PDA

View Full Version : Vintage

jade lee
08-25-2005, 11:10 AM
How many girls here are into vintage clothing or remember them?

eleventhdr
08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Yes I sure would opt out for a lot of historical female clothing. To bad a lot of that clothing went out of style. Maybe it is time to bring a lot of it back!. I would wear it!. Just given a chance really!. Suzy!.

Mx Justina
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
For special social situations (IMO) I would opt for good vintage clothes (and retro clothes too)...but "good" in my mind means properly coordinated, well-fitting, well-tailored, pristene (if pre-owned)... which all tranlates into tough putting together... Ah...but if I had the cash to spare..

J.

kymmieLorain
08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Well clothing and lingerie. I remember what got me into lingerie a friends mom got the fredericks catalog. I remember the naughty lingerie in their. Would be great to find some now.

As I am into cowboy action shooting I would love to go in fem. Dressed as a 1870's school marm or???

Kymmie

norbie
08-26-2005, 04:46 AM
:) Oh I am fully with you. Todays Female lost a lot, crossdress all the time, lacy walking and so on. Todays Female thinks that Woman's Lib. also means don't look female anymore. (I am going in hiding after this before GG's kill me :D ),
No I don't mean you have to go back to hoopskirts and so on, but a swinging full circle skirt or a straight skirt and at least some heel size.
You know it's realy funny, here in Australia Woman go to work more femine then being with her Family. I think French Girls are still pretty much on the femine site. I talked to a French Girl and she thinks that she would never run around in a Track Suit or anything with just a rubber waist.
Well this is my idea for todays Woman:

jade lee
08-26-2005, 07:45 AM
I was thinking of back to the 50s to the 70. Including Betty page outfit.

parris james
08-26-2005, 06:59 PM
:love: I loved that gal :love:

Khriss
08-27-2005, 01:34 AM
-and brunettes can have "fun" too !! :D
the borderline -S&M was hmmm !?!. I loved the heels-

Angela Burke
08-27-2005, 03:07 AM
How many girls here are into vintage clothing or remember them?
Oh yeah!
Full skirts!
Petticoats!
Nylons!
White heels!
Beehives!
Make-up put on with a trowel!
Girlfriends!
Oh yeah!

Love Angela XX

Cathy J
08-27-2005, 05:38 AM
Hi gals,
My kind of thread. I just love lingerie from the '50's and '60's. Those swishy full taffeta petticoats, lucious full slips and half slips, gown and peignoir sets of soft sheer or satin.

Sure can't find them at any of the mainstream stores today. I'm fortunate to have quite a few items which have survived numerous purges so I can still enjoy them now! I hope I never weaken to have another purge! What a loss!

I see some things on E-bay but thay get snapped up quickly so I guess we are not alone.

:love:

MelindaC
08-27-2005, 07:38 AM
I have always liked vintage lingerie. I started CD'ing back in the late 50's with the Playtex rubber girdles. They were fantastic and I was devastated when I could no longer buy them in the department stores. Back in those days, women took pride in looking their best and very nice lingerie abounded. The good old days, as they say.......

Jonien
08-27-2005, 07:50 AM
in pink

jo_ann
08-27-2005, 08:53 AM
vintage would be fun.. anything before the 60's, really big fancy frilly flowy dresses.. I used to giggle when carol burnett over-exemplified the south and wore dresses with hoops that were like 8 feet in diameter, and she would sit down and it would block her whole body and you'd just see the fluffy pantaloons underneath.

Wendy me
08-27-2005, 09:30 AM
i can't say that i am into vintage but like anything i buy if it catches my eye then i got to have it....

