PDA

View Full Version : Body Image Throughout the Years (Breasts)

Joanie_Shakti
07-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I've been overweight most of my life, since at least third grade or so. As I reached high school age, I started getting teased once in awhile by other guys because I had slight breasts. The name, "titty boy" is burned into my mind. Because of this, I started developing a bad body image of myself. I was ashamed to appear without a shirt on and was one of those fat guys you would see in a pool with his t-shirt on. If I couldn't wear a shirt in the pool, I'd walk around with my arms crossed over my chest. I think this poor self image is one reason I didn't date until after high school and even then, on few occasions. I felt no girl would be interested in a "titty boy."

As the years passed, I would still feel self conscious about my chest. The breasts just felt much bigger than they probably actually were. As I grew older though, I cared less about being seen without a shirt on. I think my extremely hairy chest made me feel more "manly."

Cut to the last year or so since my crosdressing really took over my life. My legs and underarms are shaved smooth and so is my facial hair. My chest hair is trimmed short. But the oddest thing is my breast image. I have fairly large forms, my bra size is about a 42C. Anymore, I am wearing a bra and my forms at every opportunity I have, even while sleeping. It just feels so right and the forms feel like a part of my body when I have them on. I just think it's weird because I was so ashamed of my actual body that I even wondered if I should have surgery to reduce the breasts, and now, I'm in my forms at the first opportunity and love the way they look and feel. I am still overweight, but my natural chest size doesn't feel as obvious to me anymore. Can anyone else relate to this?

AlisonRenee
07-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I've been overweight most of my life, since at least third grade or so. As I reached high school age, I started getting teased once in awhile by other guys because I had slight breasts. The name, "titty boy" is burned into my mind. Because of this, I started developing a bad body image of myself. I was ashamed to appear without a shirt on and was one of those fat guys you would see in a pool with his t-shirt on. If I couldn't wear a shirt in the pool, I'd walk around with my arms crossed over my chest.

As the years passed, I would still feel self conscious about my chest. The breasts just felt much bigger than they probably actually were.

I am still overweight, but my natural chest size doesn't feel as obvious to me anymore. Can anyone else relate to this?

Sure can, Joanie. My breasts developed some at puberty and I went thru all of the embarrassment you describe. Now that I'm over 50, it seems that with my T production on the decline (normal @ this age, I guess) my boobs seem to be busting out again. I am getting close to a C cup even with some weight loss. But I am quite happy with the idea. I love the girls and they can keep on coming.

I just got a new Fashion Bug push-up bra yesterday and the girls are happy as can be in there.

sometimes_miss
07-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I pretty much went through the same thing when growing up, and now wear a 46B/C cup, depending on manufacturer of the bra. I found that medical scrub uniform all cotton tops make great 'swim shirts'; I use my fair skin as an excuse to wear a shirt when I go swimming, as well as a reason never to take my shirt off outdoors. No one ever questioned me so far. If I ever need to explain further, I just tell them I had a cancerous lesion removed and can't risk any further sun exposure.

Petra.Briar
07-07-2010, 08:31 AM
I have gained about 25 lbs in the last year and a half, and with that I now have perfect B cup breasts. I love the look when I have a bra on, however I struggle with how the rest of my body looks. I have to wear very baggy clothes or I go with the slightly pregnant look (which I am not into). I am going to enjoy the girls until things change....

Anneliese
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
My breasts seemed to grow out when I gained some weight (25 pounds) and started seriously cross-dressing about ten years ago. During the 7-8 years when I stopped entirely and lost weight, they remained. This was a major concern of mine when I started dating again. I was extremely concerned. Perhaps the fact that the two relationships I was involved in were both with self-claimed bisexual women, it was never an issue. Their biggest concern was why I didn't care all that much about their breasts, which they both considered their best feature. I've just never been all that into women's breasts, being an ass-man myself. A friend who died recently commented on them, in that he was quite overweight yet had a totally flat chest. I still think it's a part of my psychological make-up, in that I have never been a particularly "manly man", despite many years of sports involvement. I've always been more the nurturing sort who cries at movies than the horndog who loves fast cars and special effect movies.

fun4metoo2004
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I was fairly flat until I went on Spiro from a heart problem. Couple that with a low T-level, I went from fairly flat to a solid B cup almost. I do carry more weight that I should and don't seem to be able to lose it.

I have not dated in forever, and really don't care about it any more. If I can enjoy myself then I am happy.

Maryesther M.
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
When I was in my 20's I was very muscular with large 'pecks'. At age 68 these are no longer firm like before and can be shoved around a bit to create cleavage after a fashion. I do augment them with some very small forms to fill a 42c pocket bra, which is plenty big enough. I too have to shave the parts that show under plunge blouses.
Enjoy yours...

Anneliese
07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I have not dated in forever, and really don't care about it any more. If I can enjoy myself then I am happy.

Agreed. I went from 1994 to 2002 without getting any...or caring about getting any. People thought I was nuts. Now, two relationships later (and at least three years), I'm back in "happy by myself doing what I want to do without obligations or guilt-trips" mode.

My whole life, even including high-school and college, I've felt more "right" on my own than I ever have in a relationship.

BLUE ORCHID
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Joanie

Been there and done that I went through a living hell in
Jr. & Sr .high school now at 67 yrs. old it all worked out in the end.

Orchid

Debb
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I was small growing up, never got past 120 pounds until I joined the military ... and I was born intersexed (Klinefelter's syndrome). I was given hormones for a short while in puberty (testosterone), but stopped taking it because I hated pills ... anyways, I always had breasts. Since I was a "boy", this subjected me to a lot of ridicule growing up -- my breasts always showed because of how skinny I was.

