PDA

View Full Version : GG friends suprise gift

t-girlxsophie
07-10-2010, 05:39 AM
My friend Sam last night returned to work from holiday in Spain,she and I have become good friends,when we work together we can spend whole shifts talking girlie stuff,she has been going through a marriage break up and have tried to do my best to help,its almost like we are girl mates.

Last night I recieved a lovely surprise,she had brought me back a gift,I opened it and inside was the most gorgeous pink and silver bracelet,I was so pleased at her kindness,but what she said next blew me away,she told me my gift was "for listening,and for being a good friend" well that made me feel really good.It is really nice when your friends think of you in this way,and don't judge you for who you are,Has any of you been suprised by something a GG,or indeed anyone has done for you that just gave you a happy feeling :)

HUGS Sophie x x

AKAMichelle
07-10-2010, 09:38 AM
While I have never felt these feelings, I am so happy for you. I can only imagine how this made you feel to be so accepted.

Rachel Morley
07-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Has any of you been surprised by something a GG,or indeed anyone has done for you that just gave you a happy feeling :)
Yes. At the risk of sounding big-headed, my wife has told me many times that one of the things she loves about me is that apparently I'm more like a woman when it comes to relationships. She has bought me girly gifts before to "thank me for being me". Sounds like you and I have something in common :)

boardpuppy
07-10-2010, 12:28 PM
The only GG friend that I have had coming close to matching your discription got married and moved to Va. I miss our talks, though not long or many due to her work schedule. I envy the closeness you share and be sure to do something nice for her.

Hugs,
Alice

Lynn Marie
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Ah, the fine art of listening. Most folks have great stories to tell. We just need to stop and listen for a while. The reward for listening will far out weigh anything else we were going to do with that time. And that applies even if you don't get a lovely bracelet!

I've learned to listen. I love story tellers. They light up my life.

PortiaHoney
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
You are one lucky girl.

I have had a bunch of flowers delivered to my work for me by my then partner for a similar platitude. And a male friend had a big bunch of flowers delivered to my apartment to say thanks on another occasion.

It feels so good to get a gift more in line with the "girl in you". Especially before you actually come "out". An indication of a close one's acceptance of the real you.

Portia

Shelby
07-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I am friends with a gg. We started out trying to date, but she just didn't have the same feelings as I had for her. Early on in the dating, I told her about my cding and she has been so supportive. After we decided to just be friends, she has come over to get my opinion on bikinis by modeling them for me. Then I showed her my wardrobe and modeled for. We talk about our recent dates and everyday stuff. She just cleaned her closet and found a cute top that is to big on her, so she gave it to me knowing it would fit me. She lost a lot of weight a few years back but still has some of her old clothes and said she would pick out a few items that she thinks would work on me. In some ways, we are like Harry and Sally from the movie except that I crossdress and he didn't. We have such a great time together and are better friends because of this. I don't think we would have stayed in touch after dating if weren't for my cding.

ellenwannabe
07-10-2010, 01:38 PM
good for you - I worked as an RN all my life and had another GG nurse that talked to me as if I were female and she knew about my CDing and we could talk about fashion, sex, makeup, hair styles and colors, and once at work we swapped uniforms to see what the other staff and patients would say and that was so much fun - she had worn a very feminine pair of scrubs and I had worn a pair of female white jeans and she didn't even comment when I stood there in my white pantyhose as I handed my jeans out the door to her - that was a great day and a great GG friend - Ellen

Samantha Thomson
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
yes i have a friend like that her name is dianne she is going through a rocky relationship but she bought me a verry sexy red bra blouse skirt and some jewerly and said im a good listener and she doesnt care im a girl samantha