PDA

View Full Version : Burlesque Class Week 1

Heisthebride
07-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I had my first burlesque lesson. Some readers wanted me to go en femme but I'm not that brave. I also have my wife and classmates to think about. My wife wanted to get a feel of the class before I start wearing girl things. Also, everyone was nervous about the class already not to mention I was there and then throw in CDing on top of that might have been to much. Also, no pics. I am trying to be a trusted member of the class and I don't want to be creepy picture taking guy. Maybe there will be some pics for the final recital.

So my wife and I arrived on time and everyone was a little nervous not because of me but because of the substance of the class. Their were 14 GG's and myself, including my wife and the instructor The instructor sat us down and kind of laid out all of the classes and said no judgements and no dancing skills were required. After that we all got up and did some streches. No comment was made about me being there.

The teacher led us through a couple of walks/struts around the room either of our own design or classic walks with one hand on the hip and the other high in the air. Lots of hip movement. Then we did some runway walks with poses at the end of the room two by two. I don't know what the other girls thought at this point but at least I just wasn't sitting around gawking, I was actually participating.

Finally we were lined up in two rows and worked out a little choreographed routine. One person came forward as the focus person and did a little strip while everyone behind them followed thier lead. This went on person by person. If you didn't have the item they were wearing you mimed along with them. Each person did a different item so we could practice lots of general stripping.

Quick note this is a PG-13 class so no nudity. We all had tight clothing on under our strippable items. By the time it was my turn we had removed or mimed removing a top, sunglasses and skirt. The teacher suggested I do my hat which I did with some hip pops and I threw it to the side if the room. I got a wolf whistle and a couple of cat calls so the girls seemed to be accepting me as part if the group which was cool. Each person did their one item until the end of the class.

I didn't even break out the heels this week, mostly because of my wifes nervousness but next week we move on to bras, gloves, corsets, etc and I'm going to need to jump in with both feet. I talked to my wife and she agreed the class will probably be OK so I will be practicing my strutting with heels at home this week.

tricia_uktv
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Yay, well done girl. It will change the way you think about yourself and the way you portray yourself. I did burlesque classes but in the UK they wont let you go with the girls so I had private lessons after their classes. I did change (dead scary) into my girl things and I do think thats important. How can you be sexy bitch if you're not dressed as one? I learnt so much and am now reaping the benefits. I am about to go on a catwalk and burlesque will play a huge part. Get them hips loose and enjoy yourself. Life is fun, but far better in a red basque.

Hugs and good luck

Christina2008
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
What an experience!!!

I’m glad you’re going and whats more your wife is cool with it all.

You must be so happy right now.

Chloe Renee
07-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Sounds like a great class, keep us posted

LisaAlexander
07-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Cool! More than the dancing I want some burlesque clothes!! :D