Now that I've aged somewhat ( :-) ), I've gained some weight and my breasts are no longer really noticeable under the larger shirts I wear ... and (sigh), I'd kill for bigger breasts now.

The irony is delicious sometimes yes?

hopingsecret
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I've been overweight most of my life, since at least third grade or so. As I reached high school age, I started getting teased once in awhile by other guys because I had slight breasts. The name, "titty boy" is burned into my mind. Because of this, I started developing a bad body image of myself. I was ashamed to appear without a shirt on and was one of those fat guys you would see in a pool with his t-shirt on. If I couldn't wear a shirt in the pool, I'd walk around with my arms crossed over my chest. I think this poor self image is one reason I didn't date until after high school and even then, on few occasions. I felt no girl would be interested in a "titty boy."

As the years passed, I would still feel self conscious about my chest. The breasts just felt much bigger than they probably actually were. As I grew older though, I cared less about being seen without a shirt on. I think my extremely hairy chest made me feel more "manly."

Cut to the last year or so since my crosdressing really took over my life. My legs and underarms are shaved smooth and so is my facial hair. My chest hair is trimmed short. But the oddest thing is my breast image. I have fairly large forms, my bra size is about a 42C. Anymore, I am wearing a bra and my forms at every opportunity I have, even while sleeping. It just feels so right and the forms feel like a part of my body when I have them on. I just think it's weird because I was so ashamed of my actual body that I even wondered if I should have surgery to reduce the breasts, and now, I'm in my forms at the first opportunity and love the way they look and feel. I am still overweight, but my natural chest size doesn't feel as obvious to me anymore. Can anyone else relate to this?

I sure can. Unfortunately our experience is all too common. Thanks for the post; it's all good to hear from others with simular backgrounds.

lingerieLiz
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
I went though the same thing from junior high on. Interesting enough as I lose weight my girls stand out more. I'm going back on my diet so I can get back into my clothes so I should go back to a 36C. I wear a 38B now but can wear 38C and fill some bras. I don't try to pass, but I wear a lot of shorts and tops or Ts with a bra under them. Yep some people notice them, but I'm amazed those that don't. Did have a guy lock on the girls the other day. I understand why endowed women get tired of looking at the top of men's heads. Today I had a SA look right at them and ask what size bra my wife wears. Oh well. See SA looses sale.

Mistybtm
07-08-2010, 01:44 AM
My whole life, even including high-school I've felt more "right" on my own than I ever have in a relationship.
:battingeyelashes: I feel the same way :battingeyelashes:

Yvonne York
07-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Sounds so familiar. I remember a friends daughter throwing a bra at me in a swimming pool when I was about 14. Although embarrassing, she didn't know that I had already started dressing!

Now I am proud of my natural 42B, and I dare say they are growing a bit at my time of life. My wife has no problem with them, and supports my dressing and bra wearing in every way.

Anneliese
07-08-2010, 06:11 AM
I feel the same way

Every relationship I've been involved in (less than ten serious), started out with giddiness and desire and hope that perhaps this would be "the one", and as time went on (sometimes weeks, sometimes months, sometimes years), I felt a sick feeling in the my gut that I wanted out and to get back to being on my own. At this point, I highly doubt I'll be in another one.

Per the thread, I have always enjoyed my body. I have enjoyed my natural breast growth. Am I constantly waiting for somebody to say something in the locker room at my health club? Yes. Do I care? No. I'm just glad the city I live in is relatively liberal and that the PC movement, which I loathe in general, limits stupid comments from (aware) stupid people. The only people to say anything have been two close male friends.

DeniseNJ
07-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Oh how I can relate, I was teased in HS in gym class that I should be wearing a bra. Guys used to always grab my breast or squeaze them, or pinch my nipples. I too pulled away and crossed my arms over my chest. I started racing motorcycles and lost about 65 lbs and they got smaller . As I gained the weight back they grew even bigger than before. They are not saggy but firm and pertrude out I would say a large B to small C cup. In the fall when I shave my legs and chest , my breast really look feminine. During summer and at times I am embarrassed while in a pool. I hate long chest hair and like to trim it short but in the summer NO! complete shaving or I will need to wear a one piece in the pool. is it a curse or a good thing I just don't know. I was always self concious when dating.

eluuzion
07-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Peer pressure and advertising media are the brutal branding irons of our youth. They can leave lifetime self-image scars that rarely if ever, completely heal.

Sometimes I am amazed that anyone survives past those fragile years of youth. Thank God we all turned out "normal", eh? :heehee:

Jaydee
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
I have had much the same experience. My breasts started to grow when I was 12. It was embarrassing, and I took a lot of harassment in Jr. High and High school. PE was hell. I almost never took my shirt off in public for most of my life.
Now in my 50s, I started on T replacement, and they started to grow again. They are now a full 42B. I guess it is the added maturity, but I am now more comfortable with them, although I still do not go shirtless in public. I wear bras when ever I can because now I need the support, even though my wife does not like to see me wearing them, so I don't wear them around her. I am also more comfortable with my CDing than I have ever been.

Jaydee

Michala
07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
It is pretty much the same story for me. Teased and now I like them. Sometimes I wish they were bigger. Can fill out a 42C nicely. :o

Anneliese
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
One of the things I've noticed on this forum, which I adore overall, by the way, is how man-like most of us are regarding threads. We (yes, I am included) want reactions to OUR threads, but rarely support, expand upon, and comment on other's threads. Every day there are a massive ton of new threads and new posts. Real women would keep many of threads alive for weeks, months, years. Until we spend every waking minute thinking about everything from all possible angles, we are, alas, men dressing as women. Not that there's anything wrong with that...