PDA

View Full Version : Got style - who me?

Rianna Humble
07-09-2010, 07:38 AM
For the second time in as many weeks, I have been complimented on my clothing by someone who exudes style through her every pore.

Yesterday an Italian GG aquaintance told me "you look beautiful and you have much more style than me" - this from a girl who could make wearing a horse blanket look like high fashion.

When I was pretending to be a man, he had about as much dress-sense as a boulder - not only that, but you could have dressed him in a genuine Armani suit and he would just have looked like a slob in an Armani suit.

Not really sure what has changed apart from the fact that I am now free to be my real self and can choose from so many more pretty outfits :o

PretzelGirl
07-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Well there you go Rianna. The last line says it all. You are letting all of you out and it is showing.

I think we sometimes suppress our ability to select styles as a man for whatever reason. I am a t-shirt and jeans guy switching to polos for work. Dressed, some style comes out. I still think I need to work on it, but I have some. It is just letting go and being yourself.

Chari
07-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Being comfortable and confident in who you are, no matter what you choose to wear, has IMO alot to do with looking good! Another major factor is womens clothing, accessories, etc, although it is always changing with the season, it continually offers more fashion variety in material, color, and style compared with the some-o dull hohum guy attire. It would be wonderful if we ALL could cross gender lines to wear whatever we felt comfortable in and have society accept that.

t-girlxsophie
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Such a lovely Compliment,and from an Italian too,well It doesn't get better than that:) It just goes to show how far you have come and how much you have blossomed,and yes Ladies Fashions are so much nicer :daydreaming:

:hugs:Sophie xx

Christina Horton
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
For the second time in as many weeks, I have been complimented on my clothing by someone who exudes style through her every pore.................Not really sure what has changed apart from the fact that I am now free to be my real self and can choose from so many more pretty outfits :o

That's always nice to hear.

What changed (not counting your expressing the real you) but the fact that there are more pretty stuff to wear and you can have two out fits and make them into 10 different stiles with shoes Jewry hair etc.

Like at a black tie party men look like clones but women look like flowers and no two are the same.

That's why!!!!!!!!!:D