PDA

View Full Version : haven't been around for a while

maryjanecapri
08-25-2005, 04:54 PM
hello all,

i've not been on the board for a while - not because i've purged or any such thing.

i have noticed something about myself lately and i wanted to know if any one else has experienced this same issue. during the summer there have been a couple of brief periods where i go through feelings of being more female than male. sometimes it's pretty dang strong but it only lasts for a bit and then subsides.

has anyone else gone through this? if so - how did you deal with it? i'm not really worried about it. i kind of assumed it was fairly normal (just an ebb and flow thing). but i did want to check in with others.

thanks all. i hope everyone is having a fine summer.

mary jane

oh - i did get my "name" (mary jane) tattooed on my lower back in japanese katakana. just thought i'd share that tidbit.

Sarah Ellis
08-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi MaryJane and welcome back. I too had been away from here until last weekend when I returned. I been going through a lot of things in life of late and wasn't around to be on here. Everyone has helped me and made me feel a lot better since.

Satin xxx

Toyah
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi there mary jane another tricky one to answer but will do my best. You ask if feeling like you did was normal, well normal is pretty unique to everyone, we have trends and little boxes that we sit in but the main thing is are you happy with your normal coz if you are hun well done because most of us are not.
So carry on being happy thats all that counts

Natalie x
08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey, Mary Jane. It's a good question, and made me think about whether my feelings go in cycles. As Toyah said, "normal" is what's right for each of us individually, there is no universal "normal".

My femininity seems fairly constant to me, and is slowly gaining control over my lifetime of male behaviour, so I don't go in cycles. Sometimes, there are so many other things happening that I don't get to put on a dress every day, but most times I will find a bit of time to let Natalie out, even if it's just to put a couple of things on for a short while.

What's most important, though, is to find what is right for you at any moment in time. Find that, and you have the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Ups times and down times. IMO you're just fine, good seeing you again Mary Jane :hugs:

maryjanecapri
08-26-2005, 07:59 AM
thanks so much all. and you're all right - normal pretty much has to be defined by ourselves because we're the ones who have to live in our skin. i guess waht i need to do is accept that sometimes the feelings will be stronger than others and that's perfectly okay. maybe i'll get to the point where i can start looking forward to when those stronge feelings come out. :D