PDA

View Full Version : advice for first time out to a club?

kaleyg
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
me and another gurlfriend are going out -- dinner at least and maybe dancing. this is my first time out like this! i've been shopping, etc., but not to a restaurant or a club. anybody want to offer some advice for a first timer?

sherri
07-08-2010, 03:57 PM
It's a night out, so wear something fun and fashionable, that expresses you. And wherever you go, own it. By that I mean that even though your heart may be pounding, sashay in like you're an old hand at this and fully expect to have a great time. Smile a lot, laugh a lot, be very open to overtures and don't be afraid to do a little reaching out yourself. Chat up the waiter and bartender, compliment a girl on her shoes, tell a guy how much you like his cologne. Stuff like that.

Oh, and when you get out on the dance floor, don't forget to swing those hips gurl! :)

joandher
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Relax and just enjoy yourself , pretend you and your girlfriend are the only ones there

:love:

j-jay
ps have great safe night, you will love it

NancyTO
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM
What Sherri and Joan said. Have fun, dance like you never danced before. Being a girl gives you so much more freedom to express yourself.

Watch your handbag and don't drink and drive.

msginaadoll
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Treat your wait staff extra nice. You may pass with them, or u may be the first CD they publicly met. Just make a good impression, they do work hard.

Kate Simmons
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
My advice is...enjoy yourself and have fun.:)

Tranny Tee
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Have a good time but do not drink and drive. You do not want to be the best dressed girl in the emergency room. You do not want t be the sexiest thing in the drunk tank.

Lover girl
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Kaleyg Have a wonderful time!!! I've only be out twice in one day before. If things work out to plan I will add another day to that list this Saturday!!! The girls before this post used all of the good advice. I like the one from Sherri. Spoken like a true texan!!! Your bringing a friend along, That's very important! Your picture is great!!!! You'll do well!!! Most of all, Have the best time ever!!!! Try to get some pic's and tell us how the night went!!!! You go girlfriend!!!!

Rachel Morley
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I swear to God the highlight of my "CDing career" so far has been the first time I went out clubbing with my wife as "two girls". I had always been so jealous of GG dressing up and going dancing. When it happened I could have cried with happiness. You are going to have such a fun time! :)

I'm not sure where you are going, LGBT club or a mainstream one, but my advice would be to slightly "sex it up" a little. Heels a little on the higher side, skirt or dress a little on the shorter side, a little more makeup than usual, and a little more confidence than usual. Enjoy that feeling that you are attractive and sexy. Go out with the idea in your mind that you are going to have a fantastic time .... and guess what, you will! :)

kaleyg
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
i am thrilled! i will try to take as many pics as possible. Joann (joann07) is going with me. i'll try to get lots of pics and we'll put them up, as long as they aren't too incriminating. ; )

everyone's advice sounds great and i'm even more excited now. i did forget that i'll need a clutch and i just know i'm going to lose track of it at some point. im shopping tomorrow for a hot dress to wear. i'll take it easy on the booze. and i'll try to turn the heat up a notch higher than usual. ; )

i am a little nervous about 'overtures'. i don't want to get felt up or anything if i can avoid it.

thanks!!

~Trudy~
07-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Not that I can offer any advice, because I'm at the same level as you (just a couple of gurly shopping trips), but I'm really excited for you and I'm sure it's going to be great. You're stunningly beautiful!

sherri
07-09-2010, 08:53 AM
You do not want t be the sexiest thing in the drunk tank.Lol. Too funny!

And very true.

I like the one from Sherri. Spoken like a true texan!!!:D

I'm not sure where you are going, LGBT club or a mainstream one, but my advice would be to slightly "sex it up" a little. Heels a little on the higher side, skirt or dress a little on the shorter side, a little more makeup than usual, and a little more confidence than usual. Enjoy that feeling that you are attractive and sexy.Great advice.

i am a little nervous about 'overtures'. i don't want to get felt up or anything if i can avoid it.By overtures, I mean people being friendly and reaching out to you in general, not hitting on you necessarily. But don't freeze up or panic if you do get hit on, that's just part of the fun for a pretty gurl out on the town. An attractive woman sort of expects that sort of attention at a club and knows how to handle it graciously even if she's not interested. It is a compliment, after all, unless the guy is behaving like a complete horn dog, in which case he needs to be set straight in no uncertain terms. And you have to expect a little bit of touching out on the dance floor, but that doesn't mean he should be allowed to get too handsy or suggestive. Btw, in my experience the GGs are a lot fresher on the dance floor than the guys. Today's dance styles involve a lot more body contact! Not a bad thing in my book! :battingeyelashes:

Ria
07-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Kayley,

I have been to a club a few times now dressed up and it was awesome. You have gone shopping dressed up? That's way braver I think...

The club gives you the ability to blend I think. It's the waiting in line that is the hardest. It forces confrontation with people in line which can be good but unerving. Once you have a night out you'll be hooked, you'll have a great time... plus your so pretty! good luck.

Mirani
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Heels are a KILLER ... so be careful of your choice .. wear in new ones and my tip is ... take a pair of flats to drive in/walk in and change into your heels :) ... believe me the pain of heels is torture ... which many say is worth it :)

Have fun, be safe.

kaleyg
07-10-2010, 09:24 PM
everything you all said was on the money. joann and i will be posting in the "out and about" section soon. had a great time, but was a little rushed in getting my outfit together. wore heels and suffered for it -- joann brought her sensible shoes to change into. but i did feel kind of hot walking down the sidewalk. ;-) i never go felt up, but i did have one guy dance 'with' me. pretty sure he was gay, so . . .??

thanks again for the helpful advice!!

Jenny J
07-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Smile a lot

Jen

:rose2: