PDA

View Full Version : Did CDing influence your choice of house?

Ria
07-09-2010, 09:44 AM
When I bought my first house and my second house, I asked myself before buying... "Can I wear my sexy and pretty outfits here without getting busted?" Particularly where I work at home.

I thought it's funny how my largest investments were influenced by my crossdressing.

I'm very happy with my decisions... Now to figure out how to get a large acreage so I can dress privatly outside... that would rock!

Madilyn A.
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Good topic. I have lived over 20 years at my current home which is on a corner in a residential community. At the time CDing was not a major concern. My side and backyard are very exposed to the street and as such limit my ability to go outside dressed except for late at night and then even with some trepidation. I have often thought how I should have taken my CDing into account when I purchased. For sure now, should I purchase another home, my CDing will have a major impact on the purchase. To that point, it seems that many of the CDers, like myself have a greater urge to spend more time enfem as we age.

Dana921
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Can you say closet space? Heehee!

Access, ability to come and go as I wish. Although, my neighbors see both presentations quite often, none have said anything other than hi! Though after about a year now, the boys and guys across the cul de sac do not watch me mow the lawn in a skirt anymore!:sad:

Dana

Barbara Jo
07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Interesting question......

However the more important question would be if CDing has infuenced any major life choices you made.
I suspect that many CDers have made life choices to accommodate their CDing if only subcounsiously.

Teresa Ann
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I would have to say it did, I live back into the woods so this time of the year I can't see any other houses I might get 5 cars a day past my house and with a long drive way I am able to walk around outside and only worry about is mosquitos. and still only 5 mile out of town.

Sarah Doepner
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
my wife and I love our privacy and when we built our current house we did what we could to stay out of the public eye and have a quiet place in a busy suburb. I still have work to do on the yard and fences to improve it, but it seems to work pretty well except for one thing. Her mother, father and older brother live just up the driveway about 150 feet from our front door.

BobbiU
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
We just moved from the Northeast to Texas 6 months ago, and since crossdressing is not a major part of my life, it was not a consideration for us. However, if it was, this area would NOT be the idea place to live. The property is so small compared to where we came from, and houses are so close (but much larger). For those that dress more openly, I would definitely think that larger and more privacy would be on the top of the "like to have" feature list if not the "must have" feature list.

t-girlxsophie
07-09-2010, 03:02 PM
This thread is very apt for me at the moment,When my first marriage ended I wasn't thinking of finding a council house just so It would help my dressing,but as luck would have It I was offered a flat in tower block (10 floors up),which turned out to be a godsend.

But fast forward to the present,We are now on local Council housing List,hoping to find nice house,with garden for the kids,If was in position to find a place where could dress freely in (and outside) we would,but we cannot afford to turn propertys away so I guess it will have to be a case of,fingers crossed though am sure it will be nice area so maybe the neighbours wouldn't be that interested in the,"girl next door"

:hugs:Sophie xx

Fab Karen
07-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Kinda in the category of "did you tell your butler when you hired him?"

Taylor186
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
not in the least.

BethCD
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
A few years back we were house shopping and that was a major concern. Ideally outdoor access, secondarily interior "viewing".
we ended up putting some money into our current home and stayed put, but it was a major consideration.

Beth

CdChloe
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Nope, but probably should've taken it into consideration before moving in next door to the in-laws who constantly send us food and stuff either over the fence or via my brother in law ringing the doorbell

BobbiU
07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
CdChloe:
I would imagine that can sure be a hassle, it's not like a door to door salesman, where you can just ignore them, and they'll go away. Do you need to leave your door locked, so they don't do a courtesty knock, and then walk in?

aliceeliot
07-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I move around the country with my work, and in my current location I specifically wanted a top floor apartment with a large balcony - which I found. It cost a bit more than other places, but gives me the freedom to get some 'fresh air' when dressed, without prying eyes.

