PDA

View Full Version : Makeup & Outfit coordination

CharlotteSomers
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Ok, so I have the day off tomorrow and will be dressing and probably going out. I'll be wearing this shirt and either low-rise stretch jeans or a pleated khacki-color miniskirt with knee high black boots. I'll also be wearing my short blonde wig out for the first time.

My question is would it be a good thing to match my eye shadow to the color of this shirt? I'll be using a dark base on the eye shadow so I'm asking more about the highlights. Should I use purple or just stick with normal dark colors? The purple I'm thinking is a light colored purple.

Toyah
08-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Ok, so I have the day off tomorrow and will be dressing and probably going out. I'll be wearing this shirt and either low-rise stretch jeans or a pleated khacki-color miniskirt with knee high black boots. I'll also be wearing my short blonde wig out for the first time.

My question is would it be a good thing to match my eye shadow to the color of this shirt? I'll be using a dark base on the eye shadow so I'm asking more about the highlights. Should I use purple or just stick with normal dark colors? The purple I'm thinking is a light colored purple.

Oh definatly go with the stripes :lol:
Sorry could not resist, purple sounds real good but a darker one, are we getting piccys:)

CharlotteSomers
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Are stripes bad? I have no fashion sence. Please tell me if they're bad.

I'll take some piccys and if there are any that come out good I'll post them.

Toyah
08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Are stripes bad? I have no fashion sence. Please tell me if they're bad.

I'll take some piccys and if there are any that come out good I'll post them.

Oh sorry hun the outfit is good, meant the eye makeup would be soo funny, just my bad sense of humour

MsEva
08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Can make you look a bit top heavy. But what do I know...I think you would look sweet in the stretch jeans...very girly! :)

CharlotteSomers
08-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Ok, here are a couple of previews outfits. The only thing different is the hair (duh) and I'm wearing white Sketchers in one and black boots in the other.

The look I'm going for is of a mid 20's early 30's woman just out shopping for the day. I'll also be carrying a small black purse.

Which one looks better? I know what I like about these, but I want to hear from you. Anything you would change? Is my makeup ok? Sketchers or boots? Are my jeans too low? Boobs too big? Which hair? Totally off base? Please tell me. I want to be out for a while tomorrow.

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxOYwqu4SjF4q8q-hxBn7wK1y_VHwlnDrmfIfSY4UX5roRaktLkkX2Sy_IU9t90CGR m5rko8j9xPxrcNxo0G9jALIG655IkLPkghsm-JXDj5ZIcSHOJ_vvuYIM3H59J6f4Op_DewAJYY88R7HBXWa0WOb 07TWRRAK

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxOYwqu4SjF4q8q-hxBn7wK1y_VHwlnDrmfIfSY4UX5rFxApO5LlWIXRfjbAMcu8A7 lr4x6RC5yaXt4Kl_0ERhON5_ORiSFK-uXPiRA3jbU6mOTb2x_z8W8iobCJcvGhFuHapbo__k1z_DIH3bX dlyA

Toyah
08-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Dark looks better no idea why

Jodi
08-25-2005, 06:52 PM
What color are your eyes? If your eyes are blue, gray or hazel, a nice dark denim blue or dark purple shadow with an Ivory fringe would look great with the outfit. Whatever you do--NO light blue shadow. If your eyes are brown or green, a brown or bronze shadow would look great. Your could do the same shadow with either wig. For a day trip of shopping, the outfit is perfect. I would not do the boots--wrong time of year. A month from now they would go.

Good luck and have fun.

Jodi

racquel
08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Don't have any myself.
Just wanted to second Toyah about dark hair works best for you,imho.

MsEva
08-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Gotta go with the dark hair..looks very natural! :)

Phoebe Reece
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
I have to vote for the short blonde wig. It just looks more natural for that 20-30 something casual look. If you were going out clubbing and trying to look more dressy, I think the long dark one might have the edge. I would also look into getting another top. I'm just not a fan of horizontal stripes, they make you look wide. You're in pretty good shape, but the stripes don't show you off to your best advantage. A plain white blouse with the shirtail tied around the waist would look pretty sharp with those jeans. Just my opinion....

Sarah_honey
08-25-2005, 07:42 PM
The light-colored purple, if you do it sparingly, will really liven up your look.

Noel Chimes
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I would go with the light shades. A littile highlite never hurts. I must compliment your outfit. I had to look twice. You reminded me of a nurse I use to work with. I'm a sucker for long hair.
Hugs and kisses, Noel

CharlotteSomers
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Hmm. I thought more people would like the blonde hair. Does the long hair really look more like a girl?

My eyes are hazel. You cant really tell in those pics, but I do have a little puple shadow on top of the black base. I won't go with blue. I do have a pair of darker jeans. I'll wear those with the white tennis shoes. Hopefully it wont rain tomorrow. If I go out, I'll try to take some video too.

I also do have a white blouse that ties behind the back that may look better. I'll try that out. It has somewhat of a low neckline though. gotta be careful there.

Noel Chimes
08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
short hair= soccer mom. Long hair=College student. only my opinion. Noel

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Actually I think the dark wig is a bit long, but the color work better with your skin tones. It looks like you've got warm undertones to your skin and the blonde wig has cool tones, which doesn't look natural. Don't know if it's the flash on the camera, but the blonde wig looks a little too shiny as well. Longer hair does generally equal younger.

Don't know how tall you are, but the Sketchers probably have lower heels, which might be helpful. But the boots look fine too.

The shirt looks fine, although for the future I'd caution against horizontal strips since that will make you look wider -- and I'm assuming you're probably bigger than the average GG. Vertical stripes are more slimming.

Have fun!

Tristen Cox
08-26-2005, 01:56 AM
I guess I'm weird but I'd go with the soccer mo...er the first set of pics :cool: :D

PattiL
08-26-2005, 11:42 AM
With that outfit, I like the dark hair. With a lighter shirt, the blonde would look great.

ebony
08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree with Sarah the light purple

Wendy me
08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Charlotte i love the long wig i just like longer hair but the short one is so cute i would go with that....

CharlotteSomers
08-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks SO much for your help everybody. I personally like the way the blonde hair looks myself. I don't think of myself as a soccer mom (although there are some very attractive ones out there), but I am not exactly young enough to be a college girl either. And although some of you like the blonde hair better as well, I went with majority in this thread, the long dark hair.

I'll create another thread with some pics and 2 videos I took when I went out this morning.

Thanks again everybody. :)

parris james
08-26-2005, 01:29 PM
You're hot either way hun :) have fun

MarinaTwelve200
08-26-2005, 08:37 PM
I really like the longer hair, but the short blonde wig looks more realistic and dosent attract as much attention--I assume you want to "blend in"