yet.

If that's it, and if it isn't someone who knows me from someplace, then "good thing or a bad thing" it is probably no different than the situation of any other female runner/walker, don't you think?

Yeah, I don't think it's time to panic or anything, but I would pay attention if I were you. Of course, that's advice I'd give to anyone at anytime anyway - pay attention to your surroundings and the people in them.