~Trudy~
07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Nope, and I wish the rooms were bigger for practicing walking toward a full length mirror. I only get a few steps in and have to turn around, no time to get my rhythm going. If only the gym would would schedule a session in the aerobics room for "Walking in heels for men." They might be surprised how many show up.

CdChloe
07-10-2010, 04:08 AM
CdChloe:
I would imagine that can sure be a hassle, it's not like a door to door salesman, where you can just ignore them, and they'll go away. Do you need to leave your door locked, so they don't do a courtesy knock, and then walk in?

Our front door closes using a deadbolt lock anyway so unless they use a key, they have to knock.

They do have a key (spare) but they're not the sort of people to just walk in without letting us know at least a little in advance.

Kate Simmons
07-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Nope, my pocket book did mostly.:)

MargaretJ
07-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Bought my house many moons ago, at a time when I didn't cross dress. Over the last few years when I really got into it, I have come to regret my location, as I can't get out easily in the summer. If/when I move again, it will be one of the main reasons I will take into considerstion when purchasing a new home.

AKAMichelle
07-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Since I am preparing to move into another place, this makes perfect sense. I would prefer having a lot of acreage and not living very close to people. But that won't be possible this next time. So it is a major issue because I don't want to be hassled over who I am. I want to be free to walk out the door dressed or in male mode and have no interference from nosy neighbors. I have been working on the solution to this but I haven't decided yet where I will be moving shortly.

docrobbysherry
07-10-2010, 10:32 AM
My present house has a wonderful large yard with many private venues for shooting photos of Sherry!:battingeyelashes:
And, I bought it YEARS before I dressed for the first time!:)

However, the house is old and enormous! Only me and a child part time, live here. She will soon be moving out! Then, I want something easier to maintain!

I've been looking at smaller houses lately. Privacy in the yard is VERY important to me now!:o

Joanne f
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I moved into this house before i realised what i was but although i like the house i hate where it is and if i ever moved the CD/TG issue would have to play a major part in where i moved to .

( I should point out that i was already cross dressing long before i moved in but did not realise what it was and how much it would end up affecting my life )

Karinsamatha
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM
It did not when I bought my currant house, I did not cross dress then. Love the house but dislike being on top of my neighbors on both sides. So next house it will be a prime consideration!

NicoleScott
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
It makes perfect sense to consider crossdressing activities when selecting a house. CDing is just one of many aspects of our lives. If you have a dog, you would take that into consideration. If you like (or don't like) gardening, need play space for kids, or like to grill outside. Everything matters, and should be considered when making such a major decision.

Persephone
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
We've definitely included CD'ing in our housing choices ever since buying out first home.

That one had a completely enclosed back yard, a garage that opened into an alley, and a configuration with a "master suite" on one side of the house and the guest room on the other side. The master suite could be closed off with a door.

Our present house also has a walled back yard, but I now travel through the neighborhood without much caring what the neighbors think, although for some reason I'm still "intimidated" by people like the gardner and the poolman. Go figure.

carrie-ann
07-10-2010, 10:43 PM
No not at all. No one there is happy with me being a transgender there. It's there problem. It did effect how I painted it and designed the inside. The dining room.is green apple over dark red apple. The living room is gold,the computer room is HD Orange over black,the guest bed room is sand with African artifacts. The master bed room is teal. The bathroom is black and white free handed with black lines. So yes and no on your question.

eluuzion
07-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Well, I never live in the houses that I own. I only live in houses that I lease...long story (it's a privacy strategy to remain "invisible"). I also like the freedom to move in a flash, if the neighbors or neighborhood gets weird (barking dogs, etc).

Anyway, yes it is a consideration. I look for the "basics", meaning my house has to have the "foundation" that will allow me to "modify" it to my needs after I move in it, which I always do.

