PDA

View Full Version : comming out for the first time

pernille d
07-07-2010, 10:27 AM
i have a really good colleague (female)that has know the last few months i have had lots of problems on my mind . i said when i was ready i would tell her.

well today i did , i outed myself for the first time and for those of you out there worrying about doing the same . let me say when you are ready to do it ,it is not so hard and i am sure most people are understanding. i just said it as it was ,"what more than that can one do"

made one mistake though , i wrote a simple but to the point letter to her and posted it to her via FB this morning when i knew she was on the way to work thinking i have all day to talk to her and expect her reaction later . BUT when i got to work there was a sweet mail on my computer as of cause she had checked her FB mail via mobile.:)

Christina Horton
07-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Well maybe next time you'll be able to talk to the person in well Person LOL. once you've done it a few times it is so easy to tell another person. good luck.

Katesback
07-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Ok so ya told someone you are a CD.

Rule #1 you cannot assume that people will be understanding. If trans people dont understand each other why would ya expect anyone else to understand?

Rule #2 you telling someone you are trans is way different than you presenting the girl to that person.

I realize that telling people is a release and way to be OUT but I personally feel that unless someone intends to present the girl to the person you are telling there is no reason to tell them.

It's kind of like having HIV. If you are not going to have sex with someone there is no reason to tell them you are HIV +.

joannemarie barker
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I think you were brave pernille :) well done :)

Darcy50
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I am very proud of you!!! I waited twenty plus years and wished I had done it a lot earlier.

CallMeMeg
07-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Two long stories short: I told my manager (showed her pictures) but just on the order of "that's me". I wasn't really ready to come out. She said "was that for a party, or is something you do, sometimes?" I thought that was the best, most concise description of me so I said "it's something I do, sometimes."

Second story: I sent my But I Digress (http://youcancallmemeg.blogspot.com/2010/06/but-i-digress.html) blog post to a female friend who I've know for almost 20 years, mostly through e-mail. She's been my biggest supporter, and wanted to meet Meg when I'm in her area. My next trip to the midwest is not far from her, but at 400 miles still too far to fit in. *sigh*

neverthen
07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
hi pernille,i rely admire you for doing that,i need to do it myself soner or later that is why i am on this site to try to get advice and courage to do so myself.i know you must be going through a lot of emotionss but in the long run it will probably help you relaxe mor and to enjoy yourself while you are dressed now.good luck and i cant wait to reach the level that your at