PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you to get ready?

Ze
07-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi ladies. :Ze: I'm back with another curiosity question.

How long does it usually take you to completely cross-dress? I'm talking make-up, wig, clothes, and whatever else you ladies do to pass as much like a woman as possible on a given day. Is it 10 minutes? An hour? Does it take less time the more practice you've had?

From the GGs I've known in my life, getting dolled up can take forever. To go back and forth like you all are (and for some of you, in private) in addition to extras like wigs and padding must be exhausting.

And if you don't know how long it takes you, get an egg timer and report back here immediately! :heehee:

Teresa Ann
07-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Two Days for the Spackle to set. No really I can be out in 2 hours from start to out the door.

Cheryl T
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
My wife used to say I took forever.
Since I've been refining my look and getting much more practice I've gotten the entire process down to about an hour. That's including shower, shave, makeup and dressing.

If I plan ahead I can be ready in 30 minutes or so, but sometimes the whole thing is just too much fun to rush...:heehee:

SusanLCD
07-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Someone else asked this a few months ago. At that time, I said it was taking me about 2 hours from the time I start shaving until I put on the wig and check myself in the mirror. That's when I'm ready for the world.

I'm here to report that there has been no improvement in that time. Still 2 hours. Although I think that the results are marginally better.

I'd like to get it down to an hour. But, to do that, I'm going to have to train an entirely new pit crew. :D

Ze
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Two Days for the Spackle to set.

I honestly thought you were serious for a second. :doh: Shows you how dense I am!

If I plan ahead I can be ready in 30 minutes or so, but sometimes the whole thing is just too much fun to rush...:heehee:

Hmm...perhaps I should've included "mirror time" to my OP. :ner:

kellycan27
07-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I can do "not scary" in about 15 minutes :heehee:

Fab Karen
07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Well if you don't count shaving time it's less. & on occasions when you haven't shaved your legs in a long time, then it can be "forever."
Not counting shaving time, like an hour & a half. Concealing the beard-shadow well is the biggest task to looking like our femme selves.

Miranda09
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Hmmm....what time can you get here??? I can be ready to knock your eyes out by the time you arrive!!!!!!!!! ;)

Crissy Kay
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Even though I only dress in private, I like to look as good as I can, so its about an hour for Crissy to show up!!!

ArleneRaquel
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM
At may age about three hours. :o Actually less than 20 minutes. :)

Lorileah
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Daytime look, about 30 minutes total. Clubbing or photo shoot look about an hour. (I so want to be like Kelly).

Taylor186
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
If I'm going out it can take up to 3 hours or more, depending on whether I'm doing nails and lashes. For home pleasure, I can do it in under one hour.

Tasha McIntyre
07-09-2010, 05:20 PM
My first attempt at make up etc was last year, and took about an hour from start to finish - atrocious and messy :doh:. These days, with a fair bit of practice behind me I can be out the door in about half an hour.

Tash :)

janelle
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
It takes me about 20 minutes unless I have one of those days where I keep trying to find the right outfit. Somethings a girl just can not rush.

Kathi Lake
07-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I can go from him to her in less than 40 minutes - more if I want to savor it.

:)

Kathi

sherri
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
90 minutes. My getting ready always includes shaving legs and face, at a minimum.

If I really want to foof and primp, I can stretch that out to twice as long.

I luv being dressed, but I hate getting dressed. Shaving and doing makeup lost their fun factor long ago, they're just stuff I have to get through. But if I have plenty of time, I still enjoy the foofing -- moisturizing, lotion, fixing my hair and nails, picking out jewelry and outfit, padding around in panties and bra anticipating the evening.

Lexine
07-09-2010, 06:19 PM
My "Lexification" happens in just half an hour Ze. No more, no less ;)

CallMeMeg
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM
For flight day (Monday), I'm scheduling two hours, starting with shaving, showering, and contacts. If I can do it in less, I'll have time to get a manicure before going to the airport.

Lynn Marie
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
30 minutes flat. No shaving. Like to put on my lingerie and heels and a black transparent dressing gown. Then I do my makeup, don wig and brush it into the style I want. Then finish with skirt and top and some jewelry, and maybe a belt. Pretty much 30 minutes, any longer and I probably wouldn't dress as much. Who's got the time?

Nicole Erin
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I have a habit of waiting til the last minute to head out for school.

SO, 30 minutes before heading out, I hit the shower, get out, dry off, do hair, do makeup while complaining to myself what a hassle makeup is, get dressed in bra, undies, slacks, top, go fix my hair again, and out the door.

I do not use a wig, and dressing as Erin is pretty much my daily routine anymore so I am pretty fast, one has to be when waiting til the dead last minute like I always do.

Rianna Humble
07-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm starting to get the minimalist look down quite well now.

From shower to dressed about 45 min to 1 hour. Add nails to match the outfit and that goes up to around 90 min.

Niya W
07-09-2010, 08:23 PM
I can do it on one hour, and that includes chat on line and a glass of wine. Other wise 10-20 minutes.

Nicole Brown
07-09-2010, 08:48 PM
An hour, and that is down form 2 hours a few years ago. I guess practice does make things quicker.

Christina Horton
07-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey Ze. I wrote a thread not to long ago. Got lots of good responses. I'm on my iPhone and can't put the link on now but you can go read it and it should tell you lots. When I'm out of the tub I will get the link. Have fun.

Rachel Morley
07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
In the beginning it used to take 2 hours but now it's 1 hour .... 45 minutes if I push it :)

Ze
07-09-2010, 09:09 PM
You surf CD.com while in the tub? Oh Christina...:facepalm:

:heehee:

Niya W
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Why not Ze?

kellycan27
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
116168 if you are talking about "this" kelly it's easy. I don't wear much make up especially at this time of the year. In this pic, just some lip gloss. My b/f is used to me now lol. It was also a good week..no zits!
Now if you were just being sarcastic....:tongueout

brittdoll
07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
About 2 hours for me as well, I'm never in a big hurry. The whole process is fun.

Christina Horton
07-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Is I promised here's the link http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133681

Don't you shake your cartoon face at me young man.....I happen to have a 20 in TV VCR DVD combo player in there too. I take all day baths too. So :tongueout

eluuzion
07-10-2010, 02:33 AM
It is kind of like having sex...

If it is just the same old routine...about 10 minutes.

If I am trying something new and exciting...about 1 to 1.5 hours

2 hours if taking pictures is on the menu....lol

:love:

Chloe Renee
07-10-2010, 07:52 AM

That is what modern Tech is all about... I surf with the "frankenberry" from the tub all the time. As well as answer emails from the shower, I"ve also taken calls from the shower. That requires a little explanation.:doh:

Back on topic... In Christina's thread I said I took about an hour to get ready, well after a month of solid practice I am down to consistently 40 min from stepping out of the shower, to walking out the door. Time breaks were in the makeup application stage (4), and styling my hair (7min).

PretzelGirl
07-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I haven't had enough practice on the full thing to get my time down. From the start of the shower to hitting the door it is two hours for me and styling my hair is the biggest impact on my time.

If I go by all the dates I had (when much younger), 1/2 hour is before the date picks you up and 1 1/2 hours is after the date has arrived and is sitting in the living room being subjected to questioning by your parents.

Faith_G
07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I need about half an hour to be presentable.

JoannaCaroline
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Absolutely depends on where I am going and what I am doing. To go to the store or out on a normal night 30-40 minutes from scratch (after shower). Fetish clubs? Hours.

Lynn Marie
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
It is kind of like having sex...

If it is just the same old routine...about 10 minutes.

If I am trying something new and exciting...about 1 to 1.5 hours

2 hours if taking pictures is on the menu....lol

:love:

Now that was funny. Thanks!

Frédérique
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
How long does it usually take you to completely cross-dress? I'm talking make-up, wig, clothes, and whatever else you ladies do to pass as much like a woman as possible on a given day. Is it 10 minutes? An hour? Does it take less time the more practice you've had?

As soon as I retrieve my panties from the oven, remove my face from the storage jar (and wash off the formaldehyde), get my wig off of the clothesline, and bring my favorite crinoline down from the attic, I’m ready to get ready. The whole process of transformation, start to finish, takes a fortnight, especially if the Moon is in Sagittarius. It gets longer year by year. Ironically, it takes me more time to dress in drab, because the entire process fills me with unhappiness. I would say self-loathing, of course, but I’m in mixed company here. If I had my druthers, whatever druthers are, I would never leave a completely dressed state – it would save me a lot of time…:o

Sarah Doepner
07-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Right now I need to shower, shave, do my nails, shave a little more, fix the smudges on my nails, put on my makeup, get the foundation garments on, pick an outfit, try it on, decide it's no good, take it off, find my jewelry and shoes that make a pair, get my hair on, decide on a new outfit, pick out new jewelry, stop and fix a gin and tonic and drink it, pick out new jewelry and shoes, make another drink, make sure I have what I need in my purse, give myself a little spray of smellgood and then I'll be ready. It shouldn't take more than one hour, eight minutes and fifty-three seconds.

But then I'll stop at the door and wonder what I forgot and that could add a little more time to the process.

NicoleScott
07-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm a dress-for-pleasure CD, and the pleasure begins when I start making up. My goal isn't just to get to the finished product, but to enjoy the process. I love watching the transformation as it happens in the mirror. So I'm never really in a hurry. When I go all out (the works), 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

Butterfly Bill
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
In the summertime - as long as it takes to step in some sandals and throw a dress over my head, about one minute.

Kate Simmons
07-13-2010, 05:14 AM
About 30 minutes, give or take after showering and shaving.:)

Gerrijerry
07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
on average if I am not going to dress up fancy about 30 to 45 minutes. If I need to really dress up for a special reason about 60 to 90 minutes.

Mistybtm
07-13-2010, 06:10 AM
:battingeyelashes:everyday ware about 60 min to 90, getting ready for a date i have taken up to 2.5 hours to getting ready.:D

Charla McBee
07-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Right now I'd say 20-30 minutes but I don't really have a lot of options to work with so there's not so much decision time.

Maryesther M.
07-13-2010, 07:22 AM
To 'underdress'....minutes. To dress up, no make-up just for fun....a few more minutes. To make-up face, nails, wig, earrings &c &c a good hour/hour and a half. To take photos of all this get-up....certainly a whole 3-4 hours minimum. Preferrably a whole day.
For me that's rare enough, as it involves retrieving everything out of secret storeage, doing the CD thing, stashing EVERYTHING away again and checking it's all gone, then getting rid of the make-up, nail varnish &c. and stowing things like the tripod & mirrors away, too.

DonniDarkness
07-13-2010, 08:01 AM
from lingerie to cooking to final hair.....3-4 hours full drag

just cding, a couple min

-Donni-

Joanne108
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
For me the basics (bra,forms, padding, and pantyhose) about 10 mins, clothes (skirt, blouse, or dress) 10 mins, my face well, 20 mins on a good day, wig, and final touches 10 mins so its about 45 to 1 hour from drab to fab.

Ms Jennifer
07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
At Least an hour and that is if I don't mess up my makeup.then back and forth between outfits.So it can take all weekend Ha.

Debra Russell
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Same as Rachel 1hr + or - and I am a lot more tolerent of my wifes preperation time since I started doing makeup and dressing to go out

Elsa Larson
07-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Before I even think about going out fully en femme, I need several days to wax/pluck my beard, shave everything else, deal with ear & nose hair, trim & shape eyebrows, give myself a decent manicure/pedicure & polish, color my hair (temporary color that washes out in a few weeks) and maybe get a haircut.

AFTER all that, I can be out the door in just a few minutes depending on whether I'm wearing hip/bottom padding in addition to breast forms.

I'm fortunate to have my own long hair and my beard is mostly white so I don't need much makeup to cover it when it's plucked/shaved.

Sarah...
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
About 10 minutes on a Sunday. 1 hour on a work day - most of which is curling my hair. Putting make up on in the car on the way to work doesn't count.

Shananigans
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
These are surprisingly consistent with how long it takes GG's to get ready. I can get ready in 15 minutes and be presentable to the world. But, the whole thing...shower, shave, nails, plucking, hair rolling, makeup, clothes, and obtaining moral support from friends to ensure you look awesome...about 90-120 minutes.

Michelle_NY
07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
A little over an hr here

Astrid Sabrina
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
It can take up to 3 hours or more if I'm going out :doll:

CharleneT
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
My normal daily prep is about 15 minutes. If I'm going out, not including picking clothes, probably 30 minutes. Picking clothing: I start a day early . . . :eek:

CallMeMeg
07-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Yesterday, not counting shower and shave, it took me 40 minutes to do makeup and get changed from boy clothes to girl. I know, because I was changing in the family restroom at the mall before heading to the airport. I kept track, just for this thread. :)