I have been in this place 8 years (long time for me). I have 2nd story sundeck (a must) that I covered perimeter 4' high for privacy. Access from my office with slider. All windows/sliders have thermofilm (I see out, nobody can see in). 5K ft back yard with valley on backside of fence (no close neighbors). Art studio and video surveillance system as good as Fort Knox. No surprises at my house, for sure. I never answer my doors, but always know if somebody is on property. CD heaven, basically...lol

Diana L
07-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes,

We looked for a long time for a house that would allow me to have a room of my own for Diana. We couldn't find one we liked in our price range but we did settle on one with 2 walk in closets. One is set aside exclusively for my femme clothes. It also influenced our last car purchase. We picked one that has tinted windows so I can now drive out of the neighborhood without worrying about neighbors seeing in. I don't really care what the neighbors think but my wife does so I am somewhat careful when leaving the house.

Diana

PretzelGirl
07-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Didn't think of it at the time, but I did end up with one that has no buildings across the street. Also, the garage and front porch are only visible to one neighbor. This neighbor is early to bed and takes off in a trailer a lot on the weekend. Bonus is that I don't think he would care anyway given his personality, so I don't worry about driving off or sitting out front in the evening.

susanCD123
07-11-2010, 01:27 PM
After looking at about a dozen houses, I walked into a master bedroom, that had double sliding closet doors, done with full length mirrors (about 8 Ft wide total.) I have been here for 7 years, and still love those mirrors!

Krissie1962
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I have been wanting to move for a long time .of major concern is the ability to go out side during the day "in a nitie" or whatever and feel the sun ,do some yard work ,wash the car , or dog,and not need to worry about if my panties are showing and whos looking... yes Id love to be out in the woods for sure.I am comfortable dressed as a women .not passable to anybody but me .and it may sound selfish but its about me ,I dont care what the muck you do .I need my space,so I can clime a tree in a dress if I choose.that could get a bit breezie.when I bought this place it was a seriouse consideration as well .my neighbors have changed.new ones we dont get along anyway so im sure the guirl next door would realy complicate things

Prissy Linda
07-11-2010, 02:11 PM
We bought our house over 20 years ago, It has a large master bedroom that is 24'x30' and has two large walk in closets which is perfect for my wardrobe, lots of room for clothes, shoes and wigs. When our children were still living at home I could get dressed and just hang out in the bedroom since it is large enough to accomidate a couch, chairs, tv, plus a seperate area for a small office which has one of our computers.

We have large acreage so neighbors being close by isn't an issue, I can dress however I want, anytime I want. So the answer to your question is yes the choice of house I bought was influenced by my need to dress.

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I will be moving into a condo in about three weeks, I may have to adjust my 24/7 routine, at least initially. :sad:

MarcellaMcNul
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Cd'ing didn't directly influence my choice in buying a home.

I assumed beforehand that once I was away from share houses and apartments,and into the privacy of a house owned and occupied by me alone; my dressing would escalate along with the new-found freedom.

To my surprise I experienced no change in the ebb and flow of my cd'ing desires at all.

IMO;it was a significant self-revelation.

rocketscientist
07-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I didn't really think about it when I bought my current house. I chose my house 1) because it is much larger than my previous one 2) I was offered a great deal on it 3) I can see my rental property from my back door!. When I do buy another house I will definitely pick one more cd friendly. I won't have neighbors 15 feet away, I will be able to come and go unseen or unheard and I will be able to enjoy the yard enfemme away from prying eyes. When that will be, I don't know. But for me, the sooner the better! Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

Bernadina
07-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Err no. Decision was wife 100% CDing 0%

Jane G
07-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes definatley considered how overlooked the property was and access to the car, as I love driving dressed. Only mistake I made was hiring a guy, to do my old job, when I got promoted. As he was moving from outside the area, I dug out a few local property details for him, including the house accross the street, which he bought. Big big mistake, huge!. Now I never dare leave or enter the front door dressed, which is a pain.

il.dso
07-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes, since I only crossdress at home.
Finding a house with lots of privacy is crucial
as my home is really my crossdressing world,
except for occassional underdressing and shopping.