MsEva
08-27-2005, 10:30 AM
-and brunettes can have "fun" too !! :D
the borderline -S&M was hmmm !?!. I loved the heels-

I remember my dad had her pin up in the garage..rrrrrowwww! She was stunning. I don't really have any vintage stuff, but love her look and do you remember seeing Lily St Cyr lingere adds in the detective magazines? I used to turn to the back of them while sitting in a chair waiting for a haircut on Saturday morning as a youngster. :D

Jesse69
08-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm into the junior styles of the 90's. I don't like any of the modern juniors styles. I'll consider other vintage items as long as they look nice. But truthfully, I have so many clothes right now that I feel like I don't have to go shopping anymore. I'm pretty much happy with my collection.

janetb
08-31-2005, 06:41 AM
mmmh, the panty girdles etc etc etc. Any melbourne girls like the same? janet

Debbie Kong
08-31-2005, 02:08 PM
All of my outfits are what I refer to as vintage. Mostly from the glamourous 80's which copied a lot of elements that I love from the 40's and 50's styles. Currently I'm shopping for Hawaiian/Swing/Rockabilly halter top dresses with a full skirt. The type that requires a crinoline.

I do not own any outfits that are new although I will by reproductions.

Debbie

jade lee
08-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Check out www.girdlebound.com It is not what you think but all types of girdles and pointy bras. Thank Girls for the imput.

Mary M
08-31-2005, 07:43 PM
vintage is fun, so is retro.

ooxx

Billijo49504
08-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey Kymmie L, If you're going to go CAS effem, best make sure you got your SAA or RV's strapped on under your skirts. Incase some one starts giving you a bunch of stuff. By the way, are you a SASS member, we are SASS Life...BJ :)

Rochelle 5
08-31-2005, 08:26 PM
jade lee

I love girdlebound.com. They have some lovely things to offer and have web sites that offer even more.

ronna
08-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh, absolutely, Jade Lee, those styles are highly desirable. Web sites are selling tattered and stained clothing items just because they are "retro", but anybody who follows fashion trends knows that the old ones come back after the new ones fade away, I'm glad they have because things were so nice and frilly then!

sissy stacy
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
(curtsey)

Vintage? retro? Oh yes! Petticoats, armor plated garter belts, ruffled panties and bullet bras! Always have been my favorite. Little girl or 'Shirley Temple' dresses. All of these make me feel sooooooo feminine.

(curtsey)

sissy s.

Tina_Lynn_Sue
09-01-2005, 04:31 PM
There are4 things i long for the return of
1) the bee hive hair due( just kiding ;) } fashion print pantyhose
{ex; white with rose print over them or kiss prints or tiny red dots}
like young teenaged girl wore in the early to mid 80's

2)ladies business suits with padded shoulder and shirt dresses

3) the disco mini dresses

4) and the bold jewlery of the 70's and 80's

that my $.10 worth ;)
Tina

gender_blender
09-01-2005, 08:35 PM
I like mostly vintage dresses with satin, and not with the lace. I used to have a thing for huge poofy sleeves and poofy tulle skirts. My two most expensive prom gowns were chosen for their vintage-like qualities. My style has evolved to more modern skimpy outfits with a slight vintage feel to them.

I have a bunch of dresses and a couple crinolines that I'm looking to sell eventually.

Charlie

Clare
09-03-2005, 03:52 AM
My interpretation of Vintage?

Period dresses from the European 1800's. Just love the look and styles!

Oh, now you got me all wishful!!!

Christine

Rainbow6562005
09-03-2005, 04:05 AM
I grew up during World War Two, when I fell in love with what some women wore at the time: wedgies (today called wedges) and flowery dresses. I tried to duplicate the look with this ensemble:

Rainbow :)

Sedona
09-03-2005, 07:55 PM
http://www.crepe-suzette.com/

Have fun ladies!

Rainbow6562005
09-03-2005, 07:58 PM
I like the 40s look of that website. :)
And your name reminds me of the lovely red-rock-country town in Arizona.

Rainbow

SUSANNE
09-15-2005, 08:29 AM
I prefer the 50's and 60's styles. Actually wore open-bottom girdles
and pantygirdles before pantyhose were even available. There is
just something about the feeling I get from garters tugging at
stocking tops. It may just be me, but it seems like women are more
interested in being liberated then being feminine. I would hope they
could be both. Just wondering.

